Minutes Silence

G.E.C.

A MINUTE'S silence will be observed prior to this evening's game in memory of the victims who lost their lives in the attacks in Norway last weekend.

Chairman Craig Whyte said: "This was a horrific tragedy and on behalf of Rangers Football Club I would like to send our sincere condolences to everyone who has been affected by this dreadful atrocity. Our thoughts are with the people of Norway at this very sad time

A MINUTE'S silence will be observed prior to this evening's game in memory of the victims who lost their lives in the attacks in Norway last weekend.

Chairman Craig Whyte said: "This was a horrific tragedy and on behalf of Rangers Football Club I would like to send our sincere condolences to everyone who has been affected by this dreadful atrocity. Our thoughts are with the people of Norway at this very sad time

A very good gesture from the club. Well done C.W.and Co. (tu)

Whilst Celtic chief Peter Lawwell said "We, the people of Celtic football club, have been deeply traumatized by what we see as an attack on catholicism and our club. We believe that our game at the weekend should be postponed whilst all involved with the club recover from this unfortunate event."

Sorry to put a dampener on is, but why is lawell bringing religion into the game by saying their game should be postponed at the weekend cos its an attack on catholicism ??? But good gesture from us enite

It's not a real quote.

Presides an attack in a Protestant country can't really be an attack on Catholics.

Anyway end of pointless religious debate.

Sorry to put a dampener on is, but why is lawell bringing religion into the game by saying their game should be postponed at the weekend cos its an attack on catholicism ??? But good gesture from us enite

Breivik is a Mason, so he's got to.

Please be serious :BELM:

This grief culture is getting out of hand now. As tragic as it was, it's not really anything to do with Rangers Malmo or football in general.

Is it though? Is it really getting out of hand? Or is it a harmless gesture of human solidarity?

Sheesh.

This grief culture is getting out of hand now. As tragic as it was, it's not really anything to do with Rangers Malmo or football in general.

Of course, because 22 men kicking a ball about on a pitch is far more significant than the loss of life itself.

Jesus, that was cold, casey. :lol:

Oh dear.

I'm pretty sure a team from Sweden, a country which is extremely close to Norway politically, culturally and geographically, would like to pay their respects before the game tonight. Not to mention, we have a few Norwegian youngsters on our books. Is a minute silence really such an inconvenience for some people?

Norway and Sweden were once a united country - and that's apart from a simple, silent minute to show some empathy and solidarity with the good folk of Norway.

It's called respect. Costs nothing, but worth a lot to those we show the respect.

Is it though? Is it really getting out of hand? Or is it a harmless gesture of human solidarity?

Sheesh.

You're correct, it is a harmless gesture and if I was attending I would of course respect it, but it just rings a bit hollow to me. Forty people died in a Chinese train crash earlier on this week. It wasn't on Sky News for hours on end so is it of lesser importance? That was all I was trying to say.