Juan Ortiz

LeeWallaceRFC

Played pretty well tbh

Was direct with his play & put in a few good balls

Heard that he looked a lot fitter tonight and was keeping up with the play.

Mate said he was rapid, making good runs for Whittaker and even got some good crosses in. He also said he beat a few on the wing but I'm not so sure that bits true :lol:

I've seen a few people say he hasn't got much vision, which I'd strongly disagree with. I think in his time here, although he has been in and out of the team, he's played some neat balls through and a couple of defence splitting passes on occasion.

Admittedly, the thing he does lack is the ability to get by people at pace. Couple of times on the right tonight you were just after him to drive on, if not take the man on, at least go forward, however, he played it back on those occasion I mention. Maybe he'll start doing that with a bit more confidence. He certainly isn't going to be turned into a winger though, he never was one.

He played well last night and to me its mainly to do with the fact Liverpool were not just sitting in and putting 10 men behind the ball. He has a good range of passing and some of his movement was 1st class. He is not a winger though so i wish people would stop going on about pace. He is a RM

Still got a long way to go. Very average for now.

I thought Ortiz had his best game in a Rangers jersey last night. Pity it was a friendly, might give him a confidence boost. On the other side of the pitch! McKay was great, loads of energy and easy on the eye. IMO good players always fit straight into any team and McKay should start left mid on Sunday against Hearts.

I thought he was poor. Seemed to do alot of running, while never actually creating anything. Was caught out of position- few times we broke and the RM postion was empty cause he was as far back as our corner flag.

Alot of people on here have all stated Ortiz is actually a good footballer, me included, but some people expect things from him that just isn't his game.

I think people were expecting a 'winger', but Ortiz is more of 'wide midfielder' than a 'winger'. I think given time he'll become a good player for us. He needs to learn the language and become more confident in his ability. Good delivery, wide range of passing, vision are all strong points in his game and in certain games especially away from home I think he'll be an important player. He would have been vital in European games in the Champions League, if we got there that is.

I thought he was poor. Seemed to do alot of running, while never actually creating anything. Was caught out of position- few times we broke and the RM postion was empty cause he was as far back as our corner flag.

Watching a different game from most there I'd say. All about opinions though, I guess.

Its nights like lastnight that ortiz has to produce a performance from to stake a claim for a place in the starting 11. Good to hear most people seem to think he had a decent game, hopefully he can build on that as ive not been overly impressed with him when he has played!