Should Spl Clubs Ban..............

thebooler

Wasn't sure whether to put this in The Bears' Den or the Debating Chamber but it is directly linked to the Rangers so I've put it here. If the Mods feel it should be in the Debating Chamber, please feel free to move it.

So..............................a well known footballer has been found guilty of harassing 12 year old girls, and he somehow managed to keep his job.

Personally, I think this is unacceptable, and the SFA/SPL/Government should be stepping in here and doing something about this.

How can we have a registered sex offender entertaining people every week on the football fields of Scotland and further afield?

Should Rangers FC (and other SPL clubs) ban this guy from their stadiums?

How will parents feel about giving their kids £25 to pay to watch this guy on a football field?

How will you feel standing there watching this guy, having paid £25 for the priviledge?

Now we all make mistakes in our lives, and at times we can be guilty of bad misjudgement, and I've made as many as everyone else. But one thing I'd never expect to happen, is to keep my job after being registered on the sex offenders list.

Especially if my job involved entertaining people, including children, who have to pay for that priviledge.

How do others feel about this guy being allowed to strut his stuff at Ibrox Park, and other grounds around the country?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guy should be kicked out the game

absolutely disgusting, and on another note, lets see the treatment handed out to him by the fans of the beggars, seeing as they have their view that us mocking stein and torbett is morally wrong

I kinda thought this would be introduced to the debate. I never expected it in the first reply though!

Another thing I was thinking about regarding this guy is...........................will we be the big bad Rangers fans again when we sing about this guy being a sex offender?

To be honest, I really can't believe he got to keep his job as a people entertainer.

guy should be kicked out the game

absolutely disgusting, and on another note, lets see the treatment handed out to him by the fans of the beggars, seeing as they have their view that us mocking stein and torbett is morally wrong

any other occupation he would be sacked. bastard

All people put on the sex offenders list should not be allowed in to a football stadium with children present seeing as this is a family atmosphere. If they are a fan or a footballer. Craig Thomson should be no different.

First of all, my knowledge of this case is no more than the headlines so I'll deal with it as 'in general'.

I understand, and agree with, the sentiment, but where do the authorities/clubs draw the line with regard to which laws are ok to break? Unworkable, in my opinion.

Ofcourse they should. This guy doesn't deserve to lead the life of a footballer now, he deserves to be locked up.

Going by the backpage of the rhebel tomorrow, Jeffries isn't even going to pick him anyway (tu)

As a registered sex offender, doesn't he have to notify the police when he wll be near children I.e. Ball boys/girls.

I even wondered if he would be allowed within a certain distance, certainly his employment would be restricted to that which does not bring him into contact with minors.

Hearts should have taken the moral highground and sacked him, instead they have taken the financial low road where they feel they are protecting an investment which they can cash in on after a couple of years,

As a registered sex offender, doesn't he have to notify the police when he wll be near children I.e. Ball boys/girls.

I even wondered if he would be allowed within a certain distance, certainly his employment would be restricted to that which does not bring him into contact with minors.

Hearts should have taken the moral highground and sacked him, instead they have taken the financial low road where they feel they are protecting an investment which they can cash in on after a couple of years,

Was fuckin worried there until I read the next bit :lol: Thought we had RM`s very own Craig Thomson for a second.

The guy should be harassed and bombarded until he is forced to resign. Hearts have taken a terrible stance on this, and I highly doubt he will ever play for them again.

If he does, I hope whoever is against him, makes their own mark on the vermin.