Big Sam Lines Up Laff Bid

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought him for £3.5m....

He is now a better player with CL experience...

WHY THE FUCK WOULD WE WANT TO MAKE A LOSS?!!

He has hardly proved value for money in that time though, and the money we paid doesn't reflect on the talent we were getting or what we have recieved in return.

Not that I think letting him go would be a smart idea, but could you really justify asking more than you paid for someone for someone that has been by enlarge poor to average ,or injured, for the last 3 seasons, with only a couple of small bursts of good form over the period.

Would you value Laffertys performances over the 3 years as over £3.5m pounds worth, on the whole?

To the people who say they'd happily sell him; do you honestly trust our regime to sign a better replacement? Or any replacement at all?

good point, my previous post was a tad hasty, but if the 2mil was available we could get a better forward than Laff.

£3m and they can have Beattie and healey too

i cant see any takers for beattie what a waste of money he is all he has done since joining us is keep the club doctor in a job lol we should just terminate his contract

good point, my previous post was a tad hasty, but if the 2mil was available we could get a better forward than Laff.

If the 2mil was available we would have signed goodwillie. Lafferty offer should be rejected. Think the big man will have a good season when he comes back. If we get rid of him we'll only have 1 good striker left.

If the 2mil was available we would have signed goodwillie. Lafferty offer should be rejected. Think the big man will have a good season when he comes back. If we get rid of him we'll only have 1 good striker left.

Aye i meant if his transfer fee could be reinvested. Each to their own on Lafferty, opinion is split on the lads abilty however the fact that his ability, or lack of, is still in question after so long at the club, (what is it 3 years now?)tells its own story.

Aye i meant if his transfer fee could be reinvested. Each to their own on Lafferty, opinion is split on the lads abilty however the fact that his ability, or lack of, is still in question after so long at the club, (what is it 3 years now?)tells its own story.

Our squad is already wafer thin. If u do or don't like him still makes no sense to sell. He does have ability it's just taking time for him to show it which is annoying. In those 3 years. Scored 1st against Dundee utd won league. Scored winner hibs won league. Scored hatrik killie won league. I know you'll say he produces at end of season which is correct but I think this year if played alongside Jelavic he could be a key player all season.

In an ideal world i would keep him, as you say our squad tiny. However its become clear we dont have many funds to play with, so if we can wheel and deal, 2 mil is a good but of business aslong as we had a striker lined up to replace him. Christ there was a time, i would have paid the lad to leave he was that shite, admittadly he had a good run in the latter stages of last season, however it would be better if we could get a player who could play well throughout a season. A man of the less twatish variety would be ideal also.