Scott Allan

Dundee United's 19 year old midfield playmaker described as " The hottest property in Scottish football " completely ran the show last night as Scotland under 21's defeated Norway 3-0.

Apparently Ally McCoist was at the game keeping an eye on one or two of our own youngsters but left very impressed with the kid from Glasgow.

Anyone know anything about him?...... Is he a Bear.. :crabflute:

Should we be looking to bring this boy in before the big clubs down South start taking an interest and his value soars.

Your thoughts..... :sherlock:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus man! They wouldn't sell us Goodwillie, what are the chances of them selling us "Scotland's hottest property in football"?! They wouldn't and they never will sell us a top player of theirs!

Bitter Loyal - United's favourite loyalist group!

Never even heard of him.

Doubt he is the "hottest property in scottish football".

Surely that would go to someone like Fyvie.

Fyvie's very good but he sustained a bad injury (knee ligament?) and I haven't heard much of him since.

I don't know much about Allan but by all acoounts he's a bit special and I was hoping one or two of our resident experts... :sherlock: could help out.

I think you may be right but I would like to see us in about him. We should be looking to bring in all the best young Scottish players available.

Only got a year left on his deal (according to the record).

Defo mate if you look at the players that went south in recent years,

Snodgrass

Griffiths

Halliday

Dorrans

you wonder why we never went for them, they cost buttons from what I remember.

This guy is an exciting prospect I think we should make an offer before his stock rises, a reasonable offer from us would be good. Johnny Russell is also someone I rate if only he was a bear.

He's very highly rated with all the Scotland coaching staff and many believe he's the best thing we've produced in a very long time. Billy Stark described him as "terrific" and I'd be surprised if Ally didn't make a wee enquiry or two.

Fyvie is a player I'd love at Ibrox. I think he's got a big, big future and he should be within our transfer "structure"

A lot of my mates are sheepshaggers and they all wax lyrical about him all the time.

The injury (cruciate) will probably set him back a bit, but apparaently he's spent a lot of time in the gym and he's looking a lot more physically developed than he was when he got injured and he played pretty well against St Johnstone on the opening day too.

Jesus man! They wouldn't sell us Goodwillie, what are the chances of them selling us "Scotland's hottest property in football"?! They wouldn't and they never will sell us a top player of theirs!

Of course they would BUT NOT FOR LESS than they were getting elsewhere with better terms. The less said about our handling of the Goodwillie debacle the better.

Only got a year left on his deal (according to the record).

Defo mate if you look at the players that went south in recent years,

Snodgrass

Griffiths

Halliday

Dorrans

you wonder why we never went for them, they cost buttons from what I remember.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make. Dorrans and Snodgrass would be great signings but are out of our range now.

Was at the game, didn't know who he was until he got subbed off but spent most of the game wondering who the number 8 was. He was excellent, played well in a midfield 3 with Liam Kelly of Killie and Tom Cairney of Hull, who was also very good. Would love to see him snapped up. Wylde, unfortunately, was pretty poor. Wasn't at it all game, poor first touch and during one promising move, just hoofed the ball out for a goal kick when the pass was easily on.