John Fleck

Jaapham

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What good is it doing his career to sit on a bench game after game?

All the other talented youths are getting a chance so why not Fleck?

We dont use an attacking centre mid behind a main striker.

He is not a left midfielder, clearly.

He has guaranteed picks of Edu, McCulloch and Davis in front of him in centre mid, and the dig of Ness is deemd more important than the flair of John in there.

He is an attack minded player, Walter picked defence minded teams.

He has had a public falling out with Ally, maybe thats affecting Ally picking him this season.

He was exactly what we needed against both Maribor and Malmo, that creative spark to unlock the oppoenent when the game was flat, boring and playing out time.

If it was upto me i would have him in ACM in front of Ness/Mackay and Davis in a 4-3-3.

I'm not going to sit here and say he has been outstanding in the matches he has played but what I am going to say is that its shocking how little support he gets.

Lafferty has had a hell of a lot more support than Fleck even when Lafferty was doing just as bad a job and at times worse as Fleck out on the left of midfield and Lafferty also got a lot more chances out there a lot more as well. People were quick enough to get on here and say "he's a striker" or "play him in his right position" and when he did he has looked better.

Why does Fleck not get that same support? He has obvious talent and needs a fair chance to show it. The recent emergence of Gregg Wylde shows just how stupid it was from us to play Lafferty and Fleck at LM and now that Lafferty has had his chance I think its about time Fleck gets the support and also opportunity to show what he can do.

I would have liked him to go on loan to a team who would get behind him and give him confidence and also a kick up the arse that he may indeed need.

See, I've no problem with Flecks technical ability. He can pass, he can cross and his shooting isn't too bad although it could be a bit stronger.

The problem I have with Fleck is that he just can't impose himself on a game. Is that because he doesn't get to play in his natural position? I'm not sure, but I'd always look for him to impose himself on a game in someway and he very rarely does. I think the ability is there but he doesn't really get into it enough.

We dont use an attacking centre mid behind a main striker.

If it was upto me i would have him in ACM in front of Ness/Mackay and Davis in a 4-3-3.

I'd like to see that, no reason we shouldn't be playing 4-3-3, offers more support to Davis in CM and to Jelavic up front (when he's fit obviously)

I'd play a front six of

Ness-Davis-McKay

Naismith-Jelavic-Lafferty/Bedoya/Whoever's fit

I'd like to see that, no reason we shouldn't be playing 4-3-3, offers more support to Davis in CM and to Jelavic up front (when he's fit obviously)

I'd play a front six of

Ness-Davis-McKay

Naismith-Jelavic-Lafferty/Bedoya/Whoever's fit

All too often when we set up 4-4-3, within 5 mins it becomes 4-5-1 and we are on the back foot. Not enough, skill, pace or urgency to keep 3 players in attacking positions.

(tu)

See, I've no problem with Flecks technical ability. He can pass, he can cross and his shooting isn't too bad although it could be a bit stronger.

The problem I have with Fleck is that he just can't impose himself on a game. Is that because he doesn't get to play in his natural position? I'm not sure, but I'd always look for him to impose himself on a game in someway and he very rarely does. I think the ability is there but he doesn't really get into it enough.

probably the fairest criticism on here.. but did charlie adam ever dominate games when he was here? Not from what i recall, John Flecks a kid, with ability we should be backing him to come good I for one think he will make the grade, Im not sure whether our fans will let it be with us or if it will be with another club.

And if Jonas Fleckardo offered what John Fleck has to the first-team, he'd be shipped-off back home.

This 'foreigner gets the rub' cliche is a lot of shite.

John Fleck isn't good enough. Anyone who says he IS is looking at the situation through rose-tinted glasses. The fact is he isn't pregressing the way he should, at 20 he is still NOWHERE near the level needed.

Foreigners don't get the rub of the green, but anyone who we paid money for certainly does from the management at least.