Gordon Smith Answers The Questions We All Want To Know

gunner85

Dear xxxx

The renaming of the Stadium and the training park are sensitive matters but both are and will continue to be under consideration going forward.

The kit deal was done by David Murray with JJB. The club received a considerable lump sum for JJB to have the rights to manufacture and distribute kit to retailers, including the Rangers shop. This deal has a period still to run or we could buy it off them. However, it would cost us a considerable amount before we even started to see any return from sales.

The TV rights for our matches are owned by the SPL not the club. We would therefore, not be able to earn from having these matches on Rangers TV.

I hope that this answers the points you have made and I certainly share your sentiment on what we do to the Celts on Sunday

Believe me, we are looking at various income generating initiatives with friendly matches against top class opposition well down the line.

In terms of share issues, this would obviously be a decision for the owner as he would be diminishing his holding in the club.

Regards

Gordon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear xxxx

The renaming of the Stadium and the training park are sensitive matters but both are and will continue to be under consideration going forward.

The kit deal was done by David Murray with JJB. The club received a considerable lump sum for JJB to have the rights to manufacture and distribute kit to retailers, including the Rangers shop. This deal has a period still to run or we could buy it off them. However, it would cost us a considerable amount before we even started to see any return from sales.

The TV rights for our matches are owned by the SPL not the club. We would therefore, not be able to earn from having these matches on Rangers TV.

I hope that this answers the points you have made and I certainly share your sentiment on what we do to the Celts on Sunday

Believe me, we are looking at various income generating initiatives with friendly matches against top class opposition well down the line.

In terms of share issues, this would obviously be a decision for the owner as he would be diminishing his holding in the club.

Regards

Gordon

Good to see we are exploring naming rights for Ibrox and Murray Park which could bring in some much needed income. Although alot may not to like it but it would be a good way of getting more revenue.

Don't think a share issue would work as it didn't last time. Very positive that we are looking at things and fans are getting informed replies to their emails.

Share issues to pay off debt will never work....

Sir David ran up debts and rightly had to put 55 million into the club///Whyte got the club for £1..he should pay the debt off....

Dear xxxx

Regards

Gordon

Why did Smith address the letter to an aussie beer company?

:D

was the last share issue not just for existing share holders ?

I can`t rem there being an issue for anyone to buy shares.

I`m sure murray offered every shareholder the option to buy a new share at £1 per share to the max amount they already have.

I`d def buy into a share Option if it came up for everyone. say a £500 , £1000 , £2000 options or whatever was available.

For all the money we would earn it would be a waste of time.

Minstral i thought the same mate, but to have a company call the staidum the Orange arena for say 5 years earining 20 million (thats just an example folks) it will return to Ibrox after that. If it meant our club avoided administration i would keep it. I used to believe we could sell of Murray Park but the talent is now emerging from there and i am happy with that to remain.

They still call Man city's stadium the City of Manchester stadium despite it being renamed the Etihad stadium. I know its a sensitive issue mate but if it pulled the club out a hole that we couldnt get out of then surely it would matter more? It will always be Ibrox to us

For all the money we would earn it would be a waste of time.

Don't see any reason why we couldn't do it for a lower fee for a five or ten year naming rights deal, after which it reverts back to Ibrox, especially in lieu of our present fiscal situation.

Don't see any reason why we couldn't do it for a lower fee for a five or ten year naming rights deal, after which it reverts back to Ibrox, especially in lieu of our present fiscal situation.

I think thats what we need to realise now. Btw i see exactly where Minstral is coming from with this one but if it meant administration or Orange arena for 5 years i know what i would take

I think thats what we need to realise now. Btw i see exactly where Minstral is coming from with this one but if it meant administration or Orange arena for 5 years i know what i would take

Absolutely.

Orange Ibrox would be fucking heavenly.

The rights issue (not a share issue) never worked because Murray was basically going cap in hand to existing Shareholders asking for their money to help bail him out of his mess. And rightly so.

A new share issue i feel will happen at some point but not until Whyte knows he has the backing of the majoirty of the fans. This may take a year or so but i believe it is crucial for his funding plans and will happen on the back end of other investment news.

As for the renaming of the stadium...it will always be called Ibrox by the Bears regardless.

If however it brings us in say £20M and the tax bill is £20M what do you suggest Whyte does then?