September 1st

GM84

I know people want us to spend a lot of money but I think the following is a very realistic prediction of our transfer dealings by September 1st.

Sign: 

Goian £750,000

Jushaz £1.6m

Cuellar £2m

Davidson £500,000

Murphy £750,000

Goodwillie £2m

Verhoek (or similar quality) £2m

Taking our spending to about £11.5m + wages.

That will give us a squad of the following

GK - McGregor, Alexander

RB - Whittaker, Broadfoot, Cole

CB - Cuellar, Bougherra, Goian, Juhasz Weir

LB - Papac, Wallace

RM - Ortiz, Naismith

CM - Davis, Davidson, Bedoya, McCulloch, Edu, Fleck, Ness, Hutton

LM - Wylde, Kerkar, Verhoek

ST - Jelavic, Lafferty, Murphy, Goodwillie, Little, Hemmings, Healy, Beattie

Obviously £11.5m is an unrealstic figure for us to be spending and the squad would be too big so I can see the following happening.

Sell: Broadfoot, Edu, Bougherra, Beattie

Taking in a reasonable £4-5m + the Adam money

Loan: Hemmings, Fleck, Ness, Little

Think the following teams would be good to loan to (to help secure deals for players).

Hemmings to Motherwell

Fleck to Dundee Utd

Ness to St Johnstone

Little to ?

This would leave us with a squad of 24 players + youth and the following season we would hopefully have Hemmings, Fleck and Ness all with a lot more 1st team SPL (or equivalent) experience than they would get at Ibrox, I don't see a future at Ibrox for Little unless he really impresses while out on loan.

As far as I am aware Whyte never mentioned anything about an extra £15m, only that considerably more funds than originally planned would be available, at this point we will have spent about £6.5m + wages and new deals for Whittaker, McGregor & Davis, I think that seems about right in terms of investment.

I'm not saying this is what I want to happen, it's just how I see things going, in all honesty I wouldn't be against everything above happening but would obviously like to see a higher standard of player in certain positions.  That's not realistic though, we don't want to end up in the position we were in before Whyte took over.

I think this squad would comfortably see us through the season as Champions and give us a solid base for improving on yet again next season.

Hopefully your predictions on signings won't be far off, albeit the fees mentioned may be skewed.

Along with what we currently have we need another 2 centre halfs and if Boogie goes we'll need 3.

Definitely need more attacking options.

I predict that Broadfoot will go to either Hearts or Dundee Utd.

Try £3Million for Jushaz mate.

Anderlecht want 4.5 million euros for the centre half and Murphy now has Premiership interest, not sure if we were ever interested anyway. Good luck with trying to sell Edu, Broadfoot and Beattie. Little to free transfer? ;)

I pulled all of the fees from press so i'm not surprised they are wrong. :lol:

Verhoek fee Daily Mail

Juhasz fee Evening Times & Herald (have to sign in to read Herald or Evening Times articles)

I'm still not sure if we turned down a bid of £2.7m for Bougherra or £1.3m, both figures are still being reported.

Loan out Ness one of our best prospects nooooo!

Ness to fucking St Johnstone? Him and Wylde were immense last season why put him out on loan.

How good people think Ness is kind of irrelevant, he won't get a start ahead of Davis and that leaves only 1 CM spot up for grabs, McCoist is looking to bring in Davidson and he has already brought in Bedoya, He also has McCulloch as an option and I just can't see Ness getting regular first team football, not saying I agree or don't agree with that, I just don't see it happening.

Ness needs to prove he can stay fit and the best way for him to do that is with as much first team football as possible, a loan move to somewhere like St Johnstone will give him a start every week, he won't get anywhere near that at Ibrox.

Would be a dream come true if all that came true.

Apart from Ness going out on loan.

Don't see us signing 7 players though. :anguish:

I think 7 is possible, McCoist said he needed 5/6 players, he has brought in 4 so far (including 1 from the list above) and if he was to sell Broadfoot, Edu, Bougherra & Beattie that would put us still needing 5/6 players.

I thought this list was meant to be realistic?

It's what I think is a realistic scenario, obviously it won't all happen but other than the transfer fees (which were taken from the scottish press) nothing I have said is unrealistic.

A total spend of £6.5m - Going by what Whyte has said this seems very realistic.

Loaning out our younger players to get them experience that they won't get at our club - Very realistic and it's what most big clubs do e.g. Bartley from Arsenal & Weiss from Man City to Rangers.

Selling Broadfoot, Bougherra, Edu and Beattie - Again very realistic depending on the fees, we won't get much more than a few hundred thousand max for Beattie & Broadfoot combined but £2.7m for Bougherra and £1m+ for Edu is realistic.

As I said, obviously it won't all happen, if I could be that accurate with my predictions I would be doing more interesting things with them than posting on an internet forum.

Impossible to predict what our line up is going to be on September 1st.

People always post their potential line ups throughout the Summer, including whoever we are being linked with at the tome, but it's normally nowhere close to right when te window does eventually shut.

A month or so ago people were including Hemed & Danns in potential teams and in a couple of weeks time they will be including whoever we are being linked to then.

I'm just going to wait and see and judge/predict on September 1st.

