Weir wants to stay at Rangers

SDOW  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think he should stay on?

• Yes
    • No

I think it might already be too late for Edu to win back the Ibrox crowd. Does he have the bottle to do it?

Very good question,casey...and one I can't answer with any confidence. I am beginning to think that part of Edu's problem is that he hasn't got any mongrel in him, plus the fact that he is far too quiet on the park.

When he first came to us, I thought..."Fuck this boy can play!" and as he settled in to our team, I was convinced that with some good quality coaching, Edu would be our version of Scott Parker, once he got up to the speed of Scottish football.

Unfortunately, he has gone backwards and no longer looks like the player he was. I doubt whether the Rangers support will give him time to improve his game, because as you know...Our fans are not noted for patience no matter who the player is.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jock was just a gentleman (tu)

I love that photograph of him looking absolutely knackered hoisted above his team mates with the Scottish Cup held aloft. He obviously had left everything on the pitch for the cause that day.

I would refuse to believe that Jock would have ever walked off a pitch not giving everything he had. I remember most of all those steely eyes of his that used to bore into you as if you had done something wrong, then he would smile and you went..."Phew!"

It will be interesting to see if Margaret still has that photo in her house.

If Ally has to slash £2 million from his wagebill, but 41 year old Weir has his £20,000 a week (rumours on FF that he's actually paid £20,000 per game, not week, but we'll ignore that for a moment) renewed, i will fucking despair of us

Thanks for the great service you've given us both on and off the pitch in the last few years Davie but unfortunately I think next season will be one too far for him. I'd love to see him here in a coaching role next season but he'll probably more likely want to do that with Everton and be closer to his family.

can see him going either way, we win the title and he can leave a hero. We lose it and he admits defeat and knows another season and it will just get worse. personally i see this as a "i could be a good player again next season, who wants to buy me?"

If Ally has to slash £2 million from his wagebill, but 41 year old Weir has his £20,000 a week (rumours on FF that he's actually paid £20,000 per game, not week, but we'll ignore that for a moment) renewed, i will fucking despair of us

£20,000 per game or week is outrageous!!! i thought the only reason he's stayed so long was down to him being a cheap option.