Mccoist Not Got It

gsa

given where the second goal came from idon't think another defender would have helped, we had a hole in the midfield all night that their players walked through.

didn't anyone else notice that they hardly ever had the ball in the air? they just walked it through the midfield anytime they had posession.

Exactly why he should have made the change as it was McCulloch who backed off their player to allow him the shot.

If he had brought Broadfoot on and taken off Ortiz for example he would have had Edu,Broadfoot,Papac and Wallace at the back with McCulloch,Davis and Naismith in midfield and Jelavic up front on his own. Not saying it would have stopped them but it would have made it more difficult to walk right through us. He could even have went 3 at the back with Broadfoot,Papac and Wallace and put Edu in the centre again with McCulloch and Davis and Naismith out on the flanks.

He didn't make any changes at all defensively when we went down to 9 and he made 1 change with 5 minutes to go when we needed a goal. And the change he did make was utterly baffling to say the least.

Make no mistake though McCoist was let down by Whittaker and Bougherra because there is no doubt in my mind that had we maintained 11 players on the park we would have won that game comfortably.

To not adapt and make any changes of any significance or switch the shape of the team still baffles me.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the Man Utd fans are glad that they exercised considerably more patience with Sir Alex than many Bears on here are affording Ally.

To suggest that he has not got what it takes after only a handful of competitive games is completely premature. He is going to make mistakes as he learns from experience - to err is human after all - and even some of the more experienced managers make mistakes.

Furthermore its clear that the squad is very far from complete and the chairman's recent statements shows a real determination to strengthen it considerably.

I bet the Man Utd fans are glad that they exercised considerably more patience with Sir Alex than many Bears on here are affording Ally.

To suggest that he has not got what it takes after only a handful of competitive games is completely premature. He is going to make mistakes as he learns from experience - to err is human after all - and even some of the more experienced managers make mistakes.

Furthermore its clear that the squad is very far from complete and the chairman's recent statements shows a real determination to strengthen it considerably.

Bears will give ally plenty of time

you have a right to an opinion but i have the right to doubt the motives of someone who registers after we lose in europe to criticisie the manager in a ridiculous fashion andn can't bring himself to admit we would have won the game without the sending offs....

It's not ridiculous and I think the majority would rather see Davis in CM with a LM and RM having players natural in those positions. Do you agree or disagree on that since you don't seem to want to answer it?

You just don't like anyone criticising Ally. Ally is my hero too but he is not above Rangers FC.

He will get at least a season from anyone with a brain.

So you think if he gets put out by Malmo from Champions League and then put out again from another minnow NK Maribor he shouldn't be sacked? Put into perspective wouldn't that be the worst performing Rangers team in Europe ever?

He's picked Edu & McCulloch 3 games out of three.

They've both been rank in all.

They're terrible.

He keeps playing them.

That's bad football management.

And not harsh.

Edu got the assist, playing a great ball to jelavic. did you watch the game ?

So you think if he gets put out by Malmo from Champions League and then put out again from another minnow NK Maribor he shouldn't be sacked? Put into perspective wouldn't that be the worst performing Rangers team in Europe ever?

No

He will get at least a season from anyone with a brain.

Do you think Whyte will give him the season though.

I must admit if we get put out by Maribor i'm not sure McCoist will still have the support of a lot of the Bears.

Fickle,premature,wrong...yup but that's the fickle nature of managing a top club like Rangers these days.

I for one sincerely hope he has learned from the Malmo games and that we do cruise past Maribor and he does get the time to stamp his authority on the team before you think the opposite.

Do you think Whyte will give him the season though.

I must admit if we get put out by Maribor i'm not sure McCoist will still have the support of a lot of the Bears.

Fickle,premature,wrong...yup but that's the fickle nature of managing a top club like Rangers these days.

I for one sincerely hope he has learned from the Malmo games and that we do cruise past Maribor and he does get the time to stamp his authority on the team before you think the opposite.

you and me both...

some fans will boo a draw in the first game of the season so i know where you are coming from....

We won't be put out by Maribor. McCoist will be with us for a long time, hopefully.

Once he gets his team, and I mean his team, sorted we can be in a better position to judge.

A qualifier at the start of the season against a team in the middle of theirs was always going to be a problem. We have no divine right to win and we were shown up in the first leg.

The second leg was a much better performance, we will still bossing them with 9 men!! But the numbers eventually got the better of us, however, I do think McCoist could have used the full quota of subs to give a bit of freahness if nothing else.