Whats so unrealisitic? All those bids are in or completed already with the exception the dutch winger and possibly Murphy, we dont know. The money is certainly there.

There's no way we'll spend £11.5m. Jushaz will cost doube £1.6m. Verhoek wants crazt wages. Rangers haven't matched the the £2m valuation of Cuellar. We wont sell Broadfoot or loan out Ness. There's no way we'll be able to sell Beattie a pay-off os more likely.

There's plenty about the OP that's unrealistic.

There's no way we'll spend £11.5m. Jushaz will cost doube £1.6m. Verhoek wants crazt wages. Rangers haven't matched the the £2m valuation of Cuellar. We wont sell Broadfoot or loan out Ness. There's no way we'll be able to sell Beattie a pay-off os more likely.

Hearts wanted £3M for wallace and we got him for £1.5M

We have agreed a fee for cuellar, where are you getting that from?

Verhoek wants crazy wages? How much is that? Ive not read that anywhere tbh.

Why wouldnt we well broadfoot? Maybe even use him as part of a deal for another player, maybe goodwillie? Or even davidson?

I think you'd be suprised regarding beattie, if he's in decent shape im sure some english championship side would take him.

We have had bids in for players totally over £10m, and are still in negotiations with several players, by the time all players are signed our spending wont be a million miles from £11.5m. I wouldnt be so sure about Broadfoot. Ness being loaned is probably unrealistic, yes and Beattie, we simply dont know what the score withhim is, he has no motivation to move given the ridiculous contract we gave him under Bains watch.

Why dont you think we will spend money? Dont you think we have it?

by the time all players are signed our spending wont be a million miles from £11.5m.

I doubt it. You honestly think we'll spend £11.5m in this window in transfer fees? Rangers have only spent around £2.5m up until now. IF Cuellar accepts the offer from Rangers then it'll take spending up to £4.5m and I don't think we'll see much more after that. If Rangers sell Bougherra then I would expect to see that money be reinvested in the team but even then I doubt we'll spend anything close to £11.5m in transfer fees.

The outlay in wages in coming years with all these new improved contract to current players, plus Cuellar would be on £25k/week IF he signs, would be a huge commitment over and above massive summer spending. For an SPL club £11.5m would be massive spending.

I wouldnt be so sure about Broadfoot. Ness being loaned is probably unrealistic, yes and Beattie, we simply dont know what the score withhim is, he has no motivation to move given the ridiculous contract we gave him under Bains watch.

I know Broadfoot has said he doesn't want to be a squad player so I can see him leaving Rangers in the long run but certainly not during this window. Ally seems to be rejecting all offers out of hand because as he said, he's trying to build a team not take it apart. If Ness was loaned out I'd be stunned because he's one of the best young CMs in the country and we're already short on players. I can see Beattie just running down his contract with Rangers. Whatever was left of Beattie's reputaton was destroyed at Blackpool last season. He's been well and truely found out.

Also, this Verhoek lad is a good player. I put him in the suggestions thread about two weeks before we even knew Rangers were interested (feel free to check). But although bids have been accepted by his club the contract negotiations have continually broken down. Someone said that a total of 22 negotiations had broken down over this lads personal demands. He obviously wants a big wage and for that reason I doubt we'd get him unfortunately.

I doubt it. You honestly think we'll spend £11.5m in this window in transfer fees? Rangers have only spent around £2.5m up until now. IF Cuellar accepts the offer from Rangers then it'll take spending up to £4.5m and I don't think we'll see much more after that. If Rangers sell Bougherra then I would expect to see that money be reinvested in the team but even then I doubt we'll spend anything close to £11.5m in transfer fees.

The outlay in wages in coming years with all these new improved contract to current players, plus Cuellar would be on £25k/week IF he signs, would be a huge commitment over and above massive summer spending. For an SPL club £11.5m would be massive spending.

I know Broadfoot has said he doesn't want to be a squad player so I can see him leaving Rangers in the long run but certainly not during this window. Ally seems to be rejecting all offers out of hand because as he said, he's trying to build a team not take it apart. If Ness was loaned out I'd be stunned because he's one of the best young CMs in the country and we're already short on players. I can see Beattie just running down his contract with Rangers. Whatever was left of Beattie's reputaton was destroyed at Blackpool last season. He's been well and truely found out.

Also, this Verhoek lad is a good player. I put him in the suggestions thread about two weeks before we even knew Rangers were interested (feel free to check). But although bids have been accepted by his club the contract negotiations have continually broken down. Someone said that a total of 22 negotiations had broken down over this lads personal demands. He obviously wants a big wage and for that reason I doubt we'd get him unfortunately.

I would never say never, and Mr whyte has shown me nothing to suggest i should doubt him or his support of Ally. He is playing a blinder so far imo.

I am not saying we will spend that much, what i am saying is, we clearly have the money and offers are in for several players, and if all those deals come off we will have spent a fair whack.

Walter averaged £10m per year under the grip of Lloyds.

Possibly correct on Broadfoot although, he wont get his game if Ally gets who he wants so he may force our hand in getting rid of him.

I agree on Ness and Beattie. No loan out for Jamie and James working his contract out.

I know what you are saying about the Dutch lad, i have read that about him, someone said over 20 negotiations have broke down with him. <cr>

(tu)