If We're talking about ones that got away...

then we have to mention Charlie Adam. Whats worse is, we had him on the books and he went for pretty much Hee Haw. With the lack of dig we have in our midfield right now we could really be doing with big Charles. The performances he's consistently turned in down south have been to notch. In my opinion, he pretty much holds Blackpool together.

Put it this way, Adam or Edu. Who should still be here?

Neither.

Both have been poor in their time here and merited/merits a move away.

Adam looked like he couldn't give a damn most games, though that wasn't helped by the fact that we played him out wide.

To be honest, I have watched Adam quite a bit and he doesn't look any better than he did when he was at Rangers. Those long range diagonal passes he does almost always end up going out of play. Barry Ferguson was 3x the player Adam is when he left the first time. The money being shouted about Adam down south would suggest he is twice the player Barry Ferguson was when he left, which he definitely isn't.

To be honest, I have watched Adam quite a bit and he doesn't look any better than he did when he was at Rangers. Those long range diagonal passes he does almost always end up going out of play. Barry Ferguson was 3x the player Adam is when he left the first time. The money being shouted about Adam down south would suggest he is twice the player Barry Ferguson was when he left, which he definitely isn't.

I don't remember him being rated in the £14 million bracket when he was at Rangers

I don't remember him being rated in the £14 million bracket when he was at Rangers

I never said he was, I still don't think he's worth that much. You cant deny that Ferguson wasn't a better player when he first left than Adam is just now. I was one of the few people that actually rated Adam before he left, I just don't think he's any better than when he was with us, Remember he scored 14 goals form midfield under Le Guen but I still reckon Ferguson was a better player, especially in the 2003 season. No one can argue with that.

or can they?

Also forgot to add, Juventus were reported at the time to be willing to pat £18M for Fergie.

I never said he was, I still don't think he's worth that much. You cant deny that Ferguson wasn't a better player when he first left than Adam is just now. I was one of the few people that actually rated Adam before he left, I just don't think he's any better than when he was with us, Remember he scored 14 goals form midfield under Le Guen but I still reckon Ferguson was a better player, especially in the 2003 season. No one can argue with that.

or can they?

You're on the windup right? He was totally shite in the majority of our games and is now one of the standout players in one of the biggest leagues in the world.

or can they?

You're seriously saying Charlie Adam was Better than Barry Ferguson when he first left Ibrox?

That's ridiculous. Barry Ferguson was one of the best midfeilders in Europe in his prime. Charlie Adam couldn't lace Fergusons boots in Barrys day.

Barry Ferguson is also playing very well atm. Adam just gets more headlines.

Either way, both are top players and questions have to be asked as to why they were so shit when they left then suddenly became top players again.

Apart from anything else, we got £500k for Adam, a player now worth £15m +.

Barry Ferguson is also playing very well atm. Adam just gets more headlines.

Either way, both are top players and questions have to be asked as to why they were so shit when they left then suddenly became top players again.

Apart from anything else, we got £500k for Adam, a player now worth £15m +.

I agree questions do have to be asked about it. It's simply down to coaching and fitness. I reckon Adam is VERY overrated if i'm honest and comparing him to the Barry Ferguson in his prime is like comparing chalk to cheese.

How is Adam overrated? Have you seen Blackpool play this season? There are countless games he has completely controlled.

Yes I have. I still think he is over rated. £15 million? No chance. I wouldn't pay even half that for him. At Ibrox I didn't rate him and at Blackpool, he has improved but I still don't think he is the player half the people on RM think he is.

Well thats a lot o' pish. Charlie Adam has a 10 million pound price tag on his head. Barry Ferguson has never had that at any point in his career. "Those long range diagonal passes always go out of play" Do they ? Do they really? Ferguson must be fuckin depressed right now and hell mend him.

or can they?

Ferguson always had the luxury of Rangers to fall back on if it all went sour down south because the fans worshipped him. Charlie Adam was despised by some of his own. Adam had to start from square one at a lower league Blackpool team, only on loan to start but hoping for a Rangers return. Then shipped out to Blackpool eventually and for all his graft I'm happy for him and for where he is now, somewhere Ferguson never will be. Eck is the reason Barry's in the premiership now. Every other premiership manager wouldn't take a second glance at him.

I remember this being spoken about.

This would have been thee one that got away.

Defo mate as he was just coming off the back of a great few seasons with PSV and was only starting to make a name for himself before the mighty Barca snapped him up with Inter also lurking with their name in the media.

I'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong but from what i remember SDM was thinking or tabled an offer of £10m?

Greatest player and striker in the world of that era by far...

Dalglish - to think he was Rangers daft and living on our doorstep, how the feck did we miss him ?

He would have been like alot of other wee guys fae Glesga tae Rangers, too wee! its a sad day when Rangers turn people away for they're height because they might not grow etc...