Rangers statement

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I’d doff my cap again to the club for being leaders where and when it matters.

I’m amazed that many don’t appear to be able (willing?) to see the wider implications resulting from last nights events. The mass media today has been awash with comment about ‘Scotlands problem’. It seems doubly appropriate that The Rangers condemn the actions and place the club on a footing where said condemnations are unequivocally opposed to this unfolding madness.

Why now though and why a release on the club website. i have no objection to smith condemning it at fridays press conference or something of that ilk but i feel we are associating ourselves with this when it's not clear why now. If there is more bnews to come on these guys that have been arrested i will change my view.

he will have been asked to comment god knows why he did though

Come on, this isn't rocket science: Martin Bain does not get asked anything by random reporters. He will, certainly should have, a network who call him and he speaks to off the record all the time; this 'bombarded' nonsense is exactly that. Rangers issued this Statement first thing this morning, and before anyone else. Yes, condemn it, but so early, and before the clubs involved?

Bain should (could) have made a simple statement along the lines of:

"Rangers Football Club condemns utterly the actions of the Hearts supporter last night at Tynecastle and such violence has no place in football - which is why we also condemn Celtic manager Neil Lennon for having a kick at the guy whilst he was being detained by security and others. This after-the-fact type of attack by Lennon needs to be kicked out of Scottish football, as does the sectarian anti-Protestant and discriminatory singing and chanting in support of terrorist organisations such as the IRA need to be eradicated from our football grounds.

It is hoped that the full force of the Law comes down on those responsible and a full enquiry should be launched by the SPL, the SFA and UEFA as to why officers of the Lothian & borders Police didn't charge in and arrest many of those singing these vile songs.

As for Mr Lennon, I'm sure that Sky Sports can provide the Lothian & Borders Procurator Fiscal Office sufficient evidence of his attack on the defenseless individual (who was under restraint at the time) to prosecute him if so desired."

Message ends.

No mention of "Old Firm" or "Scotland's secret shame" or any number of coded words.

This is an Hearts/Nonce FC matter - fuck all to do with us.

End of.

Why now though and why a release on the club website. i have no objection to smith condemning it at fridays press conference or something of that ilk but i feel we are associating ourselves with this when it's not clear why now. If there is more bnews to come on these guys that have been arrested i will change my view.

Because it’s todays news - not tomorrows is my guess. In this modern world - where action and reaction is a 24/7 rolling circus - it’s important to be seen to do as much as it seems to be what you do.

Bain should (could) have made a simple statement along the lines of:

"Rangers Football Club condemns utterly the actions of the Hearts supporter last night at Tynecastle and such violence has no place in football - which is why we also condemn Celtic manager Neil Lennon for having a kick at the guy whilst he was being detained by security and others. This after-the-fact type of attack by Lennon needs to be kicked out of Scottish football, as does the sectarian anti-Protestant and discriminatory singing and chanting in support of terrorist organisations such as the IRA need to be eradicated from our football grounds.

It is hoped that the full force of the Law comes down on those responsible and a full enquiry should be launched by the SPL, the SFA and UEFA as to why officers of the Lothian & borders Police didn't charge in and arrest many of those singing these vile songs.

As for Mr Lennon, I'm sure that Sky Sports can provide the Lothian & Borders Procurator Fiscal Office sufficient evidence of his attack on the defenseless individual (who was under restraint at the time) to prosecute him if so desired."

Message ends.

No mention of "Old Firm" or "Scotland's secret shame" or any number of coded words.

This is an Hearts/Nonce FC matter - fuck all to do with us.

End of.

I like it :craphead:

I'm worried that all this bollocks going on with Lennon will take the shine off our fantastic comeback that could see us win the league on Sunday, it all comes down to Football and we're soon to be crowned champions again, we deserve recognition.

I'm worried that all this bollocks going on with Lennon will take the shine off our fantastic comeback that could see us win the league on Sunday, it all comes down to Football and we're soon to be crowned champions again, we deserve recognition.

Tell you what Gaz. I don't give a fuck about recognition from anyone. We win it on Sunday and it's all about us in my eyes and my friends, family and fellow bears. The rest can smc

Tell you what Gaz. I don't give a fuck about recognition from anyone. We win it on Sunday and it's all about us in my eyes and my friends, family and fellow bears. The rest can smc

Yes!

:D

Yeah why oh why should the biggest club in Scotland condemn an act that did nothing but shame Scottish football??? (sarcasm by the way - just in case this was overly subtle)

Fact is the whole thing is way beyond the limits of reasonable retribution for being an annoying ginge - anyone on here that laps up bombs being sent through the post are idiots.

What if one of these bombs actually made it to Lennons house and his kid.....u get the drift. Yet 'its pure dead brilliant isnt it'???

