David Silva Or Juan Mata?

G.E.C.

Both players careers have been quite the same, both started on the left then found themselves playing a role inside behind the striker at Valencia in a 4-2-3-1 (esque) formation. At Valencia they got recognition, just not nearly as much as they deserved, they have now moved onto bigger and better things and are finally getting it.

I personally like Mata more, but Silva has been excellent and everything City do has him involved.

Brilliant post, fully agree.

The main reason I prefer Mata is that he's more direct and can take players on with his extra pace that gives him a slight edge.

Two great players, like Villa, who never got the deserved credit due to playing with a so called 'lesser' club.

OT: Why do people feel the need to post non-funny names like Bedoya etc, one person doing it is lame enough but 4 or so in 5 posts is pretty pathetic and childish.

Was saying to my mate the other when watching the Chelsea match that Mata has all the attributes you associate with the modern Spanish midfielder in terms of touch, vision, poise etc but he also has that electric pace. So not only can he play the beautiful tippy tappy style, he can also just go for the old school 'hit it past the defender and run'.

Definitely prefer watching Mata but Silva has been outstanding this season so that's why I went for him. Mata is only 23 so will be great to watch him develop.

Two great examples of Spanish talent that can be poached from the smaller Spanish clubs I still can't believe no English team has gone for Martinez. Would have been the perfect signing for Man Utd IMO.