Sunderland 3.5mil Bougherra Bid Rejected?

Goianegra

OUF! That's an expression of exascerbation all Algerians use, and it certainly fits the legions of rumours floating around about Madjid Bougherra. And this latest post is just another. It is amazing to see how many people just love to gossip-especially when the one they gossip about is miles away in Spain hoping to get fit to play in the match between Algeria's Fennecs-for which Boughi is THE Defence-and Morocco's Atlas Lions on June 4th. (If you'll recall, Boughi got a nasty challenge from a Killie on the way to the Rangers' third in a row Championship Cup, one that has him still in pain.)

Facts trump rumours any day....and the facts are that Boughi has another year on his Rangers'contract, the Rangers want to keep him, and Boughi himself has made it clear that he will honor the contract, but is open to discussions about new challenges. (Everyone likes new challenges, so why should Boughi be any different?)

My suggestion to some of you is to ignore rumours and not to stir up hornet's nests. Boughi's challenges could well lie in the Champions League matches, ensuring the Rangers can retain the SPL Championship for a fourth time, and help our Fennecs to get to the 2012 African National Cup, not to mention his mewest duties with the UN as Ambassador for UNICEF.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no chance of him signing a new contract. He's already said that he'll stay for another year if he can't get a move, but he won't sign a new contract

I'd accept anything over £4 million but unless we got a £4 million bid, i'd keep here for the final year

Really? And throw 3ish million down the drain? Crazy! Also, bear in mind that we'd be losing him for a chunk of next season to the African Cup of Nations.

Really? And throw 3ish million down the drain? Crazy! Also, bear in mind that we'd be losing him for a chunk of next season to the African Cup of Nations.

Good point can also pick up more injuries, which suddenly become better when international duty strikes.

When thinking of a minimum acceptable price, I guess it makes sense to think about it in terms of how much we would be willing to pay to sign Bougherra for a year. If we reject any bid, then that is us losing out on that money whilst having Bougherra for a year, so it's the same thing as paying that money to buy him for a year. I would never pay £4m to sign Bougherra for a year so the idea of keeping him unless we receive £4m is a bit daft. If what we get is more around £1m then I'd think of keeping him.

I think the exact opposite

Underrated by people because they think he isn't committed enough

I totally agree. When a player makes noises about leaving then his performances and committment are immediately analysed and criticised.

This stat may not be 100% accurate but Davie Weir played 51 games in all competitions for Rangers this season. Bougherra played in 47 of them compared with 22 the previous season.

One of the best defenders in British Football but like a lot of Rangers players this season perhaps didn't hit the heights of previous seasons performances....but was still good enough for us to win the League.

Yes we may well get better than him if he chooses to go but i would have no complaints if he signed a 2 year extension as we know what we are getting.

I don't know how true this is but if there was no takeover and someone bid £3.5m for Bougherra then he would already be off.

Although a bid of £4m and I would be happy with that.

I'd sell for £3.5 Million. Thats a fair price for someone in the last year of their contract. We won't get much more than that I wouldn't think.

You never take the first offer its a water tester.

I totally agree. When a player makes noises about leaving then his performances and committment are immediately analysed and criticised.

This stat may not be 100% accurate but Davie Weir played 51 games in all competitions for Rangers this season. Bougherra played in 47 of them compared with 22 the previous season.

One of the best defenders in British Football but like a lot of Rangers players this season perhaps didn't hit the heights of previous seasons performances....but was still good enough for us to win the League.

Yes we may well get better than him if he chooses to go but i would have no complaints if he signed a 2 year extension as we know what we are getting.

Agreed.

Just ask Wayne Rooney how good Bougherra is, given the evidence of their last three encounters.