New sectarian laws for Scotland

Guest Andypendek

It's disappointing to see the usual suspects express outrage at this, as if there has been an announcement that Protestantism will be outlawed tomorrow.

Shouting abuse about religion at football is not allowed anymore.

This is a good thing.

Taking down corrupt religions is allowed.

This is also a good thing.

Some of you prefer living in a country where verbal abuse can easily escalate in violence, and where communities are seperated. Now, there's a certain other area of educational life that needs addressing on that subject, but it's one with nothing to do with football. Some of you see this as an SNP outrage against Rangers Football Club, but as per usual you've not only got hold of the wrong end of the stick but have proceeded to relentlessly beat yourself about the head with it.

Scots society won't tolerate drink driving anymore; nor jokes about niggers or pakis. Quasi-religion at the fitba is next, I hope very much that far more substantive issues such as homophobia or alcohol abuse are next in line. That this is not the most vital issue to most of us doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed, and it's no coincidence it took an SNP govt. to deal with it, rather than the 'lets keep the pot boiling' attitude of Lhabour, ensuring a nice tidy bloc of 'oppressed' voters for them.

Regardless of how thin the reality behind this issue is, as an image of Scotland seen across the world it has been horrific, and 'something' had to be seen to be done. Sounds like a poor law in response to a poor situation, but from it (at the very least) ought to come the extermination of pretendy religion at Ibrox and Parkhead and that, also, is a good thing.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

"Some of you prefer living in a country where verbal abuse can easily escalate in violence, and where communities are separated."

No - some of us prefer living in a country where the playing field is level and if you think this legislation will provide that level playing field then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Go ahead - you keep running and they'll keep chasing.

I was going to say "you'll give up before they do" but you've already given up. :disappointment:

Quote:

"Some of you prefer living in a country where verbal abuse can easily escalate in violence, and where communities are separated."

No - some of us prefer living in a country where the playing field is level and if you think this legislation will provide that level playing field then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Go ahead - you keep running and they'll keep chasing.

I was going to say "you'll give up before they do" but you've already given up. :disappointment:

(tu) That's all we ever wanted.....fair and equal treatment.

Five years in the slammer for a bit of football banter yet the RC church continues to discriminate against teachers by denying non RC's the chance of promotion in their state funded schools.

This affects thousands of good honest people who have qualified to teach yet see their promotion prospects narrowed as a large section of the job Market is closed to them.

This is real sectarianism in action

I'm sure Roseanna Cunningham will be on the case soon

no one will ever get 5 yrs unless it involves serious violence with the mix, and who cares about the cunningham wifey being given her post, everything will still have to go through a court of law, 5 yrs, i actually think the majority of you believe 5 yrs will be the case

It's disappointing to see the usual suspects express outrage at this, as if there has been an announcement that Protestantism will be outlawed tomorrow.

Shouting abuse about religion at football is not allowed anymore.

This is a good thing.

Taking down corrupt religions is allowed.

This is also a good thing.

Some of you prefer living in a country where verbal abuse can easily escalate in violence, and where communities are seperated. Now, there's a certain other area of educational life that needs addressing on that subject, but it's one with nothing to do with football. Some of you see this as an SNP outrage against Rangers Football Club, but as per usual you've not only got hold of the wrong end of the stick but have proceeded to relentlessly beat yourself about the head with it.

Scots society won't tolerate drink driving anymore; nor jokes about niggers or pakis. Quasi-religion at the fitba is next, I hope very much that far more substantive issues such as homophobia or alcohol abuse are next in line. That this is not the most vital issue to most of us doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed, and it's no coincidence it took an SNP govt. to deal with it, rather than the 'lets keep the pot boiling' attitude of Lhabour, ensuring a nice tidy bloc of 'oppressed' voters for them.

Regardless of how thin the reality behind this issue is, as an image of Scotland seen across the world it has been horrific, and 'something' had to be seen to be done. Sounds like a poor law in response to a poor situation, but from it (at the very least) ought to come the extermination of pretendy religion at Ibrox and Parkhead and that, also, is a good thing.

Well don't say you were not warned. I fear for you sometimes, your kids will end up pickin cotton if you don't get a grip. ! :sherlock:

I guess freedom of expression means very little in modern PC Scotland. Welcome to 1984 and the 'Celtic' minded thought-police. This knee-jerk politics is really Scotland's shame not the trivia of football banter.