Ally has list of replacements.

FirrhillLoyal

Rangers coach Ian Durrant has said that manager Ally McCoist has a list of players he would target to replace existing first team players who leave Ibrox in January.

The Ibrox club rejected bids for star striker Nikica Jelavic during the summer transfer window and are braced for a fresh approach in January.

Other members of the first team squad have been linked with moves and Durrant said that a contingency plan was in place if Rangers decided to sell when the window opens.

Club scout Neil Murray has already visited Greece identifying possible targets and two Indian strikers are due to arrive on trial as Rangers explore options. Durrant insisted that the club did not want to lose players but said that they would make replacements and intended to add to the squad.

“From now until January we will be looking around in case anything tragic happens and we lose some of our star players,” he revealed. “The manager and chairman are in dialogue and we want to keep the squad together.

“If we can get a couple of additions, it will stand us in good stead.”

The coach admitted that the club had been unable to spend mid-season in recent years but said that the current squad was strong enough to cope even without reinforcements.

“For the last four years every January has been hard,” he told The Herald. “But it’s out of our hands.

“We can only work with what’s on the pitch and if we have all of our players available then nine times out of 10 we will do okay. But if clubs come in with ridiculous bids then the club will have to look at them.”

http://stv.tv/sport/football/scottish-premier/rangers/282294-rangers-have-replacement-plans-if-stars-leave/

I remember reading on here that someone sent a list of players to a scout? Then got an invite to meet at ibrox? might be wrong.

I don't remember which member it was but the list was send to, and acknowledged by, Gordon Smith.

You're right he then invited him to Murray Park for a cuppa :)

This says to me we will be losing some of our first teamers.... McGregor, Davis and Jelavic will be who are wanted... No one in their right mind would go for 20k a week and 5 year deal Whittaker.

Rangers ethos in recent years of find a player, sign him , he does good, we sell.

Meanwhile Bobby Average Players come and do next to fcuk all and are left to 'fight for their place' whilst taking a wage for doing hee haw.

January should see the back of

Kerkar

Healy

Broadfoot

McCulloch

Weir (he has contributed but should not of renewed his contract)

With 2/3 being ADDED to what we have... It won't be, we will be decimated further.

I'd love a window where we actually strengthen rather than juggle

This says to me we will be losing some of our first teamers.... McGregor, Davis and Jelavic will be who are wanted... No one in their right mind would go for 20k a week and 5 year deal Whittaker.

Rangers ethos in recent years of find a player, sign him , he does good, we sell.

Meanwhile Bobby Average Players come and do next to fcuk all and are left to 'fight for their place' whilst taking a wage for doing hee haw.

Kerkar

Healy

Broadfoot

McCulloch

With 2/3 being ADDED to what we have... It won't be, we will be decimated further.

Are you just negative for the sake of being negative?

Kerkar

Healy

Broadfoot

McCulloch

Everybody would, but the reality of the situation is that we aren't in a financial position to simply strengthen.

Everybody club in Scotland is doing a juggling act at the moment, that's just the reality of the state of Scottish football.

ally says we don't have to sell, that's probably true. But if anyone thinks we'll knock back a multi million pound bid then they are deluded.

5 million quid bid minimum for anyone and we'll accept if there's time to get a replacement in

Exactly... Jelavic would have been away had that last minute offer from abroad came earlier in the window

Can you find anything false in his post, though?

I can. The opening sentence. He has taken a statement that is true and put his negative twist on it. Durrant stated that we have a contingency plan in Case anybody bids for our top players. We will not knock back a big bid for anybody. We can't at this point in time.

It would be stupid of us not to look at things in the 'worst case scenario'.

Just because we are planning for the worst doesnt mean it will happen!!!

Didn't Ally say at the start of the week that we didn't have to sell any players in January??

We never have to sell, but it's very likely that should Leceister or someone else come in with a bid larger than what we turned down in August for Jelavic, he's offski. We don't have to sell, but if a deal is too good to turn down, then it's too good to turn down. £8m + for an SPL player is fantastic business and it's just not money we can say no to currently, unless the player is in the Messi bracket of player.

Can you find anything false in his post, though?

Can he fcuk...But he, like many others on here is looking for a pat on the back from other posters saying "You're right he is a Negative Bassa" instead of actually responding to what I said.

Which is Right..

Sad.

Kerkar

Healy

Broadfoot

McCulloch

Of course you would think that, you're a negative bastard.

Kerkar

Healy

Broadfoot

McCulloch

As opposed to Hugh Dallas who just wanted a window...or two..or three