***The Suggestions Thread***

GHarvey

Is Eidur Gudjohnsen not available on a free? Would still tear up the SPL IMO.

We couldn't match his wage demands last summer. He's past his best anyway. However I do think we missed a turn when we didn't bring in the young CB Yohan Benalouane. He's playing in Serie A now.

How about John Pantsil from Fulham , give Sasa a wee bit of competition and is also available on a free , shouldn't command too much in the way of wages etc although he hasn't played since February when he lost his place in the Fulham side

How about John Pantsil from Fulham , give Sasa a wee bit of competition and is also available on a free , shouldn't command too much in the way of wages etc although he hasn't played since February when he lost his place in the Fulham side

Not that bad a player tbh, but a few points -

He lost his place in the Fulham team for becoming a bomb scare and scoring OGs.

He prays on the pitch before every match.

He's a clown, joker (not always a bad thing I know).

He fears for his life because of death threats and he can't go back to Ghana (neither can his family).

So, no thanks....

Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill have both been released by Galatasaray. I wouldn't take either tho. Huge wages and past it. Neill would be decent on a low wage tho.

They have also released Barış Özbek, who is a fairly young CM. Could be a decent signing. Ex Germany U21. Quite versatile, great work rate and tough tackling. Made 70 odd appearances in last 4 years and was good for me on FM. :craphead:

Worth a punt?

Just seen he is having a medical at hamburg ahead of a proposed 1.75 million pound move. Think at that price he is a player we should have been looking at,young with potential and a re-sale value,just like Bartley. We could do worse that look at players who aren't getting a look at at the big clubs in the epl,a few bargains have been found in recent years,such as taraabt and Scott Sinclair.anyone else agree??? Sign a few of these guys and mix them with the best young Scottish talent,like ness wylde and hopefully goodwillie!

Just seen this on the sky sports app. They are saying it's a £3m deal.

He said "hamburg play infront of 50,000 every home game" so do we. Also the lure of champions league football could have tempted hin aswell

Hamburg will have alot more money to offer i'd imagine.

I wouldn't mind seeing him here tbh. In my opinion tho he will struggle at Hamburg. While he has great potential, I don't know if Hamburg would be the best place to fulfill it. I was never 100% convinced by him at Wolves.

I think he could be too big a club at this stage of his career. He might have been better off spending another season in the lower prem.

hes going to hamburg, pointless thread

Wasn't necessarily saying we should make a move for him,just pointing out he is the type of signing I'd like to see us make, along the same lines of taraabt and Sinclair,a year ago we could have got them,12 months later and we can only dream of being able to afford them

I think we are looking at the same situation as last summer guys. Obvioulsy we're a little less constrained by finances, but I think Ally will wait until nearer the time the EPL sides announce their 25 man squads before doing any serious business. Thats where a lot of loan signings could take place.

Patience will have to be the key Im afraid.