Jean Alain Boumsong

Just looking through some old World Soccer magazines that I found while cleaning out my room and there's a quote by Boumsong that he made just after he joined us:

People have to stop thinking of the Scottish League as a retirement home for players who's career is in decline

It's amazing to think that only 3 years ago this summer we managed to attract two of Europe's most wanted players in Prso and Boumsong himself, to Ibrox and now we find ourselves being linke dto mid table Premiership players at best.

Before and since then we have signed a few players with a half decent reputation: Capucho, Kyrgiakos, Buffel, Fan Fan, Bernard and Rodriquez to name but a few, but none have really set the heather on fire in the manner we would have expected.

It made me realise even furthur that Walter and Ally have a very difficult task on their hands when it comes to making sure that we sign players who are fully committed to the cause in and want to give their all for RFC 100% of the time.

I expect them to have just as difficult a summer as us fans when it comes to potential signing targets.

These are tough times indeed but I still expect us to come out stronger as a result of it!

Yep, Interesting there Buddy.

I loved big Boumer but it was a great bit of business.

Talking about attraction to the Club, some are just mesmerized by Ibrox, Murray Park and the Trophy Room. Or does money talk too much?

Yep, Interesting there Buddy.

I loved big Boumer but it was a great bit of business.

Talking about attraction to the Club, some are just mesmerized by Ibrox, Murray Park and the Trophy Room. Or does money talk too much?

In theory RFC should sell itself to any player but in this day and age, it's sadly safe to say that ultimately money talks.

Even Roy Keane said earlier in the season that the first thing a player asks when you declare an interets is what wages they will be picking up each week!

It's almost like a contradiction as football is such a phenominom now that it needs money to survive, but it is also money that is sucking the very life out of what was once called the beautiful game.

Just looking through some old World Soccer magazines that I found while cleaning out my room and there's a quote by Boumsong that he made just after he joined us:
People have to stop thinking of the Scottish League as a retirement home for players who's career is in decline

It's amazing to think that only 3 years ago this summer we managed to attract two of Europe's most wanted players in Prso and Boumsong himself, to Ibrox and now we find ourselves being linke dto mid table Premiership players at best.

Before and since then we have signed a few players with a half decent reputation: Capucho, Kyrgiakos, Buffel, Fan Fan, Bernard and Rodriquez to name but a few, but none have really set the heather on fire in the manner we would have expected.

It made me realise even furthur that Walter and Ally have a very difficult task on their hands when it comes to making sure that we sign players who are fully committed to the cause in and want to give their all for RFC 100% of the time.

I expect them to have just as difficult a summer as us fans when it comes to potential signing targets.

These are tough times indeed but I still expect us to come out stronger as a result of it!

Boum n Marv were solid at the back ....Boum should have just stayed with us

im not to sure but i am sure that he will not be in their 1st team plans when they come back up to serie a, would be worth going for him again but i think they paid something like 6-8 million for him

im not to sure but i am sure that he will not be in their 1st team plans when they come back up to serie a, would be worth going for him again but i think they paid something like 6-8 million for him

It was £3mil they paid.

God his career has gone arse up ain't it?

Highly rated at Auxerre

Tipped to be a legend here

Part of "The Souness Revolution" at Newcastle

Stop gap centre back for Juve

Still i'd take him back lets see if he still feels the same way about the SPL as he did when made that quote!