Diouf

BlueMe

Thought he was alright yesterday, his ball retention was great, set up the first goal, just think he could have been subbed for Fleck towards the end of the game to give us a bit of freshness and a bit more pace up front, Fleck has done well with Jelavic before and could have done no worse.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he was alright yesterday, his ball retention was great, set up the first goal, just think he could have been subbed for Fleck towards the end of the game to give us a bit of freshness and a bit more pace up front, Fleck has done well with Jelavic before and could have done no worse.

When? lol

He's one of very few in our squad with a good footballers brain and hardly ever gives the ball away.

Yet he gets fucking pounded by what seems majority of rangers fans, I'd keep him for next season in a heartbeat

Seriously though what does he offer us? When played up front he drops back into midfield and leaves Jelavic on his own with no support, he does not create a lot and is not a goalscorer.

And this constant praise he gets is becoming embarassing now. It reminds me of the constant Sebo chants. When the team was being read out he got a better reception than Jelavic which I find amazing.

Back to Blackburn please.

WS changed to a 4-5-1 yesterday, can't blame Diouf for that. And what does he offer us? Well two assists yesterday.

WS changed to a 4-5-1 yesterday, can't blame Diouf for that. And what does he offer us? Well two assists yesterday.

I admit that was an excellent free-kick for Jelavic to score but there is no way he set up the second goal.

He hit a corner that was cleared into the air and then Edu knocked it down for Naismith.

i think he means the time when fleck played that ONE ball through to jelavic and he NEARLY scored?

that ONE and ONLY time they have linked up?

:lol:

He attempted more, I dont see anyone else getting in and around that area playing balls to our strikers, I still would have subbed Fleck on regardless because he is the only other player that could have played up front, that small glimpse with Jelavic was a bonus. No need to be an arse about it when its clear Diouf was offering little towards the end of the game.

He attempted more, I dont see anyone else getting in and around that area playing balls to our strikers, I still would have subbed Fleck on regardless because he is the only other player that could have played up front, that small glimpse with Jelavic was a bonus. No need to be an arse about it when its clear Diouf was offering little towards the end of the game.

no harm ment mate,i was only joking (tu)

i agree,fleck should have been brought on for diouf near the end of the game

even to offer us a bit of pace,because diouf certainly has none.

fleck has been pish poor this season tho,he was unfortunate with his pre-season injury i dont think he's been up to speed since then.

he's shown glimpses this season,nothing more imo.

He definitely slows our game down, fair enough he is great at holding the ball up - but he does it even when we are breaking forward.

Plus his inability to have a pop at goal in and around the box is worrying, he got into some good areas yesterday and always seemed to be looking to pass the ball rather than have a pop himself.