Uefa Champions League

caseyjones

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Prytz and Jonas Thern played for both our clubs i believe

yes they did! both big heros in Malmö!

A pitty that Jonas son, now plays for our biggest rivals, Helsingborgs IF.

So Malmo were the Swedish champions last season, however currently not having a great season.

Sitting 8th in the table on 25 points after 16 games. Won less than 50% of their games.

Don't look like they score much only 16 goals in 16 games, but have lost only 18.

Very winnable tie and think we should progress.

not as easy as people think they average over 15,000 and can get around 25,000 for some games so outwith the old firm top anything in scotland not having a great season but are still swedish champions [have played in a european cup final] are the best supported team in sweden so don't be fooled....

not as easy as people think they average over 15,000 and can get around 25,000 for some games so outwith the old firm top anything in scotland not having a great season but are still swedish champions [have played in a european cup final] are the best supported team in sweden so don't be fooled....

I´ll take that as a compliment! =)

The main reason that we havent been as good this year as we were last, is first of all that our coach left in the beginning of the season, for FC Copenhagen ( also a hate-rival ).

This was rumoured in the media for about 2 months and absolutely got the players thinking about anything else exept the next game.

Especially when we had alot of players that was sitting on outgoing contracts, thinking, "well if he´s leaving, then why should i listen to what he has to say?", or even "why should I stay?`...

The secon big reason is that we have had alot of injuries on our best players, one of our last games we had a average age of 20 years on the pitch almost the whole game, but still won.

Our best playsers are coming back from injuries as we speak, and one of them is probably even gonna play against Torshavn on Tuesday, Jiloan Hamad, remember that name ;) nr.10

/M.

Generally have no idea what the size of their stadium has to do with how poor they have been this season?

Clubs in the English 1st and 2nd division get high crowds, would they massively trouble us?

Winning a European cup and having the best supported team again has nothing to do with their current footballers or staff.

Can't see the thinking behind this post at all.

well its not as if we have drawn a team who play in front of a couple of hundred people with no history at all just letting you know they are as big a club as we could have got at this stage personally could have had it a lot easier still very confident of progressing though

I'm well chuffed with this draw, it's looking really good fir us.

Malmo are pish

I wouldn't call them pish and they are half way through the season. Lost their manager and a few of their better players. Kaunas should never be forgotten, although I'd expect us to get past either Malmo or Torshavn.

Good draw for us!

Posted this elsewhere but here are the possible teams we can play in the next round should we progress.

Rosenborg BK

Partizan Belgrade

APOEL Nicosia

Wisla Kraków

Sturm Graz

Strum please :D

If and hopefully when we get thru... Anyone but Partizan Belgrade.

Can mind sitting in the Govan stand centre of the pitch about ten seats up when we played Red Star, what a team they were. Brilliant. Ever since then I've got the heebie jeebies at Euro draws for teams from Belgrade!

If and hopefully when we get thru... Anyone but Partizan Belgrade.

Can mind sitting in the Govan stand centre of the pitch about ten seats up when we played Red Star, what a team they were. Brilliant. Ever since then I've got the heebie jeebies at Euro draws for teams from Belgrade!

we have knocked both belgrade teams out since that game so that ghost has been buried :D

Posted this elsewhere but here are the possible teams we can play in the next round should we progress.

Rosenborg BK

Partizan Belgrade

APOEL Nicosia

Wisla Kraków

Sturm Graz

As discussed in the draw thread, these are only the relevant teams if all ties in the 3rd round go according to seedings. There is a reasonable chance that 2 or 3 of these teams won't make it, including Partizan and Rosenborg.

It is a fair indication of the level of potential opposition, though. (tu)

As discussed in the draw thread, these are only the relevant teams if all ties in the 3rd round go according to seedings. There is a reasonable chance that 2 or 3 of these teams won't make it, including Partizan and Rosenborg.

It is a fair indication of the level of potential opposition, though. (tu)

Hold on a minute here, why cant we be drawn against Benfica, Dynamo Kiev or Panathinaikos?