• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lafferty isnt on 18k a week :lol:

Dunno what to make of this tbh.

I have a good feeling about Whyte tho.

Boyd apparently left cos he was on £12k a week and didnae think it right that Laffs was on £18k a week.

Whatever he was on when he signed, he is still on. Despite the cut backs.

His salary can't be cut in the middle of a contract without his agreement, and as far as I'm aware he signed on for £3.75m and a salary of £18k per week, and he's not agreed to a cut in that salary.

Hey!! guys Spangles is back as mud is being thrown at the club. Now I am not one for conspiracy theories but????? :sherlock:

Fuck me! care in the community has escaped from its lunchbox... th_s1e5Mentalst.jpg

Where the fuck do these mentalists come from... :lol: :lol:

Bain and McIntyre are suspended for irregularities allegedly due to what is in their contracts under what their severance terms would be.

Johnston had said he would resign as Chairman on 16th May, not sure if that was also as an ordinary director. Couldn't see any of the four involved getting left on the Board after blocking Whyte then trying an alternative takeover. I would have thought that the Club may need Bain in place because of his knowledge of Scottish football administration. Perhaps there are others in the background who do much of the work. I would certainly keep McClelland because he has a very high position in UEFA.

john greig is staying i hear. which is sensible.

a total clear out of the rest was probably inevitable and not a bad thing really.

i have always been critical of muir for bringing nothing to the club but cuts. no new revenues no fresh ideas. but none of the rest have done that either.

other than aj getting walter to stay they havent contributed much. while i am sure its been very difficult at rangers with first sdm running the show then lloyds/muir i see no reason to keep them.

i always said bain was a clown but if hes been at the financial madam he should be strung up.

Old habits die hard..... :lol:

New Rangers owner Craig Whyte has axed chairman Alastair Johnston and director Paul Murray after they refused to resign from the Ibrox board.

And as he exerts full control over the club he bought earlier this month in a £52.5million deal, chief executive Martin Bain, finance director Donald McIntyre and director Dave King are also on their way out of the club.

Bain and McIntyre have been suspended on full pay as an internal enquiry is launched into contractual issues, believed to include on what terms any severance would be based on.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/power-rangers-1.1103230

boss has spent years telling us muir wasnt running the club. that lloyds werent running the club.

that we were no different to any other business budgets were set and overdrafts agreed etc.

well all those budgets were kept to and lots of money and trophies were won.

but now hes telling us the chairman who did that is useless.

so boss what is it. was muir running the club like you denied time and again.

well the board did take us to an unsustainable level of debt did they not?

and if stories are believed they took votes on administration and taking the debt to 50million instead of living within our means

the fact that we were relying on champions league money for 2 years on the bounce to fill a black hole in the accounts doesnt make the board look too good either

on the outside it looks like the board took us into debt, and it took a man from Lloyds to come in and totally revamp our budgets to secure us financially, and even then muirs budgets (if he indeed set them) still relied on the chjampions league money for 2 years

imagine the banks werent so "positive" and decided we had to cut down a lot quicker and a lot heavier :anguish:

Bain's situation is a hard one.

Sometimes you think he's doing a great job, sometimes you think he's under-performing.

I do, however, think some of his main critics have no understanding of how our league and overall situation affected our players' valuations, as well as very little understanding of football business.

So is it just a dispute over how much they would be due if they where to get sacked? Why would they suspend them for that...

Maybe because they can't sack them yet

maybe the male model and mr mcintyre have been writing up their own severance deal in the past few weeks.a new owner should always get rid of the incompetents who overseen the biggest fuck up in rangers history

Bain's situation is a hard one.

Sometimes you think he's doing a great job, sometimes you think he's under-performing.

I do, however, think some of his main critics have no understanding of how our league and overall situation affected our players' valuations, as well as very little understanding of football business.

you have to admit though mate that some of the contracts handed out over the years have been mind-boggling

the likes of burke etc on 10k + a week, selling charlie adam for 500k :anguish: and other situations

plus as a board member he was part of the group that took us to unsustainable levels of debt 3 seasons ago

From the ET story, it looks like they were planning on getting rid of Bain and co. As part of that process they needed to assess how much it would cost (e.g. severance) and didn't like what they saw when reviewing the paperwork.