Captain Davis

Muff

Aye coz big Davie always started our crusading attacks! Behave you. Defence is ok. Its middle to front(especially) we have real issues.

i wish i shared your optomism on the defence being fine. bartley aint exactly that experienced and this groin injury may plague him off and on at times throughout the season as thats what they type of injuries are like. goian and boca gave that mob tonight a good few headed chances for my liking and whether or not boca just stepped off the plane or not,that is his bread and butter.

i agree middle to front is a shambles and why we persist on playing 5 in midfield,which is basically saying we do not have faith to send out our team with 4 midfielders because they are shite and we will get over run, is beyond me. we are so boring to watch its unreal.

i thought we got a reality check with malmo but tonight, even though the tie aint over yet, was a kick in the teeth.

Defence is crap,we shouldnt be conceding goals the way we have.

I agree the problem is a creative edge,Naismith seems more intent on getting booked every game.

My point was more about Weir being the captain

Naismith hasnt kicked a ball since day 1 pre season. Hes another one not playing for the manager.

Weir is done, its time we moved on. Captain is the least of our worries mate.

i wish i shared your optomism on the defence being fine. bartley aint exactly that experienced and this groin injury may plague him off and on at times throughout the season as thats what they type of injuries are like. goian and boca gave that mob tonight a good few headed chances for my liking and whether or not boca just stepped off the plane or not,that is his bread and butter.

i agree middle to front is a shambles and why we persist on playing 5 in midfield,which is basically saying we do not have faith to send out our team with 4 midfielders because they are shite and we will get over run, is beyond me. we are so boring to watch its unreal.

i thought we got a reality check with malmo but tonight, even though the tie aint over yet, was a kick in the teeth.

Bocanegra didnt look like a centre half, we may need to rethink what happens in there. I could see tonight exactly what everyones reservations were about him.

Midfield has been a shambles for years but we have got away with it for so long, Ally probably thinks its fine. Boring is correct.

My reality check was losing to a German 4th division team, friendly or not, first game back or not, alarm bells were ringing big time even then!

:(

Some people say the captain's armband is not all that important, well for me it is.

Fantastic player but not captain material.

We lack a leaders along with various other things.

Edu, McCulloch and McCoist will be getting it tight, but Davis, our captain failed to show up tonight.

Agree. He is much to quiet on the pitch. Certainly not a leader.......and (dare I say it) not the outstanding player many think he is.

Nights like this was when guys like Ferguson would be screaming at those around him, and trying anything and everything to get on the ball and make something happen.

That's what being a captain is.

Davis is a smashing player, but he doesn't fit the bill of a captain.

Nights like this was when guys like Ferguson would be screaming at those around him, and trying anything and everything to get on the ball and make something happen.

Never a captain , but he is not a smashing player either , very average to many times and tonight he was shocking ..........

Given a few weeks to settle I think Bocanegra could be a good captain.

I don't believe in given a new player the captaincy, the captaincy belongs to a player who truly loves the club and is whiling to give 110% to prove it.

Steve is a smashing player and clearly isn't captain material but while Fergie played in a midfield with players like De Boer and Arteta , Steve is lumbered with McCulloch , Edu and Ortiz. :anguish:

Given a few weeks to settle I think Bocanegra could be a good captain.

I don't think he will be a regular.

For me he is too slow and not very good in the air. I'm concerned about the defence.

Whittaker and Wallace are poor defensively and there is absolutely no pace in Goian and Bocanegra.