*** Wimbledon 2011 Thread ***

Jordo

It was hilarious when the camera zoomed in on the umpire :lol:

Federer absolutely spanked him, though.

Going over half an hour without dropping a point on his serve :praise:

I found Mannarino's resemblance to Nadal very distracting.

I miss the late 90s/early 00s when Wimbledon was awash with big characters every year like Sampras, Agassi, Becker, Ivanisevic, Rafter, Phillippoussis etc. Now it's basically just weeding out all the riffraff(sp?) until Nadal plays Federer or Djokovic in the final. Even when Sampras won it every year, i found it more exciting than i do now. Or maybe i'm being too nostalgic

Out of those guys the only one I miss is Agassi. Maybe Becker at a stretch, and Ivanisevic for the romantic underdog comebacks.

Out of those guys the only one I miss is Agassi. Maybe Becker at a stretch, and Ivanisevic for the romantic underdog comebacks.

ivanisevic in 2001 was one of the most epic sports achievements ever!! what drama!!

Ah Tim... Poor Tim. He got a lot of stick for underachieving but he was a classy player.

I hated him, well maybe not him as such but the fans at wimbledon really fucked me off and i never wanted him to win! i think it made me uneasy at the time the thought of him winning it and i would always be delighted when he was knocked out much like i am with england at the world cup!!

i watch tennis with my mum usually she loves it when wimbledon on, she hates roger federer which i find odd? he's an unbelievably nice man who hasnt said anything bad ever but she hates him with a passion!

Ah Tim... Poor Tim. He got a lot of stick for underachieving but he was a classy player.

An underachieving one :pipe:

Caught some of the tennis lately. Serena is a fucking man, still.

Did anyone see any of the Fed stats about his serve at Wimbledon? Was in the Telegraph Sports section this morning.

Unbelievable.

I hated him, well maybe not him as such but the fans at wimbledon really fucked me off and i never wanted him to win! i think it made me uneasy at the time the thought of him winning it and i would always be delighted when he was knocked out much like i am with england at the world cup!!

i watch tennis with my mum usually she loves it when wimbledon on, she hates roger federer which i find odd? he's an unbelievably nice man who hasnt said anything bad ever but she hates him with a passion!

Yeah, I never supported him either. The whole Henmania thing was kind of absurd and embarrassing and probably harmed his chances in the end. I admired his actual playing style though. He was so English :lol: His tennis actually evoked the taste of strawberries and Pimms.

A lot of people seem to hate Federer, particularly on this forum. I can't understand it personally. Liked him since 2001, been in awe of him since 2003 and think he's probably the most polite, likeable sporting superstar not called Lionel Messi in the world right now.

An underachieving one :pipe:

Caught some of the tennis lately. Serena is a fucking man, still.

Did anyone see any of the Fed stats about his serve at Wimbledon? Was in the Telegraph Sports section this morning.

Unbelievable.

Serena is terrifying. Imagine having to face a woman whose body mass is 200% of your own and who hits 120mph serves...

Yeah, I never supported him either. The whole Henmania thing was kind of absurd and embarrassing and probably harmed his chances in the end. I admired his actual playing style though. He was so English :lol: His tennis actually evoked the taste of strawberries and Pimms.

A lot of people seem to hate Federer, particularly on this forum. I can't understand it personally. Liked him since 2001, been in awe of him since 2003 and think he's probably the most polite, likeable sporting superstar not called Lionel Messi in the world right now.

He is always so gracious about everything every opponent he plays he says that they were fantastic when he quite clearly was streets ahead of most of them, he is just a nice man i really hope to god he isnt a complete sex fiend otherwise i will lose faith in all sports persons, i already had to be let down by tiger woods and ryan giggs over the past couple years, it surely will be him next!!