Emil Krafth

TheMotor

We have apparently expressed an interest in this young lad after having had him on trial last winter. My Swedish comprehension skills are limited but I'll try and do a better version than Google. Any passing Swedes please feel free to correct errors.

His club are in the second tier of Swedish football, so don't get too excited.

Emil Krafth is only 16 years old.

Although he is successful in Superettan (Swedish tier 2 league), he may now come to leave Öster for Scottish giants Glasgow Rangers.

Emil impressed in pre-season and has become the established right back in Östers Superettan campaign, starting 13 of 14 league games. But now he may be leaving the Växjö club (Växjö is just the region of Sweden).

"There are several clubs, both Swedish and foreign, that have expressed an interest in Emil", Östers sports manager told Smålandsposten.

And not just any clubs, "There are Allsvenskan (Swedish premier league) clubs and Glasgow Rangers that have shown an interest in me", says Emil.

Last winter he was in Scotland for a trial with the club, who won their league in the spring. Now they would like to sign him permanently but it remains to be seen if he will move.

"It is hard to say, exactly. I am still young and it is not just the football side that is important, but the social side as well. I still have 2 years left in school and it is always good to have something to fall back on. Then there is the issue of which team I should belong to, the under-19s or the first team. For now, Östers are the priority", he said to Smålandsposten.

So far, Östers have not accepted any offers for their huge talent.

"There has been one concrete offer from a club and it is a European club but it wasn't of interest. It is also important that we look at what is best for Emil", says Östers sports manager.

Sport Bladet

Just noticed, that some Swedish chappy has kindly added a comment at the bottom of the article saying that the 1 league game he has missed was because he was playing for the national under-17s.

Serious question:

When have we ever signed a player that young and hes made it through to the first team?

That's a good question.

The youngest foreign players I can think of from recent years would be Løvenkrands and Gattuso and they were 20 and 19 respectively. I reckon we've brought through about 20 Scottish teenagers in the last 30 odd years but its not a lot.

Tried to search the lad on FM Data Editor.

Just to see what his potential ability was on that...

Nothing showed up for him, he would've only been 15 and hadn't broke through at that time I suppose.

Tried to search the lad on FM Data Editor.

Just to see what his potential ability was on that...

Nothing showed up for him, he would've only been 15 and hadn't broke through at that time I suppose.

Did ye aye? :pipe:

Swedish teenager Emil Krafth has revealed Rangers are among the clubs chasing his signature.

The 16-year-old right-back, who plays for Oster in the Swedish second division, has reportedly attracted interest from sides across Europe.

And Krafth claims Scottish Premier League champions Gers are keen on bringing him to Ibrox permanently after the youngster impressed while on trial in Glasgow.

He said: "There are a few Allsvenskan (Swedish top-flight) clubs and Rangers that are interested in me."

Oster sporting director Peter Kuno Johansson added to Smalandsposten: "There are several clubs that have made enquiries and shown interest in Emil, both Swedish and foreign clubs."

Krafth says he is weighing up his options over his future and is unsure whether he wants a foreign adventure just yet.

Decision

"It is really hard to decide," he said. "I am still young and it's not just the football that should work, but also the social part.

"I have two years left at school and it is always good to have something to fall back on.

"Then it's also what team you will belong to - if it is the Under 19s or the first team. Right now Oster is my first priority."

Johansson claims offers have been tabled for the teenager but Oster are yet to accept any bids.

"There has been a concrete offer from a club and it is a European club, but it was not interesting," he said.

"We also need to look out for Emil, and what's best for him."