The reaction had been nothing short of embarrassing on here but that is to be expected, everything seems to be horrendously blown out of proportion and there is a fair number of silly wee boys on here.

I look forward to the 1st of September when we can see Ally's own team.

We won't be put out by Maribor. McCoist will be with us for a long time, hopefully.

Once he gets his team, and I mean his team, sorted we can be in a better position to judge.

A qualifier at the start of the season against a team in the middle of theirs was always going to be a problem. We have no divine right to win and we were shown up in the first leg.

The second leg was a much better performance, we will still bossing them with 9 men!! But the numbers eventually got the better of us, however, I do think McCoist could have used the full quota of subs to give a bit of freahness if nothing else.

The reaction had been nothing short of embarrassing on here but that is to be expected, everything seems to be horrendously blown out of proportion and there is a fair number of silly wee boys on here.

That was my main concern though over the two legs that he stood at the touchline watching the games passing us by and not doing anything to change it.

Was he too scared to go gung ho?

Did he feel it wouldn't have made any difference?

Did he get caught up in the moment and forget to use them?

Who knows unless McCoist tells us.

All the other stuff was self inflicted but his lack of changes concerns me even this early in the season.

It appears to me he simply didn't have any faith in those players on the bench and if that is the case it begs the question of why they are wearing the Blue jersey in the first place.

Good post, 100th rep

Im absolutely convinced Ally will be a successful Rangers boss

It appears to me he simply didn't have any faith in those players on the bench and if that is the case it begs the question of why they are wearing the Blue jersey in the first place.

Surely can't be the case considering he just gave new contracts to 1 or 2 of them?

That was my main concern though over the two legs that he stood at the touchline watching the games passing us by and not doing anything to change it.

Was he too scared to go gung ho?

Did he feel it wouldn't have made any difference?

Did he get caught up in the moment and forget to use them?

Who knows unless McCoist tells us.

All the other stuff was self inflicted but his lack of changes concerns me even this early in the season.

It appears to me he simply didn't have any faith in those players on the bench and if that is the case it begs the

question of why they are wearing the Blue jersey in the first place.

He needs time to stamp his own authority on the team, the one thing our support is incapable of giving.

A game the magnitude of the Malmo game has simply cone far too early for us. I honestly think if the first leg had been even a week late we would have horsed them.

Not an encouraging start, and there is sinmply no way to dress up the fact he has made the worst start to his Rangers career than any other Rangers manager. That said, the fans and time are on his side, he will be cut more slack than most and will hopefully learn from all his mistakes, of which there are a few. Its my opinion he wont last long, i dont see him learning from mistakes, i am seeing him copy too many that Walter also made. Of course i hope i am wrong.

He needs time to stamp his own authority on the team, the one thing our support is incapable of giving.

A game the magnitude of the Malmo game has simply cone far too early for us. I honestly think if the first leg had been even a week late we would have horsed them.

Sorry mate i disagree completely. There is time to stamp your authority on the team granted but you don't need time to make crucial changes to the team during a specific game be it your first or 101st.

We are tied at 1-1 and going out so what was to stop him throwing on two or indeed three fresh players that may have made a difference as we were only one man down.

All in the past now but at Ibrox and again in Malmo the games were crying out for some fresh legs or a tweak here and there with tactics and they never materialised. That has to be a concern surely?

Surely can't be the case considering he just gave new contracts to 1 or 2 of them?

You would think that but only Healy on the bench was given a new contract by McCoist. Wylde has to my knowledge refused to sign his so it makes you wonder if McCoist was being petty by refusing to play him in either leg as a result.

Wylde for Ortiz when they scored to me was the no brainer substitution and perhaps Healy for Ortiz. If we lost another goal as a result it didn't matter as we were already out.

If I remember right a lot of Utd fans were wanting him out. The board stuck by him.

Sorry mate i disagree completely. There is time to stamp your authority on the team granted but you don't need time to make crucial changes to the team during a specific game be it your first or 101st.

We are tied at 1-1 and going out so what was to stop him throwing on two or indeed three fresh players that may have made a difference as we were only one man down.

All in the past now but at Ibrox and again in Malmo the games were crying out for some fresh legs or a tweak here and there with tactics and they never materialised. That has to be a concern surely?

Slightly, my one big criticism of Smith when he was manager was his substitutions, rather, his lack of them. I hope Ally will be different, 4 games in and it doesn't seem like it. That could be due to his lack of confidence in the players filling the seats, which is why it is so important for him to bring his own players in.

This is his first job as a manager and I won't be getting overly concerned at this early stage.