Lee Mcculloch

Nicolas Cage

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when your supposed defensive mid gets himself booked for a fucking needless tackle on the halfway line when you are already down to 10men and trying to hold a 1 goal lead in a vital euro tie, then that tells you all you need to know about his mentality and ability

whittaker and boughie were sent off, but after that booking mcculloch might as well have been also, one wrong tackle after that and he wopuld have been off, great way for a defensive mid to play in the second half :dry:

a straight choice between him and edu, it has to be edu to partner davis, both mcculloch and edu have no positional sense, cannot tackle and their marking skills are awful, but at least edu is quick and mobile enough to eventually put himself in between the opponent and our goal, if mcculloch ends up behind play he has no chance of getting back into it

and to think he got a new 2 year deal as well :anguish:

It was a 3 year deal :(

Rated our best player in The Sun, got a 9.

Only neutral article I have seen with player ratings etc.

No doubt he is the scapegoat, played well last night.

But that's a scummy paper paul :rolleyes:

Thought myself Lee did well especially at Centre Half, by far and away a lot better than some of the guy's and people saying Edu was better than him, did you all not see him get outmuscled by Larsson about 5 times and also get ripped a new one by their winger ? I like Edu and he is better there than that twat Whittaker for me but to slate McCulloch and no one else is stupidity.

Thought myself Lee did well especially at Centre Half, by far and away a lot better than some of the guy's and people saying Edu was better than him, did you all not see him get outmuscled by Larsson about 5 times and also get ripped a new one by their winger ? I like Edu and he is better there than that twat Whittaker for me but to slate McCulloch and no one else is stupidity.

Larsson took the piss out of Bougherra in every high ball at Ibrox aswell

He is just the scapegoat.

Played well and still gets a thread on this forum.

He always gets rated well by papers etc. Daily Record and The Sun both rate him highly based on yesterdays game and that says something.

Slate the guy when he deserves it like the last 2 weeks and I will agree but when he plays well and its an obvious dislike of the player it starts to get pathetic.

Worst player in our starting 11 by some distance. Edu is also poor but very, very occasionaly he is o.k. "Jig" or "Big Lee" is a rent a quote waste of space who has been tried in every position and been equally rubbish in a ll of them.

If he is just a scapegoat as some are suggesting why do teams time and time again get a free run at our big four? Surely "Big Lee" the tough guy midfielder should been protecting our centre backs? Why can he never get close enough to anyone to disrupt play? Why does he have the mobility and turning speed of a Dover to Calais ferry? Why on earth is such an oaf playing in such an important position when he cannot tackle, intercept or pass a football?

He is just the scapegoat.

Played well and still gets a thread on this forum.

He always gets rated well by papers etc. Daily Record and The Sun both rate him highly based on yesterdays game and that says something.

Slate the guy when he deserves it like the last 2 weeks and I will agree but when he plays well and its an obvious dislike of the player it starts to get pathetic.

As the guy who started this thread, I didn't start it because I dislike him, I just thought he was utterly anonymous when he was playing centre mid. He did a decent job as a centre back though, even though he maybe could have blocked the game-winning shot. He's one of a few big problems we have in our team.

Whittaker was mostly to blame for last night, followed closely by Bougherra. Ortiz was poor, even though he wasn't playing in his preferred position. Davis didn't play very well either in my opinion. I thought Naismith & Jelavic were big threats up front, Wallace looks very good in my opinion.

Just because the Sun/Record say he played well doesn't mean he actually did. Just because I'm saying he played badly doesn't mean he actually did, it's all about opinions and mine is that playing him in midfield is hampering our team.

Lee McCulloch is the only player in the world who, despite our team being down to 9 men, can still manage to hide. I have discovered a way to prove his incompetence. Next time rangers are playing, do not look at the lineup. Tune in 5 minutes after the start of the game and see how long it takes you to realise McCulloch is playing. Against St Johnstone, i missed the first 10mins cause i was working and it took me until the 40th minute before i realised he was actually playing. Usually when you do realise he is playing, its from him fouling somebody.

The whole "midfield anchor" bullshit that the uberfans on here claim is nothing short of a myth and again, this can be proved. Against Malmo, first leg, Ally was quoted after the game as saying he "wanted to keep lee sitting there". "there" being this anchor role which he supposedly fills. Against them in the first leg as we were pressing forward, every time they hit us on the break, they were able to run 45yards unchalleneged before a DEFENDER had to close them down.

At CB he is not terrible, but as a central midfielder, my god he makes Edu look like Xavi.

His interview was worse, saying, the ref was influenced and the players badly missed the fans. I'm sorry Lee, that doesn't stack up with me, 2 players where sent off, and at least another 3 could have gone off due to a lack of discipline. Take a look in the mirror, and tell the Charlie big times to do the same.

Spot on mate (tu)

Lee McCulloch is the only player in the world who, despite our team being down to 9 men, can still manage to hide. I have discovered a way to prove his incompetence. Next time rangers are playing, do not look at the lineup. Tune in 5 minutes after the start of the game and see how long it takes you to realise McCulloch is playing. Against St Johnstone, i missed the first 10mins cause i was working and it took me until the 40th minute before i realised he was actually playing. Usually when you do realise he is playing, its from him fouling somebody.

The whole "midfield anchor" bullshit that the uberfans on here claim is nothing short of a myth and again, this can be proved. Against Malmo, first leg, Ally was quoted after the game as saying he "wanted to keep lee sitting there". "there" being this anchor role which he supposedly fills. Against them in the first leg as we were pressing forward, every time they hit us on the break, they were able to run 45yards unchalleneged before a DEFENDER had to close them down.

At CB he is not terrible, but as a central midfielder, my god he makes Edu look like Xavi.

The holding midfielder should be found playing on the pitch 10 yards either side of the centre circle, like they way you see Busquets playing for Barcelona or for those that saw the Copa America Arevalo of Uruguay always first to the loose balls in midfield, first to challange the opponents when they enter your half and when he gets it plays it quickly to the more creative players.

All I see McCulloch doing is getting caught up the park when we are attacking leaving a massive gaping hole in the midfield, committing stupid fouls which almost always result in bookings leaving him even more useless on the park, when he's defending he hops skips does his wee jig whilst pointing to where he should be which is where the ball is, but hey he can play a sweeping pass out to the right that spends so much time in the air that when it reaches the target the defender is there to make a tackle!

As i've said before, to anyone that still defends him watch the final 3 matches of last season, we completely dominated them the opposition couldn't get out of their own half, as soon as he came on for the last half hour of each game it was open season on our defence and shooty in at McGregor.

Just watching the Hearts game...Ian Black to replace him? ph34r.gif

If he hadn't repeatedly tried to cripple our players then I would say yes. He is exactly the kind of player that we are missing, and would quickly become very popular with the fans, had it not been for the Jelavic incident in particular. Knowing Hearts, there would probably be a £10million price tag on his head

If he hadn't repeatedly tried to cripple our players then I would say yes. He is exactly the kind of player that we are missing, and would quickly become very popular with the fans, had it not been for the Jelavic incident in particular. Knowing Hearts, there would probably be a £10million price tag on his head

I like him as a player. He isn't the kind of guy one would want at The Rangers though. Nearly cost us the league last season with his tackle on Jelavic. Did score against Celtic when Hearts beat them 2-0 at Tynecastle. You're probably right about Hearts wanting an inflated fee for him as well.