Rangers Have Teamed Up With Daily Record For Malmo Match.

caseyjones

I think this is the way to go in terms of getting the media to be fair, give them a warning shot and then show we are willing to work with them. If we just ban them all the time we will turn them against us, we need to work with them to get the right image out there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not better to lay down ground rules and work in collaboration with them on our own terms, to improve the coverage and increase the public profile of our club? At the end of the day the paper's not going anywhere soon, use them wisely

You're right casey. What they should do, instead of working with papers to improve Rangers image and press coverage, is throw the toys out of the pram and tell every single paper which has ever written a negative story about us that we will have nothing to do with them ever again.

Yep, that's what we should do.

No what should happen is that we see an end to all this 'Whyte Knight' bollocks and see that, just like any other club, we will not be punishing anyone if it would have a detrimental effect upon our coffers. We are working with the Record because they are paying for the privilege and the advertising opportunity, not because they want to improve our image. Your not daft enough to actually believe that, Peter.

No what should happen is that we see an end to all this 'Whyte Knight' bollocks and see that, just like any other club, we will not be punishing anyone if it would have a detrimental effect upon our coffers. We are working with the Record because they are paying for the privilege and the advertising opportunity, not because they want to improve our image. Your not daft enough to actually believe that, Peter.

As far as i can see, rather than people going on about "Whyte Knight" you and a few others seem to be going out of the way to throw anything you can find against Whyte? <cr>

I was actually thinking that as well...in a thread that was intended to have a go at the daily record and a sly dig at Whyte and Rangers, its turned out to be a very good thing for Bears outside the UK! Or even IT clever bears within the UK :D

It's available on Rangers TV anyway.

The whole record-anti rangers thing is a pile of wank.my brother works on the sports desk and there are more rangers minded people and 1 evertonian ,than there are of them.every Paper spouts pish from time to time to provoke/sell more papers.

Is there link ,dumbdumb here can't find it on their website , my work network is American so i should be able to watch it here at work

Mate, it's not working. There should be a link that says 'Watch it Live' which will ask you to log in again. When you do this it doesnt recognise the details. It even has a link asking you to refresh if this doesnt work...fk I've got the shits now was looking forward to getting up and watching this.

If you go to www.&lt;No links to this website&gt; it's on the right hand side.

As far as i can see, rather than people going on about "Whyte Knight" you and a few others seem to be going out of the way to throw anything you can find against Whyte? <cr>

Not at all. I've never been under any illusions as to what his goal was before/when he took over Rangers. He wants to make money just like every other businessman. Those who bleat on about him 'taking on our enemies in the mhedia' need to open their eyes. As Britney, another who would be put to the sword, stated earlier in the summer, Nobody will be banned from Ibrox.

Mate, it's not working. There should be a link that says 'Watch it Live' which will ask you to log in again. When you do this it doesnt recognise the details. It even has a link asking you to refresh if this doesnt work...fk I've got the shits now was looking forward to getting up and watching this.

If you go to www.&lt;No links to this website&gt; it's on the right hand side.

you can buy the game on Rangerstv for a £5 mate , for outside Uk only , think i'll use that (tu)

The whole record-anti rangers thing is a pile of wank.my brother works on the sports desk and there are more rangers minded people and 1 evertonian ,than there are of them.every Paper spouts pish from time to time to provoke/sell more papers.

Name names and teams they support. ?

I was actually thinking that as well...in a thread that was intended to have a go at the daily record and a sly dig at Whyte and Rangers, its turned out to be a very good thing for Bears outside the UK! Or even IT clever bears within the UK :D

I like to think I'm quite up to speed with a comp now but I couldn't get it going the last time by hiding my ip etc.

I like to think I'm quite up to speed with a comp now but I couldn't get it going the last time by hiding my ip etc.

Edit: Proxy link i posted wouldn't work with streams

Anybody know the link for the daily rhebel stream?

So, will it be possible to hide your IP address and access this live feed from the UK?

You can use a proxy server based outside the UK to to log on to the Dr site. If you don't know how to, look up on Google for a tutorial, on my phone so not able to link you to a suitable site

I think anyone would be daft to believe that the takeover and the stance of Whyte with regard to the media and coverage of all things Rangers isn't designed to have an effect on our image. Since the takeover, a negative story has been removed from the DR page within hours of publishing and the BBC are not welcome at Ibrox after portraying our manager in a negative light. Do you honestly think nothing is being done at Ibrox to improve our image? If Whyte is improving our image to increase the value of his shareholding, then good! I'm glad we have someone with drive and financial savvy in charge, isn't that what we've always wanted?

It seems to me that what some have always wanted is an owner they can moan about. When they don't get one, they'll moan about him anyway...

You're right casey. What they should do, instead of working with papers to improve Rangers image and press coverage, is throw the toys out of the pram and tell every single paper which has ever written a negative story about us that we will have nothing to do with them ever again.

Yep, that's what we should do.

(tu)

I think anyone would be daft to believe that the takeover and the stance of Whyte with regard to the media and coverage of all things Rangers isn't designed to have an effect on our image. Since the takeover, a negative story has been removed from the DR page within hours of publishing and the BBC are not welcome at Ibrox after portraying our manager in a negative light. Do you honestly think nothing is being done at Ibrox to improve our image? If Whyte is improving our image to increase the value of his shareholding, then good! I'm glad we have someone with drive and financial savvy in charge, isn't that what we've always wanted?

It seems to me that what some have always wanted is an owner they can moan about. When they don't get one, they'll moan about him anyway...

Our previous owner also took the media to task when it suited him. Whyte will be no different, of that I am sure, so please take him down from the pedestal.

Our previous owner also took the media to task when it suited him. Whyte will be no different, of that I am sure, so please take him down from the pedestal.

So basically, we're no better off under Whyte than we are Murray, in purely a PR/public image way?

Take your head out your arse.

When did Murray ever stand up and say that Rangers will no longer be the only one blamed for sectarianism in Scotland?

Whyte hasn't been here a year and he's already done that.