Craig Whyte Statement

RANGERS' majority shareholder Craig Whyte today issued the following statement regarding changes to the board at Rangers FC:

"It is a huge privilege and honour to have become the majority shareholder at Rangers Football Club.

New owner Craig Whyte at Ibrox"My commitment to take the Club forward is unwavering and like all Rangers supporters I want to build on the tremendous success achieved by the team in recent years.

"It is not uncommon to bring fresh thinking to an organisation in an effort to deliver greater success and that is the fundamental reason that changes have been made to the composition of the Board.

"Further Board appointments will be announced in due course. It would be inappropriate for me to comment on the suspensions of the Chief Executive and Finance Director at this time.

"I have been disappointed by some comments regarding the takeover made by former Board members who are clearly reluctant to embrace change.

"I believe most Rangers supporters understand that, as a result of the takeover, the Club's debt to the Lloyds Banking Group has been cleared and I have repeatedly stated to the Board my intentions to invest in the team.

"I have had discussions with Ally McCoist regarding his ambition to secure players already playing for the Club and also to bring new faces to the squad. These discussions will resume when Ally returns to Ibrox this week.

"These are exciting times for Rangers and the Club's supporters. This past season's achievements were truly great and I am determined to continue that success for Rangers and our supporters around the world."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110525/craig-whyte-statement_2254024_2366534?

Speaking well yet again. Craig Whyte loyal :21:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The clubs debt to Lloyds has been cleared but what dop we owe Wavetower...The rangers football club ...liberty capital...that's what i want to know...

<cr>

change had to come I agree with Whyte on that , he should have handled the Bain and Mcintyre situation better though.....

Sort of half expected this in response to the AJ challenge to walk the walk.He is very publicly committed now to investment and I expect to hear about the funds being released to Ally in the next week or so or new arrivals or renewed contracts as part of his walk the walk.

Speaking well yet again. Craig Whyte loyal :21:

I like this but he should have signed off.

No Surrender.

No doubt soon to be ripped apart by the fenian hordes who post here as Rangers supporters.

I too understand that the club's debt to Lloyds Banking Group has been cleared. I'm just not sure who we owe it to now, if we do.

As for player investment, we shall see what the next few weeks brings.

The clubs debt to Lloyds has been cleared but what dop we owe Wavetower...The rangers football club ...liberty capital...that's what i want to know...

<cr>

change had to come I agree with Whyte on that , he should have handled the Bain and Mcintyre situation better though.....

Can't agree with you at this stage, they have stuck the knife into him in so many occasions, and there still seems to be no let up. Whyte has went for the jugular from the start and wants a major cull of the board that seemed to have the intentions of ruining us.

<cr>

Me too.

And 100% agree on second part (tu)

<cr>

yes this summs it up for me.

Can't agree with you at this stage, they have stuck the knife into him in so many occasions, and there still seems to be no let up. Whyte has went for the jugular from the start and wants a major cull of the board that seemed to have the intentions of ruining us.

do you call taking 7 months to buy the club going for the jugular.... :lol:

No doubt soon to be ripped apart by the fenian hordes who post here as Rangers supporters.

It really is fucking amazing the amount of doubt-sowing the fhuds attempt on here.

Nae dough = three in a row and obviously that must hurt like a razor slicing testicles before salt is applied to the whound.

Good statement. Clearly written for Whyte by his people. But good statement nevertheless.

Really ?

Do you not want conformation on the debt situation or are you happy to wait and hope it is included in the shareholders information (if it is i will be happy to congratulate the man and start to reassess my opinion).

at least the debt will be owed to our owner, hopefully he wont be as tough in his efforts to get it back

hopefully he has it down as a 54 year loan interest free :lol:

It really is fucking amazing the amount of doubt-sowing the fhuds attempt on here.

Nae dough = three in a row and obviously that must hurt like a razor slicing testicles before salt is applied to the whound.

Its getting worse even posters you know are bears are being affected and questioning every detail.

I thought we would give Whyte time and then if it didn't pan out we could criticise but seems he's not even been allowed that.

Its getting worse even posters you know are bears are being affected and questioning every detail.

I thought we would give Whyte time and then if it didn't pan out we could criticise but seems he's not even been allowed that.

There are tragic folk in this world who's glass is not only half empty, but was filled with pish in the first place.

The I and other mods should make it our main focus to identify said smelly tarrier hordes and rip them a new arse (internetally speaking :rolleyes: ) before banning them to the big bad fire.

Report any and all you believe to be tarrier filth. :sherlock:

We are 100% right to question every deal and look for conformation.

The debt ownership is hardly a small detail. He is boasting of clearing the debt with Lloyds but i have never seen conformation that Rangers no longer have any debt, when he says that he will get my gratitude and congratulations.