Gullermo Andres Lopez - Trial

Ted E Bayer

for a chance to decide if he is worth taking on board, just because it is a loan, we should still have a look at what we are getting before agreeing to pay his wages

I agree with the reasoning/thought behind it. Just had never heard of it before.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know cos Barcs are just like every other club aren't they D'OH

We don't need loan players,we need players to take us forward.

Barca are no different to any other club in the sense the current manager has a lot to say about who stays or moves at any given time.

There's not a lot of point in bemoaning the loan system as it's here to stay. And, for example, Weiss is a good indication of how loan players can still bring much to the table. I'm also delighted we have Bartley as another example.

Barca are no different to any other club in the sense the current manager has a lot to say about who stays or moves at any given time.

There's not a lot of point in bemoaning the loan system as it's here to stay. And, for example, Weiss is a good indication of how loan players can still bring much to the table. I'm also delighted we have Bartley as another example.

But remember Fabregas was 16 when he went on loan.

I'm not bemoaning the loan system i'm bemoaning our transfer system.We were promised a marquee signing,£15m to spend and have offered derisory sums for the quality we need and then we go out and loan in an 18 year old when we need 4 quality additions IMO for the Maribor game.

Weiss and Bartley were great last season but we were waiting on new owners and were skint,things were meant to be different this season.

I like bringing in players on loan. I hate the 'we shouldn't be blooding other team's youngsters' argument. If the player comes here for a season and performs then brilliant. If he's only here for a season then so what? It's really not uncommon for players to be bought, play for a club for season and then move on. Yes, we want to build a team, but when you've got a solid spine, adding extra players to it benefits the squad. We shouldn't be scared of competition for places; it's a luxury we've not had for some time. If this guy impresses and we sign him, I hope he starts every game and scores 40 goals this season before going back to Villareal.

Well said that man!

I like bringing in players on loan. I hate the 'we shouldn't be blooding other team's youngsters' argument. If the player comes here for a season and performs then brilliant. If he's only here for a season then so what? It's really not uncommon for players to be bought, play for a club for season and then move on. Yes, we want to build a team, but when you've got a solid spine, adding extra players to it benefits the squad. We shouldn't be scared of competition for places; it's a luxury we've not had for some time. If this guy impresses and we sign him, I hope he starts every game and scores 40 goals this season before going back to Villareal.

but it just retards the growth of our own youths. you know the ones we own.