Big Sam Lines Up Laff Bid

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why not if the money can go towards another 2 players

not to mention the silly wages we'll have been paying lafferty

Based purely on our dealings so far, we're really in no position to let any half-decent squad members go.

Isnt it odd that the fans willing to sell Lafferty are also the same set screaming we need players in as we have no depth in our squad.

Also why would you want to sell a striker who has came off the back of his best goalscoring season at the club and has shown much more improved performances.

It honesty kills me to say it but we have some right arseholes in our support with no clue what they are talking about and just moan and grump about buying players!

£3m+ and we had another striker lined up i would possibly sell

Jamie Murphy could be bought for £1m believe. Weren't Rangers also interested in a striker called Trickovski (who could also be bought for around £1m). Or even Jelavic's old strike partner. Lafferty has had three seasons now and I can't help but think we should cut our loses and give someone else a chance.

Also, Lafferty's hat-trick against Dunfermline was no great shakes. Dunfermline are a first division side and we won 7-2 that night against a very poor side. The highlight that night was Jelavic's overhead kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9eiyEsKQw4

Lafferty is the best striker we have aside jelavic, so he must stay unless we can sign someone else. Healy, Beattie etc have made no impact, and whilst at one point in their careers they might have been an asset to us, they are no more than jersey fillers at the moment.

I am not Lafferty's biggest fan, but he does have talent, whenever I see him play for NI he is always brilliant. He finished last season very well, and he can play on the left if need be. He is tall, pacy and gets stuck in. Yes he does miss chances, and his scoring record could be better, but unless we have someone better lined up he stays.

Incidentally I think the only reason Ally has kept Healy and Beattie is that he hopes he can coax them back into form.

Kerkar is the one that puzzles me. What is the point? Loan the boy away and hope someone is daft enough to buy him in a year.

Jamie Murphy could be bought for £1m believe. Weren't Rangers also interested in a striker called Trickovski (who could also be bought for around £1m). Or even Jelavic's old strike partner. Lafferty has had three seasons now and I can't help but think we should cut our loses and give someone else a chance.

Also, Lafferty's hat-trick against Dunfermline was no great shakes. Dunfermline are a first division side and we won 7-2 that night against a very poor side. The highlight that night was Jelavic's overhead kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9eiyEsKQw4

Lafferty is better than Jamie Murphy.

To the people who say they'd happily sell him; do you honestly trust our regime to sign a better replacement? Or any replacement at all?

I believe we'll sign a striker during this window yes. I think we'll sign a striker no matter what happens with Lafferty. I also think that striker will have a good chance of partnering Jelavic and leaving Lafferty on the sidelines.

Isnt it odd that the fans willing to sell Lafferty are also the same set screaming we need players in as we have no depth in our squad.

Also why would you want to sell a striker who has came off the back of his best goalscoring season at the club and has shown much more improved performances.

It honesty kills me to say it but we have some right arseholes in our support with no clue what they are talking about and just moan and grump about buying players!

Because people have a different opinion than yourself that makes them an arsehole? hmmm, sounds like the thinking of a proper ring piece.

Regards,

Butthole

Only reason Big Sam is after him is because the same player down south would cost him triple or quadruple. Raiding the SPL is the cheap option, especially given the now lengthy track record of players going down there and doing very well.

Plus Big Sam loves the long ball, physical approach, and after watching the Hammers at the weekend they are way too flaky. Anyone who thinks they are favourites for promotion are talking absolute moronic shite.

And buy who? Incase you haven't noticed we've not done to well in transfer dealings so far and doesn't look like there's many players banging on the door at Murray park trying to sign

If we sell him for that kind of money, which wont happen, we could find a better striker for half of that, im sure, and we can also bring one more quality player.