A Review Of Our Signings So Far.

Jelavic9

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spot on with ratings. I would like to see ortiz on the right before I judge him properly but 6/10 is about right on this deal. Lee wallace is going to be our left back for years to come and I have been impressed with him so far well worth 1.5 million.

Wouldn't disagree with they ratings tbh.

I have been very impressed with Goian and Wallace, Ortiz not at all and Bartley has played half a game but I think he'll be better than he was last year, hes only going to improve. (tu)

Thing that reeeeeeeeeeally frustrates me though is I watched our pre-season games in Germany and Ortiz looked a real threat and very direct, guess the position he was playing? Ye guessed correctly, RM.

Wouldn't disagree with they ratings tbh.

I have been very impressed with Goian and Wallace, Ortiz not at all and Bartley has played half a game but I think he'll be better than he was last year, hes only going to improve. (tu)

Thing that reeeeeeeeeeally frustrates me though is I watched our pre-season games in Germany and Ortiz looked a real threat and very direct, guess the position he was playing? Ye guessed correctly, RM.

Agree, people questioning Ortiz already is shocking. He has not had a shot at his right position.

LET'S ALL BE NEGATIVE YEAH. LEE WALLACE FUCK SAKE WHO'S HE? HE'S BEEN BRILLIANT SO FAR BUT HE CAME FROM THE SPL SO HE MUST BE SHITE NOT RANGERS CLASS EVEN THOUGH HE'S HOLDING DOWN THE LEFT BACK POSITION

BARTLEY FS, CAN YOU GUYS NOT SEE HE'S NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THINK? EVEN THOUGH HE'S SIGNED A NEW DEAL WITH ARSENAL AND IS STILL A YOUNG GUY

AYE WE'RE SHITE MAN, ABSOLUTELY DOOMED!

LET'S ALL BE NEGATIVE YEAH. LEE WALLACE FUCK SAKE WHO'S HE? HE'S BEEN BRILLIANT SO FAR BUT HE CAME FROM THE SPL SO HE MUST BE SHITE NOT RANGERS CLASS EVEN THOUGH HE'S HOLDING DOWN THE LEFT BACK POSITION

BARTLEY FS, CAN YOU GUYS NOT SEE HE'S NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THINK? EVEN THOUGH HE'S SIGNED A NEW DEAL WITH ARSENAL AND IS STILL A YOUNG GUY

AYE WE'RE SHITE MAN, ABSOLUTELY DOOMED!

Yawn, yawn yawn.

Ortiz is getting better and better- he's taking much less time to move the ball, and put in a few lovely balls yesterday.

Lee Wallace has done himself proud. He'll run and run all day, and has been an asset both going forward and in defence.

Goian has been solid. Helped Perry through the game yesterday, and already seems like he's been here for ages.

Bartley is still perhaps a bit too rash with a few challenges, but aside from that, you can see he's going to be a top defender.

I agree with all of these points! I think Ortiz is taking a lot of unjustified criticism. He does put in some lovely balls. I personally think that him and Wallace work really well together!

I took into consideration his performances last season.

I had thought that but you can't apply similar logic to Ortiz or Goian. My point is that until we have seen over a 1/4 of the season we cannot really begin to apply such judgements on our signings and loans, regardless of what they have done in the past, otherwise we could right back to Ortiz and Goian's prime periods. They are here to do a job and we need to judge them at filling their varied positions. I do not think Bartley, Goian or Ortiz are first choices for Ally. Lee Wallace is looking like a top investment if all goes well, he will have bad patches, lets hope Bears get on his side.

I like Ortiz, I think too many have jumped on his back too soon.

He does alot of things that'll go under the radar of alot of the fans. Type of player who suits it when we are in need of keeping possession and so on, away games I think he's ideal.

A very similar type of 'winger', if you could call him a that, to Dirk Kuyt.

I had thought that but you can't apply similar logic to Ortiz or Goian. My point is that until we have seen over a 1/4 of the season we cannot really begin to apply such judgements on our signings and loans, regardless of what they have done in the past, otherwise we could right back to Ortiz and Goian's prime periods. They are here to do a job and we need to judge them at filling their varied positions. I do not think Bartley, Goian or Ortiz are first choices for Ally. Lee Wallace is looking like a top investment if all goes well, he will have bad patches, lets hope Bears get on his side.

I felt like expressing my views on our new transfers. Sorry if you feel they are unjustified but they are my views.

Happy with all 4 signings.

Delighted with a net spend of only 300 grand for quality in

Concerned by hole left by Bougherra.

Overall, content but think we still need a few quality additions in areas which have needed strengthened for a while now.

Goian needs a partner

Davis needs a partner

We need a left winger

Jelavic deserves a partner of quality.

Having spend almost no money so far, getting those 4 quality first team additions should not be hard.

Not sure if McKay will be Davis' partner or our new left winger.

I felt like expressing my views on our new transfers. Sorry if you feel they are unjustified but they are my views.

Not stopping you, just as you are not stopping me expressing my views upon your views. Don't apologise for your views. Express them freely, this isn't the Catholic church. :rolleyes: just think it's a little premature.

im happy with the lads we got in and getting shagger davis and whitts to commit to the club. the club is a lot more sturdy now and we need team players and the 3 boys we bought are team players, bartley is good to have on loan but i dont want us to have a lot of loan signings again (although i'd love to have weiss back). i think wallace is a good left back and will improve. we really need a pacey winger with experience and everyone knows we need a new ST for jela.

Last season Vladimir Weiss was taken off at half time a few times and he was having as bad a time as Ortiz has had yet we persist with him. I cannot understand why he is on the left as he has no pace and always cuts back onto the right! His crossing is crap as well. I don't think he could ever excite me.