Yes this incident had feck all to do with Rangers - but remember our club is constantly working on breaking down the sectarian barriers between the clubs and the support - a pointless endeavour im sure because of the before said idiots.

So damn right our club should condemn it and support the ginge - i do too.

Dont think im on my own thinking this - its just most wont say because of the backlash im no doubt gonna receive here.

I have the Rangers badge tattooed on my chest for anyone that wants to question my loyalties - its just i can say all this as Im a decent human being.

Well said.

In defense of Rangers maybe they got wind of them officially call us Scotlands shame and it was a preemptive strike

The thing is I dont know why someone is called Scotlands shame because the dislike the most antagonistic unprofessional aggressive manager the spl has ever had the misfortune to witness.

Is he hinting at his country of origin and religion thats funny cause I have nothing but respect for Martin O'Neil.

Im confused.

Get a grip of yourselves.

What the hell is wrong if us, as a club, condoning acts of violence and terrorism? That's what it is pure and simple. The act of sending a bomb through the post is an act of terrorism. What is wrong with our club showing a little humanity and compassion? How does that make us look guilty?

I dont like Neil Lennon, I didnt like him as a player, I dont like him as a manager. He is an arrogant twat who gets right on my fucking tits. I do however having nothing but respect for him putting up with the continued shit that some fucking bampots feels he deserves to have flung at him.

These people are Scotland's Shame NOT our club.

Published on 12 May 2011

richard wilson

NEIL LENNON was always likely to be the central figure here, but not in this way, not as the victim of an attempted assault.

The game had become an untroubled occasion for Celtic, with Gary Hooper’s second goal emphasising their control, and the Parkhead manager barely even celebrated the strike. But then a lone supporter ran out from the stand next to the Celtic dugout and reached Lennon just as he was hauled down by Alan Thompson, before stewards arrived.

Lennon landed several kicks on the grounded man before he was dragged back by Thompson and Johan Mjallby. Once the police hauled the assailant away, and some kind of order returned on the field, what suddenly reared around Tynecastle was a vicious intensity.

In the directors box, three individuals were singled out by stewards, and reacted with fury before then approaching Dr John Reid, the Celtic chairman, to smooth out whatever the disturbance had been.

Then in the away end, Celtic fans began to fight with police and stewards as some were pulled from of their seats and dragged out of one of the exits. It prompted a fierce, almost visceral chant in support of the IRA, which in turn caused a tumult around the stadium. There had been similar chants earlier, with the home fans responding by singing The Billy Boys, but that dark edge had diminished.

Now it returned, full of vengeance and aggression, and it seemed once more that what was taking place on the field bore no relation to what was happening around it. A flare was let off during the commotion and it was only by the time the green smoke had carried off into the dark sky that some of the fury dissipated, too. It had been nasty, but also short-lived.

On the football side of things, I do not think I have ever witnessed a more inept display from a professional team as that shown by hearts last night, truly the worst performance I have ever had the misfortune to waste sky money on.

"As that shown by hearts last night, truly the worst performance I have ever had the misfortune to waste sky money on."

Ah, but they were only doing what wee Neilly Manchild had asked them and all the clubs to do - try like fuck against The Rangers and, er......well.........you said it yourself.

Published on 12 May 2011

richard wilson

NEIL LENNON was always likely to be the central figure here, but not in this way, not as the victim of an attempted assault.

The game had become an untroubled occasion for Celtic, with Gary Hooper’s second goal emphasising their control, and the Parkhead manager barely even celebrated the strike. But then a lone supporter ran out from the stand next to the Celtic dugout and reached Lennon just as he was hauled down by Alan Thompson, before stewards arrived.

Lennon landed several kicks on the grounded man before he was dragged back by Thompson and Johan Mjallby. Once the police hauled the assailant away, and some kind of order returned on the field, what suddenly reared around Tynecastle was a vicious intensity.

In the directors box, three individuals were singled out by stewards, and reacted with fury before then approaching Dr John Reid, the Celtic chairman, to smooth out whatever the disturbance had been.

Then in the away end, Celtic fans began to fight with police and stewards as some were pulled from of their seats and dragged out of one of the exits. It prompted a fierce, almost visceral chant in support of the IRA, which in turn caused a tumult around the stadium. There had been similar chants earlier, with the home fans responding by singing The Billy Boys, but that dark edge had diminished.

Now it returned, full of vengeance and aggression, and it seemed once more that what was taking place on the field bore no relation to what was happening around it. A flare was let off during the commotion and it was only by the time the green smoke had carried off into the dark sky that some of the fury dissipated, too. It had been nasty, but also short-lived.

On the football side of things, I do not think I have ever witnessed a more inept display from a professional team as that shown by hearts last night, truly the worst performance I have ever had the misfortune to waste sky money on.

Which paper is that in?