sdm

just heard a rumour

sdm will sell his shares for £1 so that as a last gesture to the club and fans the 6mill he was asking for will be put into the club to invest in the team this summer.

i heard it from a business advisor who i know. hes not a rangers or celtic fan. said he was at a business meal last nite and some of the guys were talking about the takeover and 1 was quite adament on this.

dnt shoot the messenger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, does sound feasible I suppose, but what would Murray's gain from it be?

Unless Whyte has tore him a new one in negotiations!!

maybe trying to win back some respect from the support he has let down the last few yrs.

I heard that mentioned in the take over thread. If true, then I will have a lot more respect back for David Murray as it would be a fine gesture.

have no clue if its true m8, just thought i would put it up.

would be a good move from murray and go a good way to restoring his reputations in the eyes of many supporters imo.

Given that he has left us £20m in debt he would have a bloody cheek seeking some recompense for his shares.

His mess,he caused it not once but twice and the sooner that Charlatan is gone from OUR club the better.

just heard a rumour

sdm will sell his shares for £1 so that as a last gesture to the club and fans the 6mill he was asking for will be put into the club to invest in the team this summer.

i heard it from a business advisor who i know. hes not a rangers or celtic fan. said he was at a business meal last nite and some of the guys were talking about the takeover and 1 was quite adament on this.

dnt shoot the messenger

Well if true, I hope that this isn't why the transfer budget this summer is 10M, but is added to this 10M.

Explain this to me please.

ok i was in greggs getting lunch and a guy i know(not closely) came in. he works in the business part of a bank(think its rbs).

i mentioned the takeover to him and about how its finally done it seems. he then said" he was at a businee dinner last night with a few of the banks clients, they were talking about the takeover. 1 of the clients at the dinner was pretty adament that sdm was selling his shares to mr whyte for £1 instead of the 6mill he was going to get out of the deal. he is selling his shares for £1 so that the 6million he was to get can be put into the war chest to rebuild the team this summer(so the pot is bigger i take it).

the reason he has decided to do this is to be a final gesture to the club and support.

the guy that told me is a falkirk fan so dnt believe he has any reason to make it up. however the guy at last nights meal could be talking utter shit for all i he knows.

Well if true, I hope that this isn't why the transfer budget this summer is 10M, but is added to this 10M.

tbh no1 knows what the transfer budget will be, its all paper talk that has said 10mil.

supposedly when smith and bain met whyte. walter said that ally will need between 15-20mill to build the kind of team/squad that rangers should have.

ok i was in greggs getting lunch and a guy i know(not closely) came in. he works in the business part of a bank(think its rbs).

i mentioned the takeover to him and about how its finally done it seems. he then said" he was at a businee dinner last night with a few of the banks clients, they were talking about the takeover. 1 of the clients at the dinner was pretty adament that sdm was selling his shares to mr whyte for £1 instead of the 6mill he was going to get out of the deal. he is selling his shares for £1 so that the 6million he was to get can be put into the war chest to rebuild the team this summer(so the pot is bigger i take it).

the reason he has decided to do this is to be a final gesture to the club and support.

the guy that told me is a falkirk fan so dnt believe he has any reason to make it up. however the guy at last nights meal could be talking utter shit for all i he knows.

So he's selling the club for a quid and not 6 million?

Its a strange one in my opinion. People are moaning that hes left us in 20 million debt but in fact when he actually leaves, The club will be left debt FREE & he has made sure who ever buys the club invests in it. Don't get me wrong I'm not a David Murray lover but its not the worst position to be when the deal is finally concluded. If he has indeed wavered his 6million for further investment into the squad in the close season it makes the deal even sweeter and in an even better position.

But to which when is the champions league/uefa pay outs due & how much do they amount too?

Its a strange one in my opinion. People are moaning that hes left us in 20 million debt but in fact when he actually leaves, The club will be left debt FREE & he has made sure who ever buys the club invests in it. Don't get me wrong I'm not a David Murray lover but its not the worst position to be when the deal is finally concluded. If he has indeed wavered his 6million for further investment into the squad in the close season it makes the deal even sweeter and in an even better position.

But to which when is the champions league/uefa pay outs due & how much do they amount too?

exactly m8, he will have left the club debt free and with money to spend.

considering this we will be 1 of the best financially situated in europe as 99% of clubs are in debt. yes he got us into this mess but imo he is also getting us out of it and its about time we as a support realised this. personally i am a sdm supporter.

Could it be that the "extra investment" from Mr Whyte to get this past the sub-committee has been a deal brockered between Murray and Whyte then??

Could it be that the "extra investment" from Mr Whyte to get this past the sub-committee has been a deal brockered between Murray and Whyte then??

if he is getting only £1 for his shares, then imo that can be the only conclusion.

I heard that mentioned in the take over thread. If true, then I will have a lot more respect back for David Murray as it would be a fine gesture.

Am I just stupid or can I not see the takeover thread?

Or both? :craphead: