Rangers Close To 2 New Signings?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In today's transfer market far more deals go through as 'loan with an option to buy' that way if he's a dud, then u can send them back. I personally think this is a far more efficient way of dealing and there is less risk involved. If this was the way we had purchased players like Velicka, Beattie etc then they would be back at their original clubs just now and we'd have another couple of million in the bank

I'm not saying every purchase should be done this way, just that loan signings have their advantages.

Well said brother (tu)

In today's transfer market far more deals go through as 'loan with an option to buy' that way if he's a dud, then u can send them back. I personally think this is a far more efficient way of dealing and there is less risk involved. If this was the way we had purchased players like Velicka, Beattie etc then they would be back at their original clubs just now and we'd have another couple of million in the bank

I'm not saying every purchase should be done this way, just that loan signings have their advantages.

You never answered my question. You loan deals were "just being realistic". Are you suggesting that it's unrealistic for Rangers to sign quality players? Are you suggesting that we have no money? How is loaning players "just being realistic"? How is signing players unrealistic?

You never answered my question. You loan deals were "just being realistic". Are you suggesting that it's unrealistic for Rangers to sign quality players? Are you suggesting that we have no money? How is loaning players "just being realistic"? How is signing players unrealistic?

Sorry, I think we've both been confused by other posts. I don't mean that we can only afford loan deals by any manner of means just that we can't throw money about willy nilly.

It's been well documented that Ally needs to bring in "Quantity". It almost goes without say that someone brought in could be a dud. If that someone is a loanee then he goes straight back again and we reinvest that saved transfer fee on someone else next season rather than being in another Beartie situation next when we are hoping to shift him on, probably at a loss, to reinvest his wages elsewhere.

I still expect to sign more players, just that I'm not concerned if some of them are on loan. Besides just like Diouf and Weiss last year, they will grow to love us and will oly be to happy to stay.

With regards to quality, I fully believe we will always be able to attract quality, whether on loan or permanent.

It almost goes without say that someone brought in could be a dud. If that someone is a loanee then he goes straight back again and we reinvest that saved transfer fee on someone else next season rather than being in another Beartie situation next when we are hoping to shift him on, probably at a loss, to reinvest his wages elsewhere.

By the same token, if the player does well his value increases and it's difficult to get him back. We'd all love Bartley back but there's no doubt his stock has increased after a couple of loan spells.

Take this guy Khumalo from Tottenham for example. Right now he's out of favor and there isn't much interest in him. We could probably buy him right now if we tried. However, if Rangers take him on a one year loan and he becomes a stand out performer for us his parent club will start asking for millions or may decide to just keep him. The door swings both ways, if they're shit we send them back, if they're good we can't keep a hold of them.

It is in the DR transfer talk section.

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist is close to securing two more signings - but won't reveal the identities of his targets. McCoist, whose first major addition Juan Manuel Ortiz arrived this week, will be boosted in his dealings by an £850,000 windfall from Charlie Adam's sell-on clause at Blackpool. (Daily Express)

By the same token, if the player does well his value increases and it's difficult to get him back. We'd all love Bartley back but there's no doubt his stock has increased after a couple of loan spells.

Take this guy Khumalo from Tottenham for example. Right now he's out of favor and there isn't much interest in him. We could probably buy him right now if we tried. However, if Rangers take him on a one year loan and he becomes a stand out performer for us his parent club will start asking for millions or may decide to just keep him. The door swings both ways, if they're shit we send them back, if they're good we can't keep a hold of them.

I do agree with u which is why we should have the option at the beginning of the deal, that way we have agreed the fee whilst out of favour and then if they become a star then we can still sign them at the agreed fee, if not home they go.