Naisy Gets Two-game Ban

Senna

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was always going to happen when commentators made so much of it during the game and the pundits made such a fuss after the game.

Not sure an appeal would work, while it is repugnant that football commentators and pundits demand players be punished he was pretty stupid doing what he done, so imo, can have no complaints. Sadly part and parcel of the game in this country, we are hated.

Have a word with him and move on.

Was always going to happen when commentators made so much of it during the game and the pundits made such a fuss after the game.

Not sure an appeal would work, while it is repugnant that football commentators and pundits demand players be punished he was pretty stupid doing what he done, so imo, can have no complaints. Sadly part and parcel of the game in this country, we are hated.

Have a word with him and move on.

I hope McCoist and the player and the club are having words with their collective legal eagles.

Appeal this - then move on.

Why is it assumed by most on here that such an appeal is fruitless?

I hope McCoist and the player and the club are having words with their collective legal eagles.

A) Because we are Rangers.

B) He was guilty of an offense.

C) If we appeal it may be increased and he may miss harder matches than the two gimmes coming up.

(tu)

cause hes guilty of foolishness in swinging his arm at mccann

take the ban and make sure we watch every game and report any incident we feel this SFA mob should be looking at.

No dubiety in your eyes? His manager defended the player. His club captain, Davie Weir, defended the player on TV at the weekend stating he was merely trying to unshackle himself from the defenders grip (albeit blindly). The defender himself made no meal of it during or after the game - but when the Rangers-hating media (prompted by the e-mailing Taigs out there no doubt) start the campaign, McCoist's, Weir's or the Dunfermline players opinions are of no consequence?

Of course he has a fucking case - and I sincerely hope the club appeal this to the enth degree.

Of course the manager and club captain are going to defend the player, and because the Dunfermline player didn't make a meal of it that means what, exactly ? That he shouldn't be punished for it ?

If a player playing for the tims, Dundee United, Hearts, Hibs or who ever got away with this during a game against us I'd certainly be wanting them banned.

C) If we appeal it may be increased and he may miss harder matches than the two gimmes coming up.

(tu)

I'm sorry - but what exactly does that first one (A) actually mean?

Does it mean we bend over and take it up the shiter when we're being royally screwed? That we don't fight back?

Or (B) - does the thoughts and opinions of McCoist (club manager), Davie Weir (club captain) mean so little in this debate?

Or 'C' - hell, we might even win it (as many have found in Court over the years).

(tu)

How will your defence go if we drop points in any of these 2 games coming up?

Don't you think the fact we could be 10 pts clear of the taigs by the time they take to the field on Sunday may just have a bearing on this decision?

A 1 game ban I could accept. 2 games? No way.

Does it mean we bend over and take it up the shiter when we're being royally screwed? That we don't fight back?

Or (B) - does the thoughts and opinions of McCoist (club manager), Davie Weir (club captain) mean so little in this debate?

Or 'C' - hell, we might even win it (as many have found in Court over the years).

What were McCoists comments? I've only seen the comments where he said he hadn't seen the incident.

RANGERS Football Club today received a Notification of Complaint from the SFA in connection with an incident involving Steven Naismith and Austin McCann at Saturday's SPL match against Dunfermline.

After reviewing video footage, the club has decided to accept the Fixed Suspension and as such the player will miss the next two SPL matches - against Kilmarnock tomorrow evening and Hibernian at the weekend.

Steven has already had an apology accepted by Austin McCann and admits there was no deliberate intent to make contact with the player at East End Park.

As Manager Ally McCoist stated at today's pre-Kilmarnock press conference, Rangers supports the new SFA fast-track process for dealing with disciplinary matters and trusts it will be applied fairly across all clubs.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110926/two-match-ban-for-naismith_2254024_2463546

The club are not appealing.

2 game ban, drama over.

Don't you think the fact we could be 10 pts clear of the taigs by the time they take to the field on Sunday may just have a bearing on this decision?

If its deemed violent conduct its a 2 match ban, thats what the boy from United got for his "headbutt" on Broadfoot.

D) We are an easy target who are fighting a losing battle off the field within this country, we are the club hated more than any other and the club who the mhedia and a majority of the footballing authorites want to strip of their champions crown.

On A) See above. On B) Yes, they are irrelevant, they are not on the panel making the decision here and C) I cant see it.

I am all for appealling injustices but in this instance, a 2 game ban seems fair enough for such stupidity.

If its deemed violent conduct its a 2 match ban, thats what the boy from United got for his "headbutt" on Broadfoot.

Fair enough, but the boy who "headbutted" Broaders got sent off, as the Ref felt it was an infringement at the time. The Ref on Saturday never seen any infringement. It was picked up by TV cameras, which as we all know, don't always tell the truth.

What were McCoists comments? I've only seen the comments where he said he hadn't seen the incident.

"I spoke to Naisy about it (the incident) and he said he'd tried to brush the lad aside and the lad hadn't made anything of it". "Stevie is not an aggressive or violent boy!" (McCoist in tody's Sun)

I'd be mega surprised if McCoist hadn't seen it by the time the highlights were shown on BBC's Sportscene - which is when the club captain, Davie Weir, defended the lad in the manner described above.

We are not a one man team, if we do drop points to two poor teams it wont be because of Naisy missing imo.

Yes, i have already implied something smells here.

(tu)