Who Is The Best Goalkeeper In The World?

Broxi

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Best Goalkeeper In The World?

• Iker Casillas
    • Julio Cesar
    • Manuel Neuer
    • Igor Akinfeev
    • Giunluigi Buffon
    • Victor Valdes
    • Hugo Lloris
    • Other (Specify)

You seem to have missed McGregor from that list.

I would vote other, but instead I'll just wait for you to add him. (tu)

You'll be waiting a while, this is a serious question which will only have serious answers my friend :pipe:

Why is McGregor not up there anyway, is it because the league he is in ?. IMO McGregor is one of the best out there right now. A 20Yard strike going top bin from Commons is the same as a 20yard shot from any other player in a different league. All the goalkeepers on that list are prone to mistakes often, the most improved is Valdes, and i didnt rate him at all years ago.

The last couple of seasons Van Der Sar was arguably the best goalkeeper in the world.

Julio Cesar is one the most overrated goalkeepers about, imo.

Casillas or Valdes.

Valdes has been more consistent the last two or three seasons after being inconsistent. One thing that needs to be remembered is Casillas is required to make more saves than Valdes over a season, thus meaning he is more likely to make an error.

Sure I read there was a stat(not sure how accurate it was) that Valdes was required to make one or two saves each 40 minutes or something.

This.

Van Der Saar has been the best in the last two seasons IMO.

Julio Cesar has looked a liability on numerous times I've watched him.

I think Cech now he's getting back to his best is up there with Valdes and Casillas as the best.

Probably Valdes. Best one-on-one keeper in the world, best concentration of any keeper I can think of and best with the ball at his feet.

I'm sure he'd make a lot more mistakes in another team but that's irrelevant. He does what he is required to do in goal better than anyone else does what they are required to do that I can think of, and no other keeper would fit into the Barcelona team as well.

Manuel Neuer for me. Casillas' form last season was poor. Prior to it I'd have said he was easily the best.

Valdes has to be one of few players you can say is both underrated and overrated :lol: I think he's brilliant, but I rate Reina and Casillas higher.

Why is McGregor not up there anyway, is it because the league he is in ?. IMO McGregor is one of the best out there right now. A 20Yard strike going top bin from Commons is the same as a 20yard shot from any other player in a different league. All the goalkeepers on that list are prone to mistakes often, the most improved is Valdes, and i didnt rate him at all years ago.

Because mcgregors is the best goalkeeper in the world, and while he may be considered on par with some of the keepers listed, I knew most people on here would have their blue tinted specs on and vote for him only because he's a rangers player

Because mcgregors is the best goalkeeper in the world, and while he may be considered on par with some of the keepers listed, I knew most people on here would have their blue tinted specs on and vote for him only because he's a rangers player

i firmly believe he is one of the best but. Not many goal keepers on that list could pull off some of the saves we have seen McGregor pull off.

The thing makes us know he is one of the best is we expect him to make those saves, the Samaras one last season, we expect him to save that. Not sure many other goalkeepers have that pressure.

Casillas is vastly over rated because of who he plays for. No idea who is the best. Nueur, Lloris or Buffon maybe?

Bit unfair to have a dig at Casillas and then suggest Buffon as a candidate. Casillas is in decline but used to be magnificent. Same is true of Buffon.