Weir wants to stay at Rangers

SDOW  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think he should stay on?

• Yes
    • No

A wee bit of respect would not go astray here. He is captain of Rangers and has conducted himself on and off the park in the true rangers mould.

Yes I agree this should be his last season as a player for us but there are ways of telling someone their time is up. Not get tae fuck. :mad:

[/quote]

That's what I said,mate! (tu)

Davie would do well to retire, but I can't blame him for saying he wants to play on,because when you're finished...there's no going back. I finished playing football at 41yrs of age and I regretted it ever since...even although it was the right thing to do, because I no longer could do the job...I was also the coach,but I dropped myself for a cup final because I knew I was a possible liability to my team.

McCoist will have a big decision to make in the off-season regarding Weir.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A wee bit of respect would not go astray here. He is captain of Rangers and has conducted himself on and off the park in the true rangers mould.

Yes I agree this should be his last season as a player for us but there are ways of telling someone their time is up. Not get tae fuck. :mad:

That's what I said,mate! (tu)

Davie would do well to retire, but I can't blame him for saying he wants to play on,because when you're finished...there's no going back. I finished playing football at 41yrs of age and I regretted it ever since...even although it was the right thing to do, because I no longer could do the job...I was also the coach,but I dropped myself for a cup final because I knew I was a possible liability to my team.

McCoist will have a big decision to make in the off-season regarding Weir.

It would be surprising if the two haven't discussed this already. Weir going public with it now, worries me.

As a defending coach yes.

As a player definately not...this season has been littered with major errors and next season will just see the big man embarrass himself..None of us like getting older but we have to accept it and move on.

What's with all this..."Get tae fuck, Weir" stuff.

Show the man a bit of fucking respect will you! A yes, or a polite reason for him not staying would have sufficed in the answer. I personally would like to see a younger centre back in our defence next season, who has at least the same quality of Weir...But if we can't buy one or produce one from the youths, then what would you prefer...Broadfoot?

We might prefer SDoW to pack in the playing side of things,but why wouldn't he want to continue playing for the Rangers?

I have no problem with Weir getting another year contract,as long as he has to fight for the right to get a starting spot...Something that hasn't happened at times this season.

If this is Davie Weir's last season, I wish him a great future in management and thank him for his outstanding contribution to Rangers F.C.

Thanks goodness for that post, well said Oz (tu)

I really, really hope Weir is not playing for us next season, but the lack of respect shown to a Rangers captain and gentleman in this thread is astonishing. I don't know where this anger comes from <cr>

Besides, the headline and tone of the article hardly reflect what Weir says.

It would be surprising if the two haven't discussed this already. Weir going public with it now, worries me.

Casey! I would say this has been discussed quite a few times between Messrs Weir & McCoist.

I'm not game to give my opinion of how those conversation unfolded, because I think it might be the one the majority of fans would rather not hear.

Casey! I would say this has been discussed quite a few times between Messrs Weir & McCoist.

I'm not game to give my opinion of how those conversation unfolded, because I think it might be the one the majority of fans would rather not hear.

I fear you're right. Another year of Weir and McCulloch. :anguish:

Fucking amen. Some people don't know how to treat service. Imagine these cunts saying the same to Tiger Shaw when he was 39 and still playing?

No offence, Sam, but his age has fuck all to do with it. His inclusion is detrimental to the whole team, as he has to be accommodated by those around him. 17, 25, 40, it makes no difference.

Fucking amen. Some people don't know how to treat service. Imagine these cunts saying the same to Tiger Shaw when he was 39 and still playing?

Samuel...They wouldn't have had the fuckin nerve to even suggest that to Big Jock...One side glance from him and the yellow stuff would be running doon their trooser leg. I've had many boots up the arse from the great man when I was a young fella,and in fact, I'll be going over to see his daughter, Margaret when I get over on holiday.

I last saw Tiger in 1966 and do you know, I still called him 'Mister Shaw' such was the respect he was afforded.

Thanks goodness for that post, well said Oz (tu)

I really, really hope Weir is not playing for us next season, but the lack of respect shown to a Rangers captain and gentleman in this thread is astonishing. I don't know where this anger comes from <cr>

Besides, the headline and tone of the article hardly reflect what Weir says.

I'd agree with that,bp. (tu)

I fear you're right. Another year of Weir and McCulloch. :anguish:

Fuckin hell! and we haven't even mentioned Edu yet doh But then again, Edu might get his early Rangers form back when he really looked a good prospect. :D

Fuckin hell! and we haven't even mentioned Edu yet doh But then again, Edu might get his early Rangers form back when he really looked a good prospect. :D

I think it might already be too late for Edu to win back the Ibrox crowd. Does he have the bottle to do it?

One player I would love to have met Oz. My father tells me his brother wasn't half bad either as a player.

Your father was correct,Samuel! from what I have been told by people who saw him play

Davie wasn't as well known as Jock,maybe because he played for Hibs and then Aberdeen. I only met Davie a couple of times when he visited Jock, but I know he was well regarded as a player and as a person, by those at Hibs and Aberdeen where he became a very successful coach.

My Uncle Jimmy and Davie were good mates, or so I was told once upon a time.

Jock reckoned that Davie was a better player than he was...But i find that hard to believe.