Mccoist Not Got It

gsa

Edu McCulloch CM, Ortiz LM and Davis RM is right tactics? Yeh, that's what got us playing good football since beginning of pre-season right? Get real.

who would you have played.

I agree edu/mcculloch is an unacceptable partnership in the long term but in the short term we don't really have that many other options

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously we have different level of ambition when it comes to Glasgow Rangers FC. This was against a very poor Swedish mid table team. We were controlling but not making many chances due to a midfield with no creativity whatsoever apart from Davis who is shunted out right.

How about the other matches? Malmo at home? Hearts? I'm utterly shocked that you feel the tactics are working for us.

Davis's best matches for Rangers have been on the right, to claim otherwise would be utterly ridiculous.

I wouldnt all jump on this Wylde has to be playing crap

He is a very average player at his current ability who has gained a bit of Aaron/Buffel support the less hes playing

From the current squad Id rather see Ortiz given a run out there, if Naismith is going to be on the right

You have some cheek to criticise ally's selections :lol:

Ok smart arse, nice bait post.

What's wrong with Naismith on right, Wylde left with Davis in CM? After all, that's the midfield that beat Kilmarnock away 5-1 last May! ;-)

Might be a little more helpful if you explain why but I guess that was not your intention...

The starting line up was fine. Not the best but Malmo were not a threat. And even after Bambi bombscare got sent off we were still the better team.

2 things pissed me off though with McCoist.

After Bougherra got sent off we were 9 against 11. We were 1 goal up and for me it should have signalled a change defensively and we should have sacrificed a forward to try and shut up shop. He didn't and we paid the price later in the game.

Then after they scored he waited 5 mins before bringing on an untried youth player who really didn't have a clue where he was playing or what to do.

We had Wylde sitting on the bench whose main attribute is pace. The ball over the top out to the channels was our only real tactic with a man less. Instead McCoist made just the one change and sat back hoping it would be enough.

The minute the goal went in it should have signalled a minimum of two immediate changes or indeed all three as we had nothing to lose.

The fact he never changed it and did the exact same in the 1st leg worries me greatly.

Does it mean sack McCoist or give him abuse ...of course it doesn't

However even this early it has left a lot of us scratching our heads trying to work out what he was thinking by not changing things when we were heading out the competition.

I would have played players in their natural positions.

Naismith Davis Edu/McCulloch Wylde

Up front Jelavic Healy/Fleck/Hemmings

Wouldn't complain about that selection myself. I'd like to see Fleck up with Jelavic. I thought he looked good there when we tried it last season.

However, it's not really a million miles away from what we're putting out there. I guess my issue is when folk complain that this squad is so pish that we absolutely need new players in to even win a game against Malmo which, to be fair, you weren't doing.

Would we have won the game without the Ill discipline, in your opinion ?

Thet key components of that Kilmarnock midfield were available which is our main weakness at the moment.

You critised my choice of who I would have played against Malmo and in other matches beforehand without even having the decency of saying why you think it's a poor choice and now you want to move the discussion. Don't think so.

Main point is that Ally is playing players out of position while he has players who can fit into his formation. We are playing shit and losing out already on significant money which would enhance our club. And don't even get me started on his lack of changing tactics and substituions when its obviously not working in a match.

Do you think we would have won the match without the substitutions, why would you be scared to answer that question ?

You failed to answer twice now on why you think my selection is bad. Your obviously not wishing to discuss this in good faith so....

Listen to yourselves. Rangers fans?

For the past 3 years The Rangers have defied their critics. "their squad is too thin" they said. "they havent signed many players" they said. But still the management stayed focused, the players kept their heads down and worked hard and the new cabinet was ordered for the ibrox trophy room. A management that consisted of one Super Alistair Murdoch McCoist. A man that is, in my opinion as a lifelong Rangers fan, one of the greatest Rangers. One worthy of the tag "Bluenose". Exceeding it. A man that has stood beside Walter Smith, studied and learned from one of the best in the game, priceless information a phonecall away.

After 4 games of a season (a win and a draw in the league which apparently is enough to call for axing a manager these days) you are willing to stand against what we have been achieving for the past 3 years. Dominance over our greatest rivals. That feeling you get when you walk past a guy wearing the hoops in the street after we've just won a title. The smug grin. The same smug grin super ally will have on his face at the end of the season. Those who attended the Hearts game will have been handed the personal message from Craig Whyte, Rangers fan and Chairman. While the hustle and bustle was going on around me, i sat in my seat and i read it. And if i was to summarise it i would say he is calling for us all to get behind the team, stamp out the stupid bigotry stuff that we've let go on for so long that its poisoned our culture and destroyed our image worldwide. Get behind the team in this time of change.

