Dorin Goian

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. I think he is east orthodox tbh

I think you're right. According to Wikipedia, 86.7% of Romanians identify themselves as Orthodox Christian with the vast majority belonging to the Romanian Orthodox Church. I thought Romanians would be mostly Catholic but obviously not.

Correct me if I am wrong but ok for Orthodox church members who are part of the- World Council of Churches- as are Church of Scotland ie nothing to do with Rome

Have no idea. I just thought that he was a Catholic because he crossed himself when he came on to the field for the second half but he probably isn't a Catholic due to statistics about Romania which indicate that he's probably a member of the Romanian Orthodox Church or something like that. Whatever faith he is, he's a good defender.

Seems like the perfect replacement for Weir. Dominant in the air, maybe not quite as dominant as Weir was, he's strong, aggressive, no nonsense and his use of the ball is far better than Weir and he's slightly quicker. Interesting to see how he gets on in harder game, like Celtic, Hearts and Europa League group games if we get there.

If we play like we did the day we'll be in the europa nae problem

hes certainly had a solid start to his rangers career. I have been impressed with him and for apparently less than £1m i think hes been a very shrewd signing. Just goes to show we can get good players in without spending massive amounts of money.

Signing of the summer by a country mile!

Rock of a defender.

What about his scream at the linesman near the end of the first half, had to sit down was slightly scared!

Aye. Was watching on RTV. Couldn't believe my ears... not once but twice. Just came back from the Rise of the planet of the Apes Heard similar sounds at that! :uk: