Gregg Wylde > Vladimir Weiss

simon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More direct, faster, better end product. Just better.

Both are inconsistent and have a lot to learn and I am a fan of them both but Wylde is better.

Would like too see both here next season, both wont always be on there best game so will need to change it up a little, already happened a few times with Wylde. He gets stuck sometimes and then thats when you want Weiss but i agree, i think Weiss has more talent but Wylde is a better winger IMO, Has better attributes.

I just hope we fans have a little patience and give him time.He makes a genuine difference to us when he plays but undestandably he is inconsistent.His pass to Naismith today for his goal was really good.

wot about both on either wing

Then where would Naismith fit in ? but thats a good thing, you need a team which will have players fighting for every position, no point in having just one player for one place.

Disagree I'm afraid

Vladimir is far superior technically, and on his day unplayable

Both have great potential but

I agree, on his day his abilities are far better, but as a LW, i think Wylde is better. I think Weiss is better when he has a free role.

I am not comparing them in the same position. I mean as wingers.

I would like to see assists stats. Wylde has been magnificent in the run in for assists.

For me Wylde is the better player. Tricks and flicks are nice to watch but the end product is what matters and Wylde has that where Weiss struggles.

More direct, faster, better end product. Just better.

Both are inconsistent and have a lot to learn and I am a fan of them both but Wylde is better.

If Weiss had the more consistent quality of delivey Wylde had shown (NOT THAT ITS ALWAYS BRILLIANT, he just does it more than we Vlad imo) we might not even have a sniff at signing him on loan never mind permanently.

Wylde seems to be getting a bit of a raw deal from people.

He's got a bit to learn, but he's already rapid, he can produce excellent crosses and he adds a balance to the midfield that has been missing for far too long.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops over the next couple of years.

Bold statement. I think its not fair to judge weiss getting played on the LW. He can actually score goals and can still deliver a good ball on his right foot from the LW (just look at the kilmarnock game at ibrox) wylde just seems to have pace and a delivery to his game. Really cant do anything on his right foot in the slightest. Weiss however is far superior technically , better finisher , more skills etc.

Fuck knows man i guess its upto the manager and what he wants in the team. Thats just my personal opinion :sherlock::D

Weiss = more skilful and more technical but over dribbles and losing possession more often. Often brilliant however..

Wylde = more consistent (than Weiss) and greater end product.. That whipped cross is fantastic..

I would like to see assists stats. Wylde has been magnificent in the run in for assists.

For me Wylde is the better player. Tricks and flicks are nice to watch but the end product is what matters and Wylde has that where Weiss struggles.

Wylde has 4 assists from 8 starts and 6 subs. Pretty good.

Weiss has 9 assists from 17 starts and 6 subs. Pretty good too!

Weiss 17 starts 9 assists 5 goals

Wylde 8 starts 4 assists 0 goals

Just league game stats

Would agree though Wylde is better as an out n out winger

To have both would be epic, That way we would have the opportunity of a 4-2-3-1 rather than the old-fashioned (but effective, dont get me wrong) 4-4-2's and 4-5-1's.

It'd be great to see us in europe playing with an attack minded 4-4-2, and then suddenly taking off a striker to leave us with the following attack :D

:jelavic:

:wylde: :weiss:

:Naismith:

Wylde has 4 assists from 8 starts and 6 subs. Pretty good.

Weiss has 9 assists from 17 starts and 6 subs. Pretty good too!

Probably impossible to do or too tedious, but I'd love to see stats of deliveries that can be classed as quality; and resulted in a chance - converted or not.

Wouldnt count corners and freekicks though. Dont think anyones been better on set plays for us this season.

I should add that my point is I think Wylde has added a real threat from the left that wasnt there before imo. As well as the balance and athleticism he brings.