Craig Whyte Statement

No. So long as the club/team continue to perform.

I dont really see why people are grumbling then. We were paying interest aswell as an agreed fee to Lloyds, so if a new owner comes in and clears that and we pay back interest free, aslong as the team keep making profits and players who leave are replaced i have no problem with that!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you peruse other sites all you see is supposed celtic supporters and all they talk about is us.

Jealousy can be a curse.

Before the takeover happened when googling Craig Whyte the 1st couple of pages at least where full of hits for Celtic sites talking about him lol

I dont really see why people are grumbling then. We were paying interest aswell as an agreed fee to Lloyds, so if a new owner comes in and clears that and we pay back interest free, aslong as the team keep making profits and players who leave are replaced i have no problem with that!

Most of us don't have a problem with it.

It's just the doubters.

They're probably the same with everyday issues - it's life unfortunately for some.

Why is everyone so bothered if we owe Whyte the money ( or his company`s) ?

no one seems to be bothered the scum owe D.Desmond £20Million + or is it they seem to think

he will just give them £20Million. ( not a chance )

Desmond dies tomorrow and they would owe his estate £20Million now.

They owe him more than we owe Whyte yet everyone is on our case !

Give Whyte a chance.

The obligation to waive the debt in the foreseeable future has already been announced to the PLUS Market.

And I would be amazed if there wasn't a restriction in the deal documentation on Wavetower calling in that debt prior to said date in the foreseeable future.

Most of us don't have a problem with it.

It's just the doubters.

They're probably the same with everyday issues - it's life unfortunately for some.

Surely though unless it was a mega rich Arab who came in surely any new owner would have put the money in expecting to recoup their losses? I thought thats how businessmen worked?

Surely though unless it was a mega rich Arab who came in surely any new owner would have put the money in expecting to recoup their losses? I thought thats how businessmen worked?

As I've said in an earlier post, if someone came in next year and offered Craig Whyte 50mil for the Rangers, he'd be within his rights tae take back whatever he has put in.

Hell he'd even be bang tae rights if he demanded a wee profit, or interest oan his cash.

You might recall that at one point during the last number of weeks, the £6m price was reported (by Tom English inter alia, so it will be from SDM) to have been reduced to £3.2m i.e. by the £2.8m 'new' tax bill.

Then again, you might not even be able to recall this morning... :craphead:

I'm deeply hurt - indeed - I resemble that remark. :disappointment:

Right someone able to tell me if this is possible.

If Rangers made 9 million pound pure profit (just a random figure here) and CW decided he wants to regain the 18 million of his own money put in and started taking 1 or 2 million pounds a year to clear the debt to him so to speak, is it really a bad thing?

Yes IMO it is,whyte put his money into us knowing full well it was very unlikely he would get it back. He also has stated he would want to put as much money as possible towards the team.

IMO any profits that are made should be split in two, some should be put aside for the day to day running of the club. Some should also be put into Rangers accounts for the future, u never know whats round the corner. IMO of course

What what I've 'heard' from Whyte, I like him. He persevered throughout the takeover. it could not have been easy and he could have easily walked away. Clearly, other than prestige and some 'free marketing' for him, there isn;t exactly a fortune to be made owning The Rangers. One must be a devoted supporter to sink that kind of money into an SPL club.

So... getting rid of a few on the board that were less than supportive makes sense. Shaking up the board in any event in normal. It's early days, but he seems like a guy that knows what the wants and is willing to put his money on the line to get it.

The ultimate measure of him though, will be success on the pitch. We will see what his ambition is this summer I'm sure. He didn't go through all of this to disappoint the support, or himself.

Smart guy I reckon.

(tu)

Mate, it reads that the debt will be owed to Wavetower and then waived (i.e. written off) in the foreseeable future. Rangers won't have to pay it back.

However, if Wavetower sells to a third party its shares will be worth more (as the club doesn't have circa £20m of bank debt).

Wavetower would make that money back from the purchaser, not the club.

Yes IMO it is,whyte put his money into us knowing full well it was very unlikely he would get it back. He also has stated he would want to put as much money as possible towards the team.

IMO any profits that are made should be split in two, some should be put aside for the day to day running of the club. Some should also be put into Rangers accounts for the future, u never know whats round the corner. IMO of course

How do you know?

Mate, it reads that the debt will be owed to Wavetower and then waived (i.e. written off) in the foreseeable future. Rangers won't have to pay it back.

However, if Wavetower sells to a third party its shares will be worth more (as the club doesn't have circa £20m of bank debt).

Wavetower would make that money back from the purchaser, not the club.

Right mate thanks for that. That was in the simplest terms possible and even I understand it (tu)

I see the normal suspects are in here trying to talk down everything and anything Whyte has to say.

They always give me the impresstion they would prefer Rangers to go bust rather than Rangers do well under Whyte.

But the best bit is if we spend some money and do well they will be back to being i love Rangers and love the way the club is.

under an obligation to waive this debt in the foreseeable future

I think you're on to plums on this one...

Under an obligation to whom and by whom :rolleyes: did Wavetower-goodbye transfer this "obligation" along with everything else to "the new Wavetower-goodbye" aka...The Rangers FC Group Ltd. Perhaps our leader out of the kindness of his heart has given us free gratis debt release, the sort of thing vulture capitalists do every day of the week :lol:

More importantly who does our debt now belong to, and what is the security covering that debt. I digress we are of course debt free.. ;)

For a deal with an overling pot to the sum of £1...lots of very loose ends need nailing down and double tied..

Why is everyone so bothered if we owe Whyte the money ( or his company`s) ?

no one seems to be bothered the scum owe D.Desmond £20Million + or is it they seem to think

he will just give them £20Million. ( not a chance )

Desmond dies tomorrow and they would owe his estate £20Million now.

They owe him more than we owe Whyte yet everyone is on our case !

Give Whyte a chance.

Celtic owe desmond nothing. there are no directors loans in there accounts.

Under an obligation to whom and by whom :rolleyes: did Wavetower-goodbye transfer this "obligation" along with everything else to "the new Wavetower-goodbye" aka...The Rangers FC Group Ltd. Perhaps our leader out of the kindness of his heart has given us free gratis debt release, the sort of thing vulture capitalists do every day of the week :lol:

More importantly who does our debt now belong to, and what is the security covering that debt. I digress we are of course debt free.. ;)

For a deal with an overling pot to the sum of £1...lots of very loose ends need nailing down and double tied..

I think we have all agreed that there are a lot of unknowns to the takeover but there were a lot of "knowns" previously where we were in deep manure, owed millions and the taxman was at the door for £2.7m. At least now we may have "unknowns" but for the time being debt is not a concern.

Spangles, your negativity threatens to seriously unhinge you. Let it go for at least a short while and retain whatever sanity you have left. You should write books because the sub-plots you see everywhere are without equal.

I doubt he will ever forgive poor darrell for going against muir. oh and calling him rab and contacts liars on radio clyde.

Probably doesn't forgive him for trying to pass off lies and agenda as fact on the day we won the title..

Rangers fan my arse....as i believe the saying is .... :D

Probably doesn't forgive him for trying to pass off lies and agenda as fact on the day we won the title..

Rangers fan my arse....as i believe the saying is .... :D

its been proven they weren't lies.

but each to his own. darrell himself admits his timing was stinking.

Spot on, i never had a problem with Sir David making money from his association with the club, plenty of others did. I have no problem with Craig whyte making money from the club either but it can't be to the clubs detriment