Jeje Lalpekhlua and Sunil Chhetri Arrive In Glasgow

Broxi

282396-jeje-lalpekhlua-and-sunil-chhetri-arrive-in-glasgow-for-rangers-trial-410x230.jpg

Jeje Lalpekhlua and Sunil Chhetri have touched down in Glasgow ahead of their week-long trial with Rangers.

The Indian international duo will train with Ally McCoist's side next week, as they bid to win moves to the Scottish Premier League.

Rangers director of football Gordon Smith was on hand to meet the pair at Glasgow Airport and both will take in the weekend fixture with Kilmarnock, before linking up with their prospective team-mates at Murray Park.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they impress is there any chance either of them would get a work permit? I'm sure I read somewhere it would be very unlikely.

I doubt we would bring them over knowing they wouldnt get a work permit.

If Hokey Kokey Mizuno and Wanyeama can get one, anyone can.

I doubt we would bring them over knowing they wouldnt get a work permit.

If Hokey Kokey Mizuno and Wanyeama can get one, anyone can.

The cynical take that this is nothing but a marketing ploy to expand the Rangers brand to India and the club have no intention of buying them, I personally don't buy into that tosh but was just wondering if they fit the criteria.

Chhetri has been knocked back for a work permit before, which seems a bit odd as he's played plenty of international football. I think he was trying to sign for a side in the Championship at the time, though I could be wrong.

Never heard of the other fella though.

The cynical take that this is nothing but a marketing ploy to expand the Rangers brand to India and the club have no intention of buying them, I personally don't buy into that tosh but was just wondering if they fit the criteria.

If they are good enough i dont care where they come from. I like the idea of us branching out though, its long over due but India may not be the right country. A recent international match was watched by 2500 fans, yes, two thousand five hundred.