Aluko must start

loch71

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people need to get real. Who do you expect us to sign?

Fleck is a player that has come through the ranks but unfortunately has lost his way but we know there is a player there. We just have to find a way of releasing his potential IMO. As for Aluko, he's not costing us much and has SPL experience. How can we lose?

Remember people were moaning that we signed Goian and Bocanegra because of the small fees instead of the pricey Hungarian CB. They turned out ok

You seem to be asking me to get real. Sad day when Ally will not give the Norwegian boy a chance to prove himself rather than bring in this player that fro some reason has been without a club since the end of the season.

Please don't hit me with compensation having to be paid could have stopped someone signing him and as for training/trial whatever with Juventus this could have been arranged as a favour to his agent.

I never moaned about the two central defenders as i had never seen them play. But have seen Aluko play and how does one of our own young players feel when they see this happening?

Fleck my opinion is that i do not think he will cut it with us.

So aluko is the saviour now is he

Jesus

Before long he will be slated along with wylde and edu

All I read was that he should start as he brings an element of surprise, didn't see the word 'saviour' used at all.

Still, I suppose some will take enjoyment in criticising a player before he's kicked a ball for us.

Jesus

Hardly a saviour but surely you agree our team needs a wee spark at the moment? I think what I was getting at (and some others to) was that we should at least try this guy and see what he can do. If not we have another bench warmer and another Aaron, Kerkar etc. on our hands. ie. a waste of wages

Careful now....

Here's a suggestion If he's not fully match fit why not accept this and play him for 60/70 minutes and get the most from him in the throiws of the game instead of bringing him on for a pointless 10/15 spell at the end of the game (Walters signiture tactic...). He'll get match fitness from eh....playing games

Has he even been training at all?

Being match fit doesn't just mean tiring out of games, it can also mean being off the pace from the start.

If he hasn't played/trained he will be miles off the pace for starting. To get him to a point where he is able to start he will need bounce games and sub appearances.

I like this team. But I would play three in the middle away from home, with aluko and Fleck buzzing around Jela. I think we should play with a 5 man midfield at home as we know teams are going to flood the middle when they come to us, fight fire with fire!

Is lafferty injured or suspended, no mention of him in any of the teams, did he not score a hat trick last time we played at Kilmarnock?

I agree we need a bit extra creativity

In some threads though, people are making him out to be way better than his ability actually is

I'm hoping we have done a good deal here but let's just see how he does over the next few wks before we go overboard

I'd still go with tried and tested players and bleed him into games

Is lafferty injured or suspended, no mention of him in any of the teams, did he not score a hat trick last time we played at Kilmarnock?

And that guarantees him a starting place or for that matter any player just because of what they did last season?

Is that not a dangerous tactic considering Lafferty (and others) have been off the boil lately.

No player should be immune from being dropped because without that fear performances will stagnate and that is what appears to have happened with a few of them lately.

Jesus

This. Any new signing and folks in here have their wallopers out. He'll be an addition to the squad but for people to say 'he must start' is crazy. Let's just see how things go. Wish people would have a bit of realism

100% away from home in the league. Arguably, the only place we need Aluko is when we are playing at home. Don't think he'll start on Sunday. Bench for him. And folks on here will be raging.

So long as we pick up 3 points no one really cares who starts and who finishes.

If we do not pick up 3 points and play poorly again with the tried and trusted favourites then Ally can expect to be on the receiving end rightly or wrongly. Tis the nature of a football fan.

I personally am not that worried about Killie because it is away and our record is far better than at home.

So long as we pick up 3 points no one really cares who starts and who finishes.

If we do not pick up 3 points and play poorly again with the tried and trusted favourites then Ally can expect to be on the receiving end rightly or wrongly. Tis the nature of a football fan.

I personally am not that worried about Killie because it is away and our record is far better than at home.

Problem being, if we start Aluko, still play poorly and lose points, then everyone will say Aluko is shite. Tis the nature of daftly reactionist football fans. Think we have to be realistic and say that while we hope he does well, he isn't going to vastly change our side, thats all. I'd love if he turned out to be a world beater but i'm not wholly convinced Ally is gonna start him in every game from now on. Think he'll be introduced gently. Hasn't played a proper 90 minutes at this level for months, I personally think it would be a bit much to expect him to make a massive impact if he plays any part at the weekend

All I read was that he should start as he brings an element of surprise, didn't see the word 'saviour' used at all.

Still, I suppose some will take enjoyment in criticising a player before he's kicked a ball for us.

True but the "Aluko must start" headline is pretty comical. We are just so sick of our current players and performances, we could have signed literally anyone and it would be "XXXX must start".

The league championship?

Who's to say Ally won't feel the need to give the boy a chance and say he makes a couple of errors costing us points or missing some chances to get three, then we don't see him again for the season. Surely we would have 'lost' something then? Obviously that's hypothetical and a bit of a stretch, but it's not impossible.

Just don't see why many people continue to say we having nothing to lose and that he will be a cheap option, those funds could have been used towards a striker which might cost us in the end as well.

Although it's possible this signing could clinch us the title. Hope the boy does well. (tu)

A sensible post. As i say, i think people just have to have a bit of realism with their expectations. The guy was an alright player at Aberdeen. i'd love him to come in and do well but we have to acknowledge that he's a guy who hasn't had any football in months. We shouldn't just expect him to make a huge impact straight away, as folks seem to have done with most of our midfield signings this season

Problem being, if we start Aluko, still play poorly and lose points, then everyone will say Aluko is shite. Tis the nature of daftly reactionist football fans. Think we have to be realistic and say that while we hope he does well, he isn't going to vastly change our side, thats all. I'd love if he turned out to be a world beater but i'm not wholly convinced Ally is gonna start him in every game from now on. Think he'll be introduced gently. Hasn't played a proper 90 minutes at this level for months, I personally think it would be a bit much to expect him to make a massive impact if he plays any part at the weekend

I would be a hypocrite if i said i was looking forward to him signing and that i am clamouring for his inclusion on Sunday. I stated when we were first interested in him that he was no more than aveerage. If you can't hack it at Aberdeen then don't get another club after leaving them then you certainly are not good enough in my eyes to play for Rangers.

However as i said earlier our away form has been good enough that regardless of the team McCoist puts out i am confident in their ability to pick up 3 points.