McCoist - The Player

BelgradeBear

It has often been one of life's mysteries to me how Ally became such a Rangers scoring legend. You see, I had the displeasure of watching him in virtually every game of his first two seasons at Ibrox.

A measely 8 league goals in 30 games in his first year with us. This coupled with the fact he had only scored 8 league goals in 56 matches with Sunderland seemed to reinforce the belief that John Greig had signed a donkey.

He was fucking torture to watch - and in those first few seasons he remains in my view one of the worst finishers I have ever seen. For those who look back with fondness to the days before internet saddos who do nothing but moan, I can assure you in those days Rangers players got it full on from supporters at games. "Ally Ally get tae fuck" was sung loud and not quite proud on more than one ocassion. I know, cause I sang it I'm ashamed to say.

How he ended up being Super Ally still astonishes me. But he did.

And it for this reason that I am not calling for his head nor will I be asking for him to go away as I did vociferously nearly 30 years ago. His managerial decision making just now baffles in the same way as his inability to trap, shoot, head or dribble the ball did back then. But then something clicked 18 months into his Rangers playing career and I'm desperate for something similar to happen to him now. He has handled far far worse abuse than what he's getting from Bears just now and I reckon he'll come out stronger having hopefully had a fucking good look at himself.

Come on Ally, prove me wrong once again. :clap:

It has often been one of life's mysteries to me how Ally became such a Rangers scoring legend. You see, I had the displeasure of watching him in virtually every game of his first two seasons at Ibrox.

A measely 8 league goals in 30 games in his first year with us. This coupled with the fact he had only scored 8 league goals in 56 matches with Sunderland seemed to reinforce the belief that John Greig had signed a donkey.

He was fucking torture to watch - and in those first few seasons he remains in my view one of the worst finishers I have ever seen. For those who look back with fondness to the days before internet saddos who do nothing but moan, I can assure you in those days Rangers players got it full on from supporters at games. "Ally Ally get tae fuck" was sung loud and not quite proud on more than one ocassion. I know, cause I sang it I'm ashamed to say.

And it for this reason that I am not calling for his head nor will I be asking for him to go away as I did vociferously nearly 30 years ago. His managerial decision making just now baffles in the same way as his inability to trap, shoot, head or dribble the ball did back then. But then something clicked 18 months into his Rangers playing career and I'm desperate for something similar to happen to him now. He has handled far far worse abuse than what he's getting from Bears just now and I reckon he'll come out stronger having hopefully had a fucking good look at himself.

So true mate!!! Nice sensible post as well.

What I want to know is, why perhaps the likes of Jelavic doesn't get the 'treatment'. He is giving similar performances as Ally did back then. He hasn't exactly got a much better scoring record than he did then. What is it about jelavic that folk don't want to give him stick? I reckon we all collectively think he'll pack his bags and want away of that happened. To me, no player is beyond getting stick if the likes of Cooper, McCoist & Hateley got it! I'm obviously not suggesting we do, but it's surprised me he's been spared it for so long. For all Lafferty's faults, he's certainly come back stronger for having gone through the mill.

On topic, I'm sure Ally will get it right, but he has to somehow get the players to respond in a positive way after games like last night, St Mirren, Inverness....etc etc

You're bloody right mate.

We should have kept Sebo!

How did u end up in Belgrade mate?

Did u make the crvena zvevda match a few years back (tu)

Got pished before the Red Star game, missed the game, met a Serbian lady, got married. <cr>

Actually, that's not true. I just happen to work here just now. And a fine place it is too.

So true mate!!! Nice sensible post as well.

What I want to know is, why perhaps the likes of Jelavic doesn't get the 'treatment'. He is giving similar performances as Ally did back then. He hasn't exactly got a much better scoring record than he did then. What is it about jelavic that folk don't want to give him stick? I reckon we all collectively think he'll pack his bags and want away of that happened. To me, no player is beyond getting stick if the likes of Cooper, McCoist & Hateley got it! I'm obviously not suggesting we do, but it's surprised me he's been spared it for so long. For all Lafferty's faults, he's certainly come back stronger for having gone through the mill.

On topic, I'm sure Ally will get it right, but he has to somehow get the players to respond in a positive way after games like last night, St Mirren, Inverness....etc etc

Jelavic started firing them in as soon as he arrived. Add that to the fact he scored the winner against them in the LC Final last year and it means he's got more than enough credit with the fans to last him a while. Although patience is starting to wear thin with him.

He's off in January though - he's done his bit for us but I feel a little bit let down with him this season. He has enjoyed himself at Rangers but the trouble is his agent and hangers on have always seen Rangers as a stepping stone to the EPL. He was allowed to stay on this summer so he could shine in the CL to get an even bigger sign on fee to a "bigger" EPL club. As soon as that was out the window he was told it was time to move on. As always, the loss will be greater for him than it will be for us.

His League Cup winner will be his greatest memory in football.

Jelavic started firing them in as soon as he arrived. Add that to the fact he scored the winner against them in the LC Final last year and it means he's got more than enough credit with the fans to last him a while. Although patience is starting to wear thin with him.

He's off in January though - he's done his bit for us but I feel a little bit let down with him this season. He has enjoyed himself at Rangers but the trouble is his agent and hangers on have always seen Rangers as a stepping stone to the EPL. He was allowed to stay on this summer so he could shine in the CL to get an even bigger sign on fee to a "bigger" EPL club. As soon as that was out the window he was told it was time to move on. As always, the loss will be greater for him than it will be for us.

His League Cup winner will be his greatest memory in football.

I agree with all of that mate. (tu)

What I would say though is that with the speed of decline in his performances, and apparent lack of fight/interest, I'm just surprised he's been spared a bit more abuse than he has had/got, if any!

Lets just say I think he could benefit from a little constructive criticism a la Super, Coops & Hateley! Of course, if he were to find his form before that was needed...would be even better!

I remember the days when Ally got slated for missing sitters.

The Judge sat on the bench,playing second fiddle to Mo Johnston.

About that era I counted 1 goal for every 3 sitters,that's why he wasn't big enough down south.

As for Jel,that performance last night might just have sealed his future at Ibrox because

the managers watching probably,like me,thought he was shite.

If his form carries on then he will probably get pelters just like I give big Laf :wanker: at times.

Another -ve rep I suppose?

:uk::beer1::uk::beer1: