Respect to Shay Given today

kirkiebear

It's a bit of praise on a football forum and the media, hardly like a national holiday is being declared in his honour.

Start a thread about your mate and his mum and i'm sure they'll be plenty of praise given to him.

It was a couple years ago it happened! I never meant any offence it was more of a general observation of life and attitudes towards different people!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what Shay Given was feeling, but he choose Aston Villa over his "friend"

Say what you want about Craig Bellamy, but he decided his friend was more important than a game of football.

Also, Michael Owen posted on twitter today that he was "numb" by the news. However, he still managed to get on Match of the day 2 and make a quick buck out of it.

Gary Speed will be forgotten about in a couple of days, just like the others. Only his family and close friends will feel the loss.

I don't know what Shay Given was feeling, but he choose Aston Villa over his "friend"

Say what you want about Craig Bellamy, but he decided his friend was more important than a game of football.

Also, Michael Owen posted on twitter today that he was "numb" by the news. However, he still managed to get on Match of the day 2 and make a quick buck out of it.

Gary Speed will be forgotten about in a couple of days, just like the others. Only his family and close friends will feel the loss.

What a cynical person you are.

You should also get your facts right. Kenny Dalglish took the decision to take Bellamy out of the squad..Shay Given also found out that Speed had passed away in the warm up. He'd probably of thought what would Gary have done in that situation and wanted to do it for him. He hardly had time to consider it anyway. The thoughts of letting his team mates down by bailing out so soon before KO more than likely went through his mind also.

What a cynical person you are.

You should also get your facts right. Kenny Dalglish took the decision to take Bellamy out of the squad..Shay Given also found out that Speed had passed away in the warm up. He'd probably of thought what would Gary have done in that situation and wanted to do it for him. He hardly had time to consider it anyway. The thoughts of letting his team mates down by bailing out so soon before KO more than likely went through his mind also.

Just saddens me that there's people with this kind of attitude over a situation like this.

What a ridiculous point of view.

I heard the news today, and thought what a shame it was. End of story for me.

How do the people on this thread manage to get the kind of connection with a stranger like Speed, that they feel devastated, are left shaking, and suffer all of the other traumatic stuff that only usually comes with the death of a close relative?

I feel as if I'm not grieving enough, and would like to get more of a connection with people I don't know.

My mate done this no more than a month ago, His dad died of a heart attack when he was on holiday, yet he went out a day or two later, played a blinder & scored a hattrick, he broke down in tears when the 3rd went in, very fitting as his dad went to all his games.

Just being an arsehole for attention, aye?

I never meant it like that I apologise but my point was that shay given should not be givenpraise for going out and doing his job which he gets paid a fortune to do fuck all in!! That was my main point I never meant it on a personal level!

Then your point is fucking daft.

All the money in the world doesn't help if you're feeling down, I think Gary Speed taking his own life yesterday proves that much.

Odd that you weren't around with this sort of pish when Billy Sharp played not long after the death of his baby.

Anyone who can keep their head up and get on with things after getting news like that deserves some respect, whether they're on eighty grand a week or eighty quid a week, but are you really questioning why Shay Given got a thread and your obscure mate didn't?

Personally if such a tragedy was to happen to me football would be the only thing that could take my mind off it for atleast a while anyway, plus I am sure gary being such a football man would have wanted shay to play.