Anti-protestant Bigotry

YoungCitizen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers and the Orange Order are not intertwined no matter what anyone may wish. The examples on this thread is Bigotry directed towards the Orange Order, not Rangers.

They are definately not intertwined.

But Rangers fans and the OO have something in common which marks them out for attacks from bigots and racists.

I don't know what you mean by that. Do you mean religion? Not all Rangers fans are Protestant.

The OO and probably a majority of Rangers fans are unapologetic Protestants, or at least come from a Protestant background.

Our ability to see them for what they are scares them.

If you don't have a good word to say about the Irish (or British) or Catholics (or Protestants) then you're a bigot. Pretty simple. The OP is right in highlighting scum angry bigot's illiterate daubings (obviously) but could you just imagine the rage that would be engendered if I was to post up pictures of equally ridiculous anti catholic graffiti and slogans? I'd be accused of being every sectarian pejorative under the sun in a millisecond.

For fucks sake grow up!

Where did i call the Irish or Catholics.

The ethos of dignity is one many posters preach about when talking about our great Club.

Sadly, as shown in this thread, too many posters can't put personal problems behind them and turn to petty insults.

How long before 'Rangers fan my arse' is mentioned in here.

Oh how you guys have cheered me up on this dreich day...!

Minstral nearly choking on his Werther's Original there...!

The young whippersnapper and new breed of fan; TWB increasing the blood pressure of the usual suspects.

Will this thread be a biggie I wonder... or perhaps someone will 'lose the heid' like happened a few weeks ago and the hounds of hell will be released?

The OO and probably a majority of Rangers fans are unapologetic Protestants, or at least come from a Protestant background.

Our ability to see them for what they are scares them.

The OO obviously are but I don't know how true that is of Rangers fans anymore. The majority probably do come from Protestant backgrounds but I doubt many practice their faith anymore.

The ethos of dignity is one many posters preach about when talking about our great Club.

Sadly, as shown in this thread, too many posters can't put personal problems behind them and turn to petty insults.

How long before 'Rangers fan my arse' is mentioned in here.

Perhaps as soon as SWSL gets in after being sent to the ice cream van for a Creme Egg, 10 Club and a bottle o' Bru...?

The OO obviously are but I don't know how true that is of Rangers fans anymore. The majority probably do come from Protestant backgrounds but I doubt many practice their faith anymore.

I didn't mention practicing faith.

But it would be interesting to establish the facts, I suspect an overwhelming majority of bears come from a Protestant background.