BBC protest

The Gunpowder Plot was foiled on November 5th 1605 and bonfires were lit to celebrate the King being saved.

If you know your history.

yeah, whatever doh

"Fawkes became synonymous with the Gunpowder Plot, the failure of which has been commemorated in England since 5 November 1605. His effigy is often burned on a bonfire, commonly accompanied by a firework display."

That answer is inconsequential, the point of this is irradicating any threads of sectarianism in order to be so squeeky clean no one will have anything on us.

Ally could cure cancer, Craig Whyte could donate millions to the Vatican and Shagger could find Maddie and the tims would still dig up shite on us.

The only way the tims will stop having a go at us is when their feet stop twitching.

and here was me thinking it was because it's a home game that day and it's close to Ibrox,

so some of the fans who may not make the effort to travel if it was on another day will join the protest as their in the area anyway,

Others will have travelled some distance for the game who couldn't travel hundreds of miles to stand in the rain for a couple of hours!

What would you have us do?

Wait till the international weekend is over then our next home game,

when there is every chance the bbc and the club may have made up and the protest looses allot of impact?

That answer is inconsequential, the point of this is irradicating any threads of sectarianism in order to be so squeeky clean no one will have anything on us.

? The original date was the 15th October which we cancelled due to the on going trouble with the stewards & STASI at Ibrox, we wanted to help the UB & TBO order with any protests they planned regarding their treatment. Our next home game after that was this weekend, we've a timeline of statements on our site since the original was announced to back all this up...

That given I can't believe I'm fecking answering a question like this! You've got to be at it...

I've been irritated with this for a while, but haven't said anything as I know it would be unpopular. Before I go on I want to state that I think we are correct to protest against the BBC, but I question how it has been arranged.

Why are we having this protest on the day that celebrates the killing of a famous and prominent Catholic?

I love rangers but am athiest, and this type of thing makes me cringe, its probably innoscent, but frankly, it should be something we try to avoid. This type of poor timing takes away some of the cause of our protest and it will also confirm in poorly educated minds we do have an agenda against catholics.

Again I would like to state I'm not saying this was in the minds of the protest planners let alone at the forefront of their thoughts, but surely it is something we should be a little more sensitive to?

As the oft quoted Bard, Rabbie Burns might say, "Away an' bile yer' heid and geez peace!"

yeah, whatever doh

"Fawkes became synonymous with the Gunpowder Plot, the failure of which has been commemorated in England since 5 November 1605. His effigy is often burned on a bonfire, commonly accompanied by a firework display."

As I said above.

No Popery.

:lol:

Aye, the reason we're PROTESTING on 5th November is in fact because Guy Fawkes is dead. :lol:

Lets scramble about the place and pick a new date so we don't offend taigs.

Are you offended Jack, or do you care for their feelings? Who gives a fuck.

The most retarded ever RM thread? I think so. Do you not think its anything to do with its the 1st home game since the programme and has gave us an ample opportunity to get a decent turn out.

you are a fucking retard

:lol:

Aye, the reason we're PROTESTING on 5th November is in fact because Guy Fawkes is dead. :lol:

Lets scramble about the place and pick a new date so we don't offend taigs.

Are you offended Jack, or do you care for their feelings? Who gives a fuck.

go and fuck yourself you prick, clearly you missed the point :rolleyes:

The most retarded ever RM thread? I think so. Do you not think its anything to do with its the 1st home game since the programme and has gave us an ample opportunity to get a decent turn out.

you are a fucking retard

Nowt to do with the programme, apparently.

laugh.gif

I can't believe you'd start this thread then criticise the people who've replied in the manner they did. What were you expecting the replies to be like?

That's exactly what he wanted. I replied with a serious explanation and got ignored so that tells you all you need to know

I've been irritated with this for a while, but haven't said anything as I know it would be unpopular. Before I go on I want to state that I think we are correct to protest against the BBC, but I question how it has been arranged.

Why are we having this protest on the day that celebrates the killing of a famous and prominent Catholic?

I love rangers but am athiest, and this type of thing makes me cringe, its probably innoscent, but frankly, it should be something we try to avoid. This type of poor timing takes away some of the cause of our protest and it will also confirm in poorly educated minds we do have an agenda against catholics.

Again I would like to state I'm not saying this was in the minds of the protest planners let alone at the forefront of their thoughts, but surely it is something we should be a little more sensitive to?

[/quote

Rangers fan,aye right,your as much a bear as i am a digestive biscuit.wtf worst thread ever