BBC protest

I've been irritated with this for a while, but haven't said anything as I know it would be unpopular. Before I go on I want to state that I think we are correct to protest against the BBC, but I question how it has been arranged.

Why are we having this protest on the day that celebrates the killing of a famous and prominent Catholic?

I love rangers but am athiest, and this type of thing makes me cringe, its probably innoscent, but frankly, it should be something we try to avoid. This type of poor timing takes away some of the cause of our protest and it will also confirm in poorly educated minds we do have an agenda against catholics.

Again I would like to state I'm not saying this was in the minds of the protest planners let alone at the forefront of their thoughts, but surely it is something we should be a little more sensitive to?

Aye, the two things are completely connected doh

Yeah exactly the type of response i anticipated, i told you its probably innocent, but the point i'm making is we should be more sensitive to this type of thing.

By showing our sensitivity we will be showing how much we want the sectarian element erased from our great club.

Yeah exactly the type of response i anticipated, i told you its probably innocent, but the point i'm making is we should be more sensitive to this type of thing.

By showing our sensitivity we will be showing how much we want the sectarian element erased from our great club.

We could have it on any day of the year and the militant offended wing would trawl wikipedia and the bible for any sectarian/anti-catholic connection at all.

No surrender, eh?

So you are saying setting off fireworks and lighting bonfires, this weekend, are sectarian acts?

So you are saying setting off fireworks and lighting bonfires, this weekend, are sectarian acts?

I think he's saying it's more that the tims should be offended by the day, irrespective of the fact that it's most likely wee earl bams who let off the most fireworks.

I've been irritated with this for a while, but haven't said anything as I know it would be unpopular. Before I go on I want to state that I think we are correct to protest against the BBC, but I question how it has been arranged.

Why are we having this protest on the day that celebrates the killing of a famous and prominent Catholic?

I love rangers but am athiest, and this type of thing makes me cringe, its probably innoscent, but frankly, it should be something we try to avoid. This type of poor timing takes away some of the cause of our protest and it will also confirm in poorly educated minds we do have an agenda against catholics.

Again I would like to state I'm not saying this was in the minds of the protest planners let alone at the forefront of their thoughts, but surely it is something we should be a little more sensitive to?

You've got be fishing???? I will give you a serious answer if you aren't as to why we chose this date but I can't take you seriously at the moment.

Err no

Clearly not, I think you missed the point.

Everyone seems to be holding onto the fact of me thinking this has been done for sectarian reasons, I stated it is prob innoscent, but all I'm saying is we should be sensitive towards this kind of thing in the future.

"Part of the intent of the Gunpowder Plot of 1605 was to kidnap the nine-year-old Elizabeth and put her onto the throne of England (and, presumably, Ireland and Scotland) as a Catholic monarch, after assassinating her father and the Protestant English aristocracy.[1] However, this never happened as Guy Fawkes was caught by the King's soldiers before he was able to ignite the powder.[3]"

All I'm saying is we should be sensitive, thanks for all the childish remarks though lads, I guess I thought people on here were a little more open-minded.

When did I say that? His effigy was burned on bonfires followed by the firework display. His death became celebrated on this day.

doh to you

The Gunpowder Plot was foiled on November 5th 1605 and bonfires were lit to celebrate the King being saved.

If you know your history.

You've got be fishing???? I will give you a serious answer if you aren't as to why we chose this date but I can't take you seriously at the moment.

That answer is inconsequential, the point of this is irradicating any threads of sectarianism in order to be so squeeky clean no one will have anything on us.