Players To Keep

The Weaver

Mcgregor,Goian,Naismith and Jelovic the rest can piss off. Weve got 4 players fit to wear the jersey.

Fuck off, sick of utter shite posts like this. Stop being such a reactionary twerp. If you are going by the start of the season the Jelavic is as guilty as the rest. Luckily, we're not all idiots. Top of the league

To be perfectly honest I really wouldn't be bothered if none of them stayed. We should have had a clearout with the change of ownership and when Smith went, including McCoist and his assistants. It was the perfect time to have a brand new start but instead, we'll just bumble along as we have been.

Well..it is easier to say who should go. Now we are out of Europe and face a less cluttered season in terms of games, the wage bill needs trimmed.

IN -

McCoist still needs a striker and a winger, probably loan deals.

OUT -

JAMES BEATTIE (expensive and never fit, must leave ASAP leave!),

ANDREW LITTLE (Surprised the lad got a new contract, nothing against him but he is not going to feature regularly so BEST go for his sake),

SALIM KERKAR (club legend, has done morale a great service but with Bougherra away why is he still here?),

JOHN FLECK (LOAN out to an SPL team..say Hibs..and see what he is made of),

To be perfectly honest I really wouldn't be bothered if none of them stayed. We should have had a clearout with the change of ownership and when Smith went, including McCoist and his assistants. It was the perfect time to have a brand new start but instead, we'll just bumble along as we have been.

Toys out the pram. Should have shifted some dead weights for sure but we have the basis of a team who's won the last 3 titles, only a right eejit shifts all your best players from your title wins

Agreed , would be no great loss if any of them were sold , after watching some of those old clips , there is none of the current squad good enough for any of the past teams we had .......

Agreed , would be no great loss if any of them were sold , after watching some of those old clips , there is none of the current squad good enough for any of the past teams we had .......

Luckily we aren't playing any of the past Corinthians of Parkheads and Aberdeens when they were winning euro trophies then eh? Nothing annoys me more than people who don't realise that football has moved on and Scottish football has no money now. Not as good as gazza and laudrup? Get over it, Scottish football is skint, rangers were so skint we were almost ceasing to exist. Don't act so spoilt

Toys out the pram. Should have shifted some dead weights for sure but we have the basis of a team who's won the last 3 titles, only a right eejit shifts all your best players from your title wins

That would depend on how highly one rates the SPL title and the players who captured it. I fail to see how it's a case of 'toys out the pram'.

Luckily we aren't playing any of the past Corinthians of Parkheads and Aberdeens when they were winning euro trophies then eh? Nothing annoys me more than people who don't realise that football has moved on and Scottish football has no money now. Not as good as gazza and laudrup? Get over it, Scottish football is skint, rangers were so skint we were almost ceasing to exist. Don't act so spoilt

Gazza and Laudrup cost roughly the same as Jelavic and Davis !

Those past teams had players that did not cost a lot of money , but played with heart and never stopped working for the team . Its not to much to ask ......

That would depend on how highly one rates the SPL title and the players who captured it. I fail to see how it's a case of 'toys out the pram'.

Cos you just said you would happily have shifted any of our players and all the backroom staff who have won all our domestic trophies while the club has suffered, they are deserving of respect. Fact is, the SPL is our bread and butter, so that's all we can realistically do. Anything in Europe is a bonus. Sell McGregor and Davis and see if we could win the spl.

It doesn't necessarily take huge riches, just the right people with the right outlook. Why do we see more players from the likes of Slovenia, Croatia, Denmark or Norway plying their trade in the better European leagues but there's a dearth of Scottish talent alongsidd them? Their football doesn't have the same sort of finances that we do.

Gazza and Laudrup cost roughly the same as Jelavic and Davis !

Those past teams had players that did not cost a lot of money , but played with heart and never stopped working for the team . Its not to much to ask ......

Wages my man, and prestige. It's hard to attract players to a shite football league when we can't even offer them big wages.

As for the playing with heart and never stopping working, we've just won 3 titles in a row with a fucking threadbare squad, where everyone worked their balls off. Everybody needs to stop kneejerking after an admittedly disappointing European campaign

Cos you just said you would happily have shifted any of our players and all the backroom staff who have won all our domestic trophies while the club has suffered, they are deserving of respect. Fact is, the SPL is our bread and butter, so that's all we can realistically do. Anything in Europe is a bonus. Sell McGregor and Davis and see if we could win the spl.

You bemoan the negativity on the board, yet you are another one who tells us that we should just accept things as there's nothing we can do to improve it.

Wages my man, and prestige. It's hard to attract players to a shite football league when we can't even offer them big wages.

As for the playing with heart and never stopping working, we've just won 3 titles in a row with a fucking threadbare squad, where everyone worked their balls off. Everybody needs to stop kneejerking after an admittedly disappointing European campaign

In the big scheme of things , winning this mickey mouse league means absolutely nothing , but some on here think it means everything . Right now all it means is we get embarrassed all over again next year .....

There's nothing knee-jerk about it. The problems were there before those diabolical results.

It doesn't necessarily take huge riches, just the right people with the right outlook. Why do we see more players from the likes of Slovenia, Croatia, Denmark or Norway plying their trade in the better European leagues but there's a dearth of Scottish talent alongsidd them? Their football doesn't have the same sort of finances that we do.

Hard to argue with your point, all I'm saying though is that comparatively, it is daft to expect us to sign the same quality of players as we once did because of the rapid downturning of both finances and the prestige of Scottish football.

You bemoan the negativity on the board, yet you are another one who tells us that we should just accept things as there's nothing we can do to improve it.

I'm saying we have a squad good enough to win the spl and that realistically, European involvment is a bonus. That's not negative, that's realistic, what more do you expect?

In the big scheme of things , winning this mickey mouse league means absolutely nothing , but some on here think it means everything . Right now all it means is we get embarrassed all over again next year .....

Then why do yu support rangers? What can they do other than win the domestic trophies? It's always disappointing to be papped out of Europe but after that, you just have to support the domestic campaign, otherwise you surely have no reason to follow the club?

There's nothing knee-jerk about it. The problems were there before those diabolical results.

Problems were there but there was no guaranteed solution. Spunking money on players doesn't guarantee success. Hell, the top two seeds (roma and sevilla) in the Europa league both got knocked out in the play-off round, and they've got fuckin world beaters in their side. It was a shot campaign but there's no point dwelling on it. All Ally can do is win the domestic trophies