Diouf

BlueMe

i'll start off by saying,i'm not on here to slag the guy off,and it's not a knee jerk reaction to today's result

but what does diouf offer us?

he slows our play down to walking speed when we should be pressing the game

gets caught in possession and blows hot and cold(cold more often)far to much.

i think we were forced in to playing him today due to injuries or he would definitely have been on the bench.

my opinion of him is,decent squad player to have on the bench to bring on if we're winning,so he can slow the game down.

hope we don't offer him a deal when his loans up.

opinions? (tu)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll start off by saying,i'm not on here to slag the guy off,and it's not a knee jerk reaction to today's result

i think we were forced in to playing him today due to injuries or he would definitely have been on the bench.

my opinion of him is,decent squad player to have on the bench to bring on if we're winning,so he can slow the game down.

opinions? (tu)

whilst hes not our best player....he has vision, can cross a ball, can pass a ball, will run his heart out.

i dont notice him slowing our play down - but maybe thats because edu is on the field and he is possibly the slowest most negative player on the pitch!

opinions? (tu)

Aye im kinda with you, i dont like when he drops really deep, but I would say he was probably man of the match today, and is probably Jelavic apart our Classiest player, i would sign him for another year.

opinions? (tu)

HE DOES NOTHING FOR US.

opinions? (tu)

Fixed that for you mate!

We actully done something from a set piece :craphead:

But seriously he still hasnt proved he is worthy of a deal

All the talking is fine if you are playing well and results are going your way

But once again the talking has backfired on us.

Aye im kinda with you, i dont like when he drops really deep, but I would say he was probably man of the match today, and is probably Jelavic apart our Classiest player, i would sign him for another year.

Really!? anguish.gifanguish.gifanguish.gif

I believe he has an injury ATM and has done since before the cup final, same as Davis there was a few today that IMO were quite clearly not fit enough but played because there was no other option but to play.

I believe he has an injury ATM and has done since before the cup final, same as Davis there was a few today that IMO were quite clearly not fit enough but played because there was no other option but to play.

Same with Wylde, he pulled out the U21 Scotland squad with a hamstring problem, didn't look a patch on what he has done the past couple of games. Maybe just an off day but imo he just didn't look right.

In regards to Diouf, yes he slows us down, were a better team without him, as proven in the cup final. Would rather get Bartley + or Weiss for another season than permanantly sign Diouf.

I think Diouf can cross,link play well and retain possession today some of his passing was a bit off when in good positions or sometimes he held on to ball too long.I think El Hadj could be a good player for us but he needs to show more and we need to utilise him better.

What does he offer us? Well today 2 assists.

I thought while his pace isn't the best, his touch and control today was very decent.

I don't think I'd keep him but he's certainly not been our worst player, certainly not today.

Diouf was an attempt by Rangers at bringing in a player that upset the plans of their rivals - it backfired with Scott Brown's fluke.

It has been notable in recent years that celtic had the edge on us every season, by bringing in someone who could lift the squad and Neil Lennon as coach was the most notable move Celtic made. Rangers needed a player and Walter made a gamble on a player who he knew would infuriate the Celtic fans - it just did not work and we cannot afford his wages after the season finishes.

Apart from the 21 games for Blackburn this season?

Good side that Blackburn aye, and that is why he is on loan in the SPL.

Decent player, does a job now and again.

Top player.

Best delivery at the club and has great vision and creativity and is a great passer.

Should be our playmaker but is played upfront for some weird reason.

Runs his heart out aswell.

MOTM today and if he was willing to drop into our wage structure we would be crazy not to keep him.

Davis was MOTM today.

Hasn't played up front all the time.

Maybe if he had a run of games in a specific position he might find his groove. He's in the side, out the side, in attack, in midfield...Give the guy a chance in a special role.