scottish players in the olympic GB team

Why?

If the pick the 23 best players then about 20 of them will be English. Possibly 2 from Scotland, 1 from Wales and 0 from N.I.

Mayaswell call it the English Olympic Team.

So we may aswell call Britain 'England' because the vast majority of the population are English? :rolleyes:

All British athletes at the Olympics should be there because they have the best chance of winning, not because of what part of Britain they are from.

3 out of 23 non-english players would be representative as the non-english countries of the UK make up about 15% of the population.

So we may aswell call Britain 'England' because the vast majority of the population are English? :rolleyes:

All British athletes at the Olympics should be there because they have the best chance of winning, not because of what part of Britain they are from.

3 out of 23 non-english players would be representative as the non-english countries of the UK make up about 15% of the population.

Fair enough mate. I'm not really bothered with International football anyway I just follow Rangers. Couldn't care less how Scotland do but I do think more people would support a British team and not just an English team.

There's patriotism and there's petty nationalism, and all I've ever heard/read in the GB football team debate is, regrettably, the latter.

Grow up.

All 4 Scottish association main fan groups agree to not have a Team GB.

There's patriotism and there's petty nationalism, and all I've ever heard/read in the GB football team debate is, regrettably, the latter.

Grow up.

Wow... two comments saying the same thing with no thought of the individual identities of the Home Nations in the eyes of FIFA.

Sorry mate... there is no 'thinly-veiled ignorance(?)' here... But I do have a love of the Scottish national team.

If you think that Mr Blatter and his cronies are truthful and pure when they say... 'No, no... don't be silly... this Team UK will have no bearing on the future of the Home Nations and the fact that we tolerate them having a vote for each association... we welcome team GB... in fact we would love to see this... blah blah blah...'

If you think FIFA could not suddenly try and destroy the national teams of the four oldest associations in world football to help themselves... sorry mate... but it is you who are ignorant.

Come on... seriously????

Look at the big picture... do you need to kneel in front of Lord Coe's London Mafia? Would you put all four Home Nations teams at risk for London's jolly...???????

Fuckin' hell... never mind growing up... try waking up first...

Wow... two comments saying the same thing with no thought of the individual identities of the Home Nations in the eyes of FIFA.

Sorry mate... there is no 'thinly-veiled ignorance(?)' here... But I do have a love of the Scottish national team.

If you think that Mr Blatter and his cronies are truthful and pure when they say... 'No, no... don't be silly... this Team UK will have no bearing on the future of the Home Nations and the fact that we tolerate them having a vote for each association... we welcome team GB... in fact we would love to see this... blah blah blah...'

If you think FIFA could not suddenly try and destroy the national teams of the four oldest associations in world football to help themselves... sorry mate... but it is you who are ignorant.

Come on... seriously????

Look at the big picture... do you need to kneel in front of Lord Coe's London Mafia? Would you put all four Home Nations teams at risk for London's jolly...???????

Fuckin' hell... never mind growing up... try waking up first...

It's already been promised that it won't affect our international football team in the future.

So again, as I said, I wish people would grow up.

It's already been promised that it won't affect our international football team in the future.

So again, as I said, I wish people would grow up.

You don't seem to get the lack of trust however.

The team will be dominated by english players and be something along the lines of...

-------------------Hart----------------

Richards----Smalling----Jones-----Gibbs

Young----Wilshire----Ramsey--------Bale

----------Carroll----Sturridge----------

Would they all go and play in it though? I can see half of them not wanting to be picked to play in it