But nope, 4 games and a hero should fall, a club is in crisis and the players with 3 medals around their necks are being told they dont have what it takes.

You should be ashamed

Ok...I can understand why you don't want to make an arse of yourself answering such a simple question....well a bigger arse of yourself than wanting John fleck to play :lol:

I didn't say I wanted John Fleck to play specifically but gave him as a choice from 3 forwards available at the time.

You still didn't answer my question. Guess your only out to try and ridicule people who you disagree with even though your not willing to put out your own opinion for debate. Looks like your the one making an arse of yourself.

I didn't say I wanted John Fleck to play specifically but gave him as a choice from 3 forwards available at the time.

You still didn't answer my question. Guess your only out to try and ridicule people who you disagree with even though your not willing to put out your own opinion for debate. Looks like your the one making an arse of yourself.

you are ridiculing yourself without any help from me..... :lol:

john fleck ...match winner.. :lol:

You are saying mccoist got it wrong but won't say if you think it looked like rangers would win the game with the team he picked...it doesn't take much to work out why you won't answer that question...

2 things pissed me off though with McCoist.

After Bougherra got sent off we were 9 against 11. We were 1 goal up and for me it should have signalled a change defensively and we should have sacrificed a forward to try and shut up shop. He didn't and we paid the price later in the game.

given where the second goal came from idon't think another defender would have helped, we had a hole in the midfield all night that their players walked through.

didn't anyone else notice that they hardly ever had the ball in the air? they just walked it through the midfield anytime they had posession.

you are ridiculing yourself without any help from me..... :lol:

john fleck ...match winner.. :lol:

You are saying mccoist got it wrong but won't say if you think it looked like rangers would win the game with the team he picked...it doesn't take much to work out why you won't answer that question...

Still going through puberty I see. Don't worry when you come out of it you won't make such an asshole of yourself. (at least I hope not)

Rangers could and should have won with any team he picked given they were a poor mid table Swedish club. However if he had used a better choice of players and positions I feel we would have wiped the floor with such a poor Swedish team IN BOTH MATCHES. Obviously we didn't because Allys formation and choices allowed us to be beaten at home by such a pish poor team.

This is not only about 1 game, we have played 4 games now with this dreadful team lineup and it's been awful to watch.

if we played john fleck or hemmingswe would have wiped the floor with all before us...i've heard it all now.

when Mccoist has his own personel then will be the time to judge him...not before. He picked a team that would have won that game easily had it not been for the two sendings off. It's hilarious that you can't bring yourself to admit that and makes your agenda clear.

Another new poster for admin to deal with (or not as the case may be). They should close registration after occasions like wednesday.

if we played john fleck or hemmingswe would have wiped the floor with all before us...i've heard it all now.

when Mccoist has his own personel then will be the time to judge him...not before. He picked a team that would have won that game easily had it not been for the two sendings off. It's hilarious that you can't bring yourself to admit that and makes your agenda clear.

Another new poster for admin to deal with (or not as the case may be). They should close registration after occasions like wednesday.

I have every right to my opinion on how McCoist is playing his team right now. What's wrong with that? Your obiously blinded by your loyalty like a dog with his master. Seems you dont like any critisism of Rangers performances or debate on how they could be improved. Shame, I thought that's what these discussion forums were for.

What time I registered does not alter my right to opinion on team formation nor make your childish replies appear any more reasonable. I had a feeling someone of your calibre would bring something that retarded into a discussion about player choice and formation.

Put your team up or stfu!

He's picked Edu & McCulloch 3 games out of three.

They've both been rank in all.

They're terrible.

He keeps playing them.

That's bad football management.

And not harsh.

Well said - he could also have tried Broadfoot at RB because what we're getting from Whittaker has been crap! Even though Kirk is naff at CB you get the feeling that's where McCoist will play him!

For a man to improve he needs to start ticking the right boxes - sadly Ally seems to be making a cunt out of the job! His time is running out tbh I have a feeling that Ally doesn't believe he can do it!

when Mccoist has his own personel then will be the time to judge him...not before. He picked a team that would have won that game easily had it not been for the two sendings off. It's hilarious that you can't bring yourself to admit that

and makes your agenda clear.

Another new poster for admin to deal with (or not as the

case may be). They should close registration after

occasions like wednesday.

If you have a problem with a member use the report button.