Charlie Adam

Are we a bit too harsh when it comes to judging the guy? I would personally say yes, but opinions very much vary when it comes to this guy.

Ok, his fitness is not the greatest and that affects his performances after 60 minutes or so but that can be improved with hard work and I think he has had an excellent season considering it's his first playing in the first team, far better than what I or probably many others expected.

His goal return has been very impressive and if you look at some of the goals he has scored: St Mirren (away), Dunfermline (away), Hibs (away) then they have proved to be vital in winning what could turn out to be pretty crucial points come the end of the season.

Yes he has looked a bit cumbersome and slow at times, but you have to remember that he is not naturally a winger and has done excellent despite acting as a stop gap in that position for most of the year. He has also added a brillant balance to the team as he is ntuarlly left footed.

His crosses and free kicks can be quite eratic at times, but for the first time in a long time we have atleast had some sort of threat from set pieces and that is also a positive factor that he brings to the table.

Being nomintaed for YPOTY is also a sentimate as to how far the lad has come in a short space of time.

I think with the correct coaching, training and right attitude Adam could very well turn out to be a diamond in the rough rather than another Mo Ross, Bob Malcolm or Ross McCormack and could be an important part of our squad for years to come.

Thoughts?

I have to be honest, I don't think he's good enough.

While I would love to be proved wrong, I think he found his level at St Mirren and will hopefully not be 1st choice next season, despite his goals.

To be fair to the guy, he's not a left mid, he is a centre mid. The fact he's scored so many goals, and has so many assists this season even though he was out of position speaks volumes for him, IMHO. He lacks natural athleticism and pace, so he'll never be a first team regular if we have a really good team, IMHO.

To be fair to the guy, he's not a left mid, he is a centre mid. The fact he's scored so many goals, and has so many assists this season even though he was out of position speaks volumes for him, IMHO. He lacks natural athleticism and pace, so he'll never be a first team regular if we have a really good team, IMHO.

Give this man some carbohydrates to keep up his energetic and super posts! championee

Yeah, I think people are WAY to harsh on him.

It's his 1st season with the 1st team and he is one of the highest appearances for the team this season. So he hasn't been gradually eased into the 1st XI like Smith, McGregor, Hutton and Burke were and the likes of Shinnie, Lowing, Lennon are being now. Finally lets not forget he has been played out of position more or less the enire season.

Found his level last season. Not good enough and never will be.

spot on (tu) should never of been given a new contract at start of season same as Burke and a hope Adam and Burke get punted in the summer

In my opinion our support has been over the top in their criticism of Charlie Adam this season. As other posters have stated, he's been played out of position all season long and still had a bigger influence on games than any other player, with the obvious exception of Barry Ferguson. Adam may not be the perfect physical specimin we would all like to see in a Rangers shirt, but he's got something that very few of his team-mates have. Natural talent.

IMO Adam, Burke, Hutton, and of course Ferguson should be the Scottish backbone to our team for years to come.

In my opinion our support has been over the top in their criticism of Charlie Adam this season. As other posters have stated, he's been played out of position all season long and still had a bigger influence on games than any other player, with the obvious exception of Barry Ferguson. Adam may not be the perfect physical specimin we would all like to see in a Rangers shirt, but he's got something that very few of his team-mates have. Natural talent.

IMO Adam, Burke, Hutton, and of course Ferguson should be the Scottish backbone to our team for years to come.

No Stevie Smith or was it a typo?

Found his level last year doh Disagree with that completely.

Dispite this being a very poor Rangers side, he has managed to hold down a first team place almost all season and 11 goals. For a midfielder that is a very impressive return wether thats in a struggling or successful side and shows to me that he clearly has the talent to play at an SPL club.

As I said you don't get nominated for YPOTY if you have been playing poor.

The only thing he truly lacks is fitness. the poorer aspects of his game, his tackling for example, would improve if he had that bit more fitness.

I think we forget that he is only 20.

What baffles me is how he can be unfit or overweight, I think the same about Kris Boyd.. there is no excuse for a professional footballer in this day and age to be carrying any excess flab or being anything less than fit to run for 90 minutes non-stop. What the hell are they doing at training? Sitting behind the floodlights smoking tabs and eating pies?

The coaching staff should be having a serious word in their ear and getting them on double shifts for fitness training. I think it is outrageous that they get paid several thousand pounds A WEEK and have the audacity to waddle around looking knackered after 60 minutes.... and I think the coaches need to shoulder some of the blame

Perhaps if Adam lost a stone he might find he does have some pace and perhaps he would not get such a hard time.... Rant Over

Can hit a good free kick or other dead ball..that's his goals.

He contributes nothing elsewhere in the game,can't track back or beat a player cos he has no pace.

A decent attacking midfielder should be scoring 20 goals a season in this league especiallt when you take all free kicks.

I'm not slagging the guy but to me he ain't good enough by a mile

Can hit a good free kick or other dead ball..that's his goals.

He contributes nothing elsewhere in the game,can't track back or beat a player cos he has no pace.

A decent attacking midfielder should be scoring 20 goals a season in this league especiallt when you take all free kicks.

I'm not slagging the guy but to me he ain't good enough by a mile

Yeah but take his goals out and I an think of atleast 4 points we would have dropped. It seems like little but it could prove to be the difference between second and third.

I also think your expectations are totally unrealistic. 20 goals a season for an attacking midfielder? Most strikers don't even get 20 goals.

He's being played on the left and still has scored over half your wanted total...and we still have 6 